Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BIN Too Expensive

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> BIN Too Expensive Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BIN Too Expensive - 1/15/2005 6:23:22 AM   
norvandave

I am really interested in BIN but it's too expensive, even with the price reduction. Especially so if you're Canadian. It's an add-on module!

First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.
Post #: 1
RE: BIN Too Expensive - 1/15/2005 9:37:20 AM   
Fred98

Add on to what?

(in reply to norvandave)
Post #: 2
RE: BIN Too Expensive - 1/15/2005 10:02:23 AM   
Arckon

Ok, I bought BIN 1-2 days before the Xmas price reduction (ie full price) and I stress, I do not regret 1 cent of that purchase.
BIN is a great buy at full price, and an absolute bargain at the new price point just released at.

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 3
RE: BIN Too Expensive - 1/15/2005 10:08:31 AM   
e_barkmann

If BiN was simply some new scenarios and a new map then I would agree with you too, although I would probably still debate pricing even if considered an "add on".

However, well over a year of development work went into BiN's code with substantial improvements to user interface, AI and other features, not to mention months of work on the 1.01 patch which added some new display features which are extremely useful.

I guess it's difficult to see the extra value until you have played the game, but I don't understand how you can label this new game an add-on if you haven't played it.

My suggestion would be to go hang out at Run5 and see what opionions others have of BiN, and then make a reasonably informed decision.

Cheers Chris

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 4
RE: BIN Too Expensive - 1/15/2005 11:19:40 AM   
ydejin

This is my first post. But I've been playing BiN non-stop for several weeks, so I feel compelled to say that I definitely think BiN was worth the money. I'm having a great time with it. For me it was worth every penny.

< Message edited by ydejin -- 1/15/2005 1:20:37 AM >

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 5
RE: BIN Too Expensive - 1/15/2005 11:55:42 AM   
JSS

quote:

ORIGINAL: norvandave

I am really interested in BIN but it's too expensive, even with the price reduction. Especially so if you're Canadian. It's an add-on module!

If there EVER was a wargame worth dropping some cash for this is it! As Chris mentioned above its much more than an add on. KP is an excellent wargame, but BIN is significantly better.

The replay value is nearly unlimited as playing a scenario rarely follows the course twice. PLUS... Expansion battles are available for free at Run5.

There isn't anything out there that delivers goodness for your money like BIN. I give it the highest recommendation possible.

JSS

If that weren't enough it's as addicting a game as they come

< Message edited by JSS -- 1/15/2005 5:57:01 PM >

(in reply to norvandave)
Post #: 6
RE: BIN Too Expensive - 1/15/2005 12:57:42 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

It's an add-on module!

How about some arguments. What makes you feel it´s "just" an addon?

(in reply to norvandave)
Post #: 7
RE: BIN Too Expensive - 1/15/2005 1:41:41 PM   
Bill Durrant

I guess it is an expansion to KP as KP was to TAO but it also stands alone. Same generic system but with extra maps, units, rules, scenarios and enhanced features.

ASL has done pretty well with expansion and historical modules and they are not stand alone games.

Yes, it is very similar to KP in the look and feel but a great game on its own, and with KP. Not only that, you can buy it and be playing within a couple of hours without leaving your home

Sunk by 35cm/45 1YT Gun - Near Singapore

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 8
RE: BIN Too Expensive - 1/15/2005 2:55:08 PM   
PzB74

Just downloaded BIN and the price was little more than half a tank of fuel!
Looking forward to check it out...

"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without"
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to Bill Durrant)
Post #: 9
RE: BIN Too Expensive - 1/15/2005 4:42:49 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

With the current exchange rates, it's actually a great time to buy for our customers worldwide as the US dollar is in general pretty weak. I also have to point out that your impression that this is only an add-on is misinformed. The amount of new code written (and rewritten) for this game combined with the graphics and scenario work easily equaled or exceeded the time spent on KP or any of our other full game titles. This is not an add-on by any definition in my book. A sequel, yes, but did you pay less to see Spider Man 2 because you'd already see Spider Man 1?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to norvandave)
Post #: 10
RE: BIN Too Expensive - 1/15/2005 7:36:37 PM   
Ron

BIN is a good game no question about that, but it is still a sequel to KP with no major or revolutionary advances IMO, and with that in mind it is expensive for a computer game considering the majority of new titles here in Canada go for $40-$50, many for less. If you like beer and pretzel type wargames then you will get lots of value for your money. The AI is fairly competent and though the community isn't that big, you shouldn't have any problem finding PBEM opponents. There is an issue at times with PBEM Replays however , they are 'broken' - you cannot follow or make sense of what your opponent did and FOW is gone, revealing all your opponent's forces. It's something that needs to be addressed ASAP to make PBEM functional again IMO.

Ron

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 11
RE: BIN Too Expensive - 1/16/2005 8:34:30 AM   
e_barkmann

PBEM games are not broken if played according to the manual. However, if your opponent hits the 'x' button to quit the game before finishing his turn, the replay you receive will be garbled.

The current work around for this is to make sure you complete your email turn in one sitting.

More info at Run5 if required.

Cheers Chris

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to Ron)
Post #: 12
RE: BIN Too Expensive - 1/16/2005 8:37:11 AM   
norvandave

It was my impression that it was an add-on, albeit with improvements. As I said, I am interested in BIN and I probably will suck it up a lay down the $CDN cash. Thanks for your input.

First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

(in reply to Ron)
Post #: 13
RE: BIN Too Expensive - 1/17/2005 4:49:00 PM   
jhdeerslayer

It's worth it bro!

(in reply to norvandave)
Post #: 14
RE: BIN Too Expensive - 1/24/2005 1:44:18 PM   
ravinhood

I'm looking for the Bargain "BIN"! hehe

(in reply to jhdeerslayer)
Post #: 15
RE: BIN Too Expensive - 1/29/2005 12:51:46 AM   
diggystyon

norvandave: I am selling my copy of BiN for $10 less that the retial price, so perhaps that is low enough for you? check out my post on this forum.

(in reply to norvandave)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> BIN Too Expensive Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI