Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/26/2004 2:43:10 PM   
roberto5352

I'm going to be recapping this match between Brady and Mogami. I'll have the full benefit of Mogami (hereinafter Admiral YamaMogami)'s strategic insight, and access to the replays and the Japanese turns. In this thread, I'll be discussing both current events and future planned operations, so this must be a BRADY-FREE ZONE. If you absolutely must be Mr. Brady, please, do it elsewhere.

I'm still working on a format for this AAR, so if there are any reader suggestions as to what you'd like to see, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Grand strategy and Turn 1 as soon as I get up the effort to take some screenshots...
Post #: 1
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/26/2004 5:20:50 PM   
kaleun

Present it as a Tokyo Rose kind of report?
You should also let us know what kind of music, (swing of course) plays in the background.

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to roberto5352)
Post #: 2
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/26/2004 8:40:58 PM   
pasternakski

Brady's going to play the Allies? Must be a fig newton of my imagination...

I'd like to see a nice, snappy journalistic style. You know, sort of a written Edward R. Murrow thing. The Tokyo Rose thing would be a gas, too, if you can pull it off ... "You poor doomed GIs, Marines, and Filipino Army troops on Bataan should know that your comrades across the bay at Manila are now all the Emperor's prisoners. The criminal MacArthur will be captured any moment now ..."

< Message edited by pasternakski -- 12/26/2004 1:52:24 PM >

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 3
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/26/2004 9:04:01 PM   
mogami

Hi, Gee I was sort of hoping for a clear easy to understand explantion of what is going on from a disinterested party. Exact movements and why, supply situation, pilot training and all that. As detailed as could be done without resorting to just cut and paste of combat.txt
(The combat txt is not very important except for that is allows players to post AAR's sooner. ) I think Robert has taken on a massive task. As Joe Friday always said "Just the facts"
I'm going to explain everything I do.

< Message edited by Mogami -- 12/26/2004 2:04:43 PM >

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 4
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/26/2004 10:22:52 PM   
Mike Scholl

This should be facinating. Is there going to be an alternative "Brady's-Eye-View" thread
where we can listen to him whine about how tough he and his buddies have made it to
play the Allies? I'm really looking forward to keeping up with this...

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 5
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/26/2004 10:49:21 PM   
mogami

Hi, Brady already has several current games as Japan. He wanted to play the Allies as well. (I had expected to play Allied versus him but due to my being off line for a while he filled the spot)

(in reply to Mike Scholl)
Post #: 6
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/26/2004 11:00:07 PM   
kaleun

However is done, periodic map screenies, showing upcoming plans and strategy would be appreciated.
The map is too large for me to lug about; (besides, someone at work might figure out what i'm really doing)

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 7
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/26/2004 11:39:19 PM   
dtravel

Format suggestion: Try to think like a historian when writing. You have access to the "source documents" (i.e., the Japanese side's turn) as well as the journals of high ranking officers and post-war interviews (i.e., whatever Mogami is willing to tell you). From that you are trying to put together a coherent overview of the course of the war.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 8
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/27/2004 12:16:10 AM   
Mike Scholl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mogami

Hi, Brady already has several current games as Japan. He wanted to play the Allies as well. (I had expected to play Allied versus him but due to my being off line for a while he filled the spot)

I'm glad he's wanting to give it a try. I just meant it will be fun to see his reactions
when he has to play against all the "let's make life easier for the Japanese" tweeks
he and his buddies have passionately championed for so long. Hope you can make
his existance very exciting for a while. And looking forward to hearing the details.

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 9
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/27/2004 12:48:48 AM   
mogami

Hi, We are moving right along. Game settings
Scenario 15
1 day turns
non historic turn 1
Dec 7 surprise on
very variable reinforcements (+-60 days)
Allied DC on
Auto sub off
Japanese sub doc off
Allied sub doc off

Japanese only port attack PH turns 1
Allies allowed orders turn 1 except PH
Only landings that take place in historic turn 1 allowed on turn 1 (but Japanese can cancell or alter these landings)
No Japanese TF within 4 hexes of non historic landing hex.
Japanese must remain in air cover (CV can provide)
Japanese must have surface TF within "react range" of any landing
Japanese must pay PP to change HQ before moving LCU from one HQ area of control to another.
All hexes of Japanese Home Islands must always have fighter cover. (Although it only takes 4 or 5 Nate groups to meet this (few if A6M2 used)
All bases in China required to be garrisioned at all times after 30 days from start (to give time for units to move )
All hexes bordering with Soviet Union must be under Japanese air range at all times.

Post #: 10
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/27/2004 5:32:49 AM   
kaleun

Sounds fascinating. Thread suscribed to.

3:1 for Mog.

Sun Tzu

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 11
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/27/2004 7:10:52 AM   
Mike Scholl

Three to One on Mogami Winning as the Japanese? I might put a bottle on ol'
Brady at those odds. Of course we'd have to make it a good liquor or wine..,
as it will be very well aged by the time they get to 1946. One of the two must
have a life...

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 12
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/27/2004 7:14:50 AM   
Mike Scholl

Question to Mogami? What about the portion of the PH airstrike that hit the airfields? Have you agreed to leave all of Pearl's air strength untouched. This is in reference to the agreed apon "only port attack on" on PH turn one? Or did you mean to say that the
only port attack allowed on turn one is against PH?

Post #: 13
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/27/2004 7:42:13 AM   
mogami

Hi, Sorry I meant only port that could be attacked was PH but I didn't touch KB from starting set up so it was the exact attack you get when you play historic turn 1. What I really like about doing non historic turn 1 is getting the Japanese moved between bases. (Not making invasions) Also since I do not always intend on following a plan that uses turn 1 landings I don't like the historic turn 1.

< Message edited by Mogami -- 12/27/2004 12:42:20 AM >

Post #: 14
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/27/2004 8:05:32 AM   
Mike Scholl

Just wanted to be sure. I may have a bottle of something riding on this. Can't
wait for the first few AAR's to be posted. I'm hoping you will pound Brady silly
in the opening just to convince him that pulling ALL the slugs from Allied bullets
wasn't a good idea; and that maybe the "Allied fanboys" knew what they were
talking about. Though I'm betting on Brady cause I liked the odds.

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 15
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/27/2004 8:20:33 AM   
kaleun

Mike: How about a bottle of Glenfidinch? on Mog?

< Message edited by kaleun -- 12/27/2004 12:21:01 AM >

Sun Tzu

Post #: 16
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/27/2004 8:36:16 AM   
mogami

Hi, Well I have 8 PBEM going currently and the Allies are not being steamed rolled in any of them. Prehaps I should bet on Brady as well but I only drink Beer or Wine. I prefer German white wines and they don't need to age.

While I realize it is possible to move at a faster pace simply by loading and unloading LCU and moving from one attack to the next I can't get myself to play the game that way.
I set unit objectives and let them prepare a bit before dumping them into the next attack. I worry about losses. I have no intent on trying to win the war in China or overrun the Soviets. I simply want to keep Japanese heavy industry producing supply. I don't try to build more aircraft then Ford builds cars. I place garrisons on bases I capture. I only use full size units to block retreats.
In short as Japan my entire plan is basicly to kill what I can while I can and then make one massive effort to defend a base and in the process cause enough damage that the Allied offensive stalls long enough to prevent Japan from being forced into surrender. (Make it so that the Allied player could eventually score his required point ratio except he has run out of time)

< Message edited by Mogami -- 12/27/2004 1:45:12 AM >

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 17
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/27/2004 9:04:45 AM   
kellyc

Any chance to be given some input on your production, ship construction programs, and whatnot setup for the Japanese? (newbie on the lookout for better setups).

Thanks
Kelly

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 18
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/27/2004 9:36:15 AM   
mogami

Hi, I don't really mess with ship construction. I start a few AR conversions on turn 1. I don't do all that much to aircraft except turn off factories producing types I have enough in the pool. I do build a few arms factories (the ones that start at 0 I gradually increase to 16) I build repair yards. My simple production system is to increase facilities that begin smaller then 10 points to over 10 points but i don't try to do it all at once. I move oil and resource. Thats really what I do and most of my operations are designed to allow me to move more oil and resource with less interference from the Allied player.
My entire war effort is to move oil and resource as long as possible. I commit my forces based on this. Of course I see real or imagined threats and deal with them as best I can.
When I sink a CV in the Coral Sea I'm really protecting Palembang. I draw a circle around my resource and oil facilities and then defend it best I can. I have no interest in enemy bases that are not in range except for that they are where the forces will gather to break my circle. Because of that and only because of that I go outside my circle. (But I go home when I am done)
I don't desire unlimited oil and resource , I only want what I can use. I can only use what I can get home safely and inexpensively.
So as Japan the war has three parts (I call them stranglely enough Phase I, Phase II and Phase III)
Phase I aquire oil and set up transportation net.
Phase II inflict as much damage to delay enemy offensives
Phase III DEFENSE

Phase II is the least important because I either have the force or I don't. Phase II ends when the risk of losing more material then I inflict loss on the enemy. I need material for Phase III where I throw it all away in great quanity in exchange for time.

My great plan is prehaps the most boring of all devised by persons who play Japan. I have no great design. Everything I do early is to aquire resource and oil as cheap as I can. I apply my material advantage where I think it can achive more then it risks and then I trade space and material for time.

< Message edited by Mogami -- 12/27/2004 2:37:21 AM >

(in reply to kellyc)
Post #: 19
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/27/2004 9:37:13 AM   
Mike Scholl

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun

Mike: How about a bottle of Glenfidinch? on Mog?

That sounds a lot like a single malt scotch..., which I don't care for. But if you
want to put it against 3 bottles of Jamisons Very Old Irish, then you are on.
Now that's sippin whiskey. But all bets are off if one of us dies before the game
is over!

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 20
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/27/2004 9:42:42 AM   
mogami

Hi, I'm not doing the AAR but here is a screen shot of the Philippine Area on 13 Dec 1941

Attachment (1)

Post #: 21
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/27/2004 4:47:07 PM   
kaleun

Mike, you are on.
BTW Where are you? (As far as shipping booze and all that)
Just so I can leave instructions to my estate on where to ship the booze to.

Sun Tzu

Post #: 22
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/27/2004 6:53:14 PM   
roberto5352

I was seeking suggestions in terms of actual layout and graphical formatting. I don't really have the deep period knowledge to pull off any kind of historical "role." I was a history major, so I figured I'd appoint myself official historian to the war and leave it at that. Without further ado, The Plan (aka The Big Picture).

The cornerstone of Admiral YamaMogami's war plan is a rapid capture of the Southern Resource Area. The gallant leader has set a target date of March 1, 1942, for the complete occupation of this vital region. The Admiral also hopes to trap and destroy a significant portion of the Allied forces in the region. Key bases in Borneo and at Amboina and Kendari will be occupied as soon as possible as launching posts for Japan's ong-legged naval bombers.

A necessary prerequisite to operations in the SRA is to quickly neutralize American forces in the Phillipines. Six divisions and two brigades (and supporting troops) will be hitting the beaches immediately, with three divisions tasked for later phases of the operation.

The North
A small force will capture Lingayen. After the enemy is driven away, more units will land at this base. The new units will drive southeast, isolating the troops in the northeastern sector of the island from the main body of US forces at Clark Field. Thus isolated, these forces will be destroyed.

The South
The first wave will include a major landing at Legaspi. Adm. YamaMogami hopes the Americans will commit a substantial force to defend at Naga. An armored force will land at Lamon Bay and cut southwest, isolating another body of US troops to be defeated in detail. With two bodies of troops thus dealt with, the main American defense at Manila, Clark, and Bataan should be brief.

Mindanao
The base at Davao is another first-wave target. Once this base is in Japanese hands, aircraft based here will support landings at Jolo Island and Menado. These bases will be springboards for the Admiral's early Dutch East Indies operations against Balikpapan, Amboina, and Kendari.

After the SRA is secured, forces will be made available for operations in the South Pacific.
The Admiral plans a standard advance in Malaya.
Operations in China will be conservative, with a focus on securing the railroad from Yenen to Canton to Hanoi.

Results for Dec. 7th next.

Screenshot- Phillipines December 8, 1941 (annotated)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 23
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/27/2004 7:19:14 PM   
kaleun

Good. It starts

Sun Tzu

Post #: 24
12/7/1941 - 12/27/2004 7:29:26 PM   
roberto5352

Air Ops

Pearl Harbor attack
After completing this attack, the KB will raid Midway. The Admiral hopes this feint will be interpreted as the first step of an invasion. YamaMogami would like US naval assets to be tied up in the Central Pacific for as long as possible.
Day Air attack on Pearl Harbor , at 112,68

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 76
D3A Val x 126
B5N Kate x 143

Allied aircraft
F4F-3 Wildcat x 1
P-26A x 8
P-36A Mohawk x 3
P-40B Tomahawk x 14

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 11 destroyed, 10 damaged
D3A Val: 21 destroyed, 55 damaged
B5N Kate: 18 destroyed, 33 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-3 Wildcat: 6 destroyed, 7 damaged (4 destroyed)
P-26A: 15 destroyed, 2 damaged (8 destroyed)
P-36A Mohawk: 39 destroyed, 12 damaged (46 destroyed)
P-40B Tomahawk: 62 destroyed, 44 damaged (63 destroyed)
PBY Catalina: 55 destroyed, 35 damaged ( 43 destroyed)
A-20B Boston: 13 destroyed, 7 damaged (12 destroyed)
SBD Dauntless: 16 destroyed, 10 damaged (7 destroyed)
B-18A Bolo: 29 destroyed, 30 damaged (22 destroyed)
B-17E Fortress: 6 destroyed, 17 damaged (5 destroyed)

Allied Ships (only PT-22 sinks immediately)
AV Curtiss, Bomb hits 1
BB Maryland, Bomb hits 9, on fire
BB California, Bomb hits 9, on fire
BB Tennessee, Bomb hits 6, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
BB Pennsylvania, Bomb hits 8, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
BB West Virginia, Bomb hits 6, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
BB Oklahoma, Bomb hits 6
CL Phoenix, Bomb hits 1, on fire
DMS Perry, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
BB Arizona, Bomb hits 5, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
DM Gamble, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
DD MacDonough, Bomb hits 1, on fire
BB Nevada, Bomb hits 5, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
PT PT-22, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Conyngham, Bomb hits 1, on fire
CL Helena, Bomb hits 1
CL Honolulu, Bomb hits 1
DD Reid, Bomb hits 1
AVD Thornton, Bomb hits 1, heavy damage
CA New Orleans, Bomb hits 1
CL St. Louis, Bomb hits 1

Allied ground losses:
138 casualties reported
Guns lost 8

Airbase hits 49
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 178

Raids in Malaya
Air raids against Georgetown, Alor Star, and Singapore were launched, destroying a grand total of zero a/c on the ground. It is believed that all Allied aircraft were withdrawn from Malaya. Although this will preserve Allied units, it will also allow the Japanese to capture air bases in Malaya with minimal damage.

Raid on Clark
A large raid was launched against Clark, but did little damage. Loss figures appear to be correct.

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 27
G3M Nell x 27
G4M1 Betty x 79

Allied aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 2 damaged
G4M1 Betty: 3 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
B-17C Fortress: 1 destroyed, 2 damaged
P-40E Warhawk: 2 destroyed, 2 damaged
P-40B Tomahawk: 3 destroyed, 3 damaged

Naval and Sub Ops
I-165 torpedoed the unescorted AK Poelau Bras and escaped without incident.
(I'm going to try to keep detailed sub stats, including kills, torpedo hits, and a "batting average" of torp. hits per shot.)

Ground Ops
Wake was bombarded by three separate TFs, comprising in total 1 BB, 4 CAs, 2 CLs, and ~10 DDs.
2 Naval Gd. units landed soon thereafter and captured 1500 defenders with minimal losses.

A Special Naval Landing Force landed at Batan Island, and captured both the island and its 600 defenders with only 29 casualties.

Guam was also invaded.

Logistics
(The Admiral being something of a logistics zealot, he has asked me to give a description of Japan's general supply situation. I don't have the figures in my notes here, but in the future i'll also post resource and oil production, in addition to stockpiles)
Total supply: 2.75M
Total fuel: 4.13M (let's watch this puppy drop :) )
Total resources: 1.78M
Total oil: 1.80 M

AAR notes
I've tried to limit my use of quotes from the CR as much as possible. If people prefer, I could eliminate even the few that appear, and type up my own descriptions of events.

Anyone want to guess how many turns these sadists put in my mailbox Sunday alone? Well, 12/7 was finished on saturday night. 12/13 was completed sunday night. Don't these people have jobs or families or something??

Post #: 25
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/28/2004 3:57:40 AM   
Mike Scholl

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun

Mike, you are on.
BTW Where are you? (As far as shipping booze and all that)
Just so I can leave instructions to my estate on where to ship the booze to.

Currently I am in San Jose, California. With luck, I'll be retired and living in the
Midwest before this is over. Or sprinkled over San Francisco Bay.,,What about you?

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 26
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/28/2004 5:53:58 AM   
kaleun

I'm in Denver, Colorado, except when I'm skiing.

Sun Tzu

Post #: 27
RE: Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady - 12/29/2004 8:17:07 AM   
Mike Scholl

So when will we see another new episode of the "Mog & Brady Show"..., the world wonders?

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 28
12/8/1941 - 12/29/2004 5:20:10 PM   
roberto5352

Quiet turn. I'm gonna try and work through the backlog today and post through 12/12 or so. We'll see...

Air Ops
The airfield at Clark was attacked by approximately 75 Betties and 25 Nells. 2 Betties and a Nell were lost to flak, and damage to the airfield was very light.

Sallies bombed ground forces at Alor Star and Khota Bharu (41 and 51 respectively), inflicting moderate causualties, and suffering only one operational loss.

Naval and Sub Ops
I-164 hit the luckless AK Poelau Bras with an additional 3 torpedoes. She sank immediately.
I-21 put two torpedoes into AK Aldebaran. Her single DD escort was unable to retaliate, and I-21 lined up a second attack later that afternoon, hitting Aldebaran with three additional torpedoes. It seems that AKs cannot float with 5 holes in their hulls.

Ground Ops
Hyuga, Ise, and escorts (including CA Mogami) bombarded Khota Bharu by night, killing about 500 men and destroying 9 guns.
Nagato et al. bombarded Kuantan by night, killing about 100 men and destroying 3 guns.

Landings began during the day at Lamon Bay (4th and 7th Tank Rgts.; Shuzan Nav. Gd.) and Vigan (Sasebo 3rd SNLF).

Guam (undefended) was taken without loss.

Logistics
Total Supply: 2.72 M
Total Fuel: 3.94 M
Total Resources: 1.78 M; 12.1k/day produced
Total Oil: 1.77 M; 750/day produced

Planning
Reconnaissance reports 4 Allied units at Nanning in SE China, currently defended by the 19th Mixed Bde. 3 more units have been spotted NW of Nanning. To deal with this threat, the Admiral has ordered the transfer of the 21st Div. (Hanoi) and 23rd Mixed Bde. (Saigon), from the Southern Area Army to China. As the situation develops, more forces may be transferred. Once the invaders are repelled, these units will be released back to the SAA. How this situation will affect operations in the SRA remains to be seen.

The F2/Yamada Daitai, which began the war flying 11 Claudes out of Saigon, has been pulled back to Sasebo for reorganization. The F1/Sasebo Daitai (16 Claudes) was disbanded, to return in 90 days. The combined 27-pilot formation upgraded to A6M2s, and, after repairs, will transfer to Truk.

Post #: 29
12/9/1941 - 12/29/2004 6:05:33 PM   
roberto5352

Air Ops
Lilies launched 2 raids on ground units in the Canton area, inflicting light losses.

An air raid against the British citadel at Hong Kong encountered extremely stiff resistance. Flak downed 5 of the 26 Anns participating in the attack, and one of the 24 Sonias. An additional 20 aircraft were damaged, and morale in both units has plummeted to the mid-40s.

In Malaya, units at Khota Bharu were bombed by Sallies. Since bombers aren't needed to neutralize air fields in the region, Adm. YamaMogami hopes to use both air and naval bombardments to inflict significant losses and disruption on units in Malaya before they retreat to Singapore.

Naval and Sub Ops
6 PT boats attempted to interfere with the landings at Legaspi. They were met by a surface combat force of 2 CAs, 2 CLs, and 9 DDs. PT-35, PT-41, and PT-32 were sunk, with no damage to the defenders.

I-123 attacked AK Mauban on the surface, scoring 1 torpedo hit and two hits from the deck gun. Japanese subs have been perfect so far in the war. (Anyone think I should add a "slugging percentage" of hits/attack to my stats?)

Ground Ops
Phillippines
Landings continued at Lamon Bay and Vigan, both of which were captured today. The US Base force at Vigan retreated SE away from Clark. A new wave of landings began at Aparri (Sasebo 8th SNLF), Laoag (Yokosuka 4th SNLF), and Legaspi (16th Div and numerous engineering and artillery supporting units).

The first wave of landings began at Lingayen (2nd, 6th, and 14th Tank Rgts., Kainan Gd SNLF, and Ikaiei SNLF). A second wave of 3 divisions (the 5th, 18th, and 48th), 2 brigades (35th and 65th) and a number of support units are standing one day off the coast, and will begin landing as soon as the base is taken.

Landings at Davao (5th Bde, Kure 1st SNLF, and a base force), encountered coastal gun fire that damaged PG Showa Maru #5(56/11/15).

China
2 Chinese Corps made a deliberate attack against the 19th Mixed Bde at Nanning. They were repulsed and suffered 300 casualties. The 21st division has departed Hanoi and is moving along the rail line towards this Chinese pocket.

Japanese forces (38th Div. + 3 artillery units and 2 engineering regiments) bombarded Hong Kong, inflicting light casualties.

Planning
Legaspi and Davao are expected to fall today. Beginning tomorrow, air units will transfer to Legaspi, some of which will continue on to Davao. These units will provide an air umbrella for naval operations further south, including the planned invasion of Jolo, which will soon depart from Camranh Bay.

The author of this AAR now plans to take a shower and get some lunch. More turns tonight.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Third Person AAR- Mogami v. Brady Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI