Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Jap ASW TF wins dual victory

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Jap ASW TF wins dual victory Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Jap ASW TF wins dual victory - 1/8/2005 1:46:53 AM   
Luskan

PNG? I was thinking about NZ or Canada . . .

Forgot to note sports-fans, that I pulled off a nice little hook manouvre in China - 4 divisions swung off the railway line, went for a leisurely stroll through the fields, picking flowers and bird watching etc., then took a totally undefended Ichang from the West (undefended).

This means at Ichang I have 4 divisions, on the hex to the east there is a road with a chinese division sitting on it (I use the term loosely here) and to the ehx east of that, another of my bases with another 4 divisions (this one is sort of central to the railway line so it is pretty major, has some arty, base force, engineers, paratroops even). I'm going to crush that little chinese unit into oblivion to remind my troops that killing Raver's soldiers is more fun than bayoneting civilians, birdwatching AND picking flowers all together.

I've got to say I've devoted SO much firepower to china that usually gets sent elsewhere. If I was the emporer and you were the Jap commander in Uncommon Valour, you'd hate me (love me because I'm the Emporer) but hate me because I'd send you basically nothing to fight in that theatre with.

Raver's subs are hunting for my CV Division 4, but they aren't having any luck. A couple of subs were near Kwajalein, and a couple of others are at Truk (hit the nautilus twice this turn but don't think I wrecked her) othesr snooping near Rabaul. They're all wrong.

With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 721
RE: Jap ASW TF wins dual victory - 1/8/2005 3:39:56 AM   
Raverdave

Bugger ! Luskan's ASW is getting better.............took two hits on subs one which resulted in the loss of a sub. Time to start hunting his CVs with my CVs maybe ?

China is going to explode in Luskan's face soon.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 722
RE: Jap ASW TF wins dual victory - 1/8/2005 12:08:31 PM   
Luskan

Couple of quiet turns with my stealing a few more south pacific bases, unloading lots of extra troops (my reinforcements come in waves), so every month or so I realise i've got 20+small infantry units sitting at Tokyo and want to clear them out. It is inefficient to have so many troops sitting in the home islands. There are lots of supplies generated at the front, and I would prefer they get used at the front and any shortfall made up with convoys from the home islands.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 723
RE: Jap ASW TF wins dual victory - 1/8/2005 10:40:12 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

So the Banananananananana says that Java is not the full extent of his empires boarder huh? Well looking at what I have in PNG he now has a long hard fight on his hands.

Maybe he wants a chunk of Alaska? It is Summer in the game now . . .

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 724
Summer holidays in Alaska? - 1/9/2005 5:29:38 AM   
Raverdave

I don't think that Luskan is interested in Alaska, and can't say that I am much for that matter. Too far and too much trouble. I think that it looks like we are both content to let sleeping dogs snooze as far as the North Pacific is concerned.

Things have really slowed down a lot with the only action hapopening being Subs meeting jap ASW Tfs. I can't really see Luskan getting upto too much as his supply tail is still in a knot, and it will take a few weeks for him to get it sorted. Where as I am still desperate for Engineer units of any type. I have loads of aircraft and ships and infantry, but it is engineers or the lack of, that is slowing things down for me.
So I will simply contiune to build me rear areas and train my troops. Time is on my side.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 725
RE: Summer holidays in Alaska? - 1/9/2005 11:47:29 AM   
Raverdave

Luskan contiunes to steal some bases with small units yet again showing his lack of operational flare and skill.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 07/18/42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 51 troops unloading over beach at Hansa, 53,83

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack at 55,43

Japanese Ships
PC Ch 9
PC Ch 8
PC Shonan Maru #7
PC Shonan Maru #6
PC Sonan Maru #6
PG Chosa Maru
PG Hashidate
MSW Ranzan Maru
MSW Asahi Maru

Allied Ships
SS Wahoo

Sub attack at 55,44

Japanese Ships
AK Tekkai Maru
MSW Misago Maru #11
MSW Kongo Maru #2

Allied Ships
SS Gudgeon

Sub attack near Amami at 56,44

Japanese Ships
AK Taki Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
MSW Misago Maru #11
MSW Kongo Maru #2

Allied Ships
SS Herring

Day Air attack on 14th Field Artillery Regiment, at 45,25

Allied aircraft
I-16c x 18
SB-2c x 9

Allied aircraft losses
I-16c: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
12 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
17 x I-16c bombing at 2000 feet
3 x SB-2c bombing at 6000 feet
6 x SB-2c bombing at 6000 feet

Ground combat at 48,30

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 22441 troops, 255 guns, 7 vehicles

Defending force 1401 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 966 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
5 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Allied ground losses:
115 casualties reported

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Ground combat at 48,33

Attacking force 23811 troops, 268 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 1581 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 227 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
39 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
72 casualties reported

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Ground combat at Sampit

Attacking force 498 troops, 5 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 16 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Sampit base !!!

Ground combat at Hansa

Attacking force 647 troops, 8 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 46 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Hansa base !!!

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 726
RE: Summer holidays in Alaska? - 1/9/2005 12:22:41 PM   
Luskan

Seem to have an excess of HQs sitting around - I'm tempted to concentrate my forces to make supporting them easier, but this would weaken my defences. Can't make up my mind.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 727
RE: Summer holidays in Alaska? - 1/9/2005 2:03:32 PM   
Raverdave

I just sent Luskan a warning that things are really going to start heating up in 30 to 40 turns time.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 07/19/42

ASW attack near Amami at 56,44

Japanese Ships
PC Showa Maru #5
PC Showa Maru #3
PC Gamitsu Maru #1
PG Zuiko Maru
PG Saiko Maru
PG Magan Maru
PG Koei Maru
PG Keijo Maru
PG Edo Maru
MSW Tama Maru #2
MSW Fukeui Maru #7
MSW Fuji Maru
MSW Atsu Maru
MSW Wa 2
MSW Wa 1

Allied Ships
SS Herring

Japanese Ships
AK Yamamiya Maru

Allied Ships
SS Herring

Japanese Ships
PC Showa Maru #5
PC Showa Maru #3
PC Gamitsu Maru #1
PG Zuiko Maru
PG Saiko Maru
PG Magan Maru
PG Koei Maru
PG Keijo Maru
PG Edo Maru
MSW Tama Maru #2
MSW Fukeui Maru #7
MSW Fuji Maru
MSW Atsu Maru
MSW Wa 2
MSW Wa 1

Allied Ships
SS Herring

TF 51 troops unloading over beach at Madang, 54,84

Japanese ground losses:
146 casualties reported

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 728
RE: Summer holidays in Alaska? - 1/9/2005 2:59:32 PM   
Luskan

While Raver was talking, I took another little base in the south pacific, and landed troops at two others in the Indeonesian chain and Solomons, and sank one of his subs in the waters off KL.

After sinking the Thornton I'm fairly certain that Raver has not only covered PM fairly well, but has devoted some firepower to the solomons. Unfortunate that he got in there before me, but I sat on my ass prior to the Java invasion (expecting a big fight) for so long I was never going to get there in time. Not with any real force anyway.

But the good news is i've got 800 assault points at Rabaul, 800 at truk with a division on the way, and my crack squadrons of zeros and betties in the area. There are two CV divisions devoted to my solomons/PNG campaign, supported by 4 BBs and a host of other ships. I might not have got there first, but I think I've got the moxie on hand to clean shop. Raver's spent a lot of time shoring up Darwin, Midway, Johnson, and a ****load of effort on Burma and India (could be that he is going to try and operate all his heavies and level bombers on the continent as he has been doing - I would) but that isn't unexpected.

At a guess I'd say he plans to get in close somewhere in the solomons where his fighters and shorter range bombers etc. can have a go at me. Maybe even try for Wake. Time will tell - I have one or two things up my sleeve that I'm hoping will shock him enough to put him on the back foot.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 07/20/42

TF 51 troops unloading over beach at Madang, 54,84

Japanese ground losses:
11 casualties reported

TF 49 troops unloading over beach at Pamakasan, 24,66

Japanese ground losses:
56 casualties reported

ASW attack at 22,48

Japanese Ships
DD Kuroshio
DD Oyashio
MSW W.12
DD Sanae
DD Wakatake
DD Nokaze
DD Tachikaze
DD Akikaze
DD Hakaze
DD Sawakaze
DD Hatakaze
DD Kamikaze

Allied Ships
SS Tarpon, hits 6, on fire, heavy damage

Day Air attack on Mandalay , at 33,30

Allied aircraft
Wellington III x 26
P-40B Tomahawk x 68
B-25C Mitchell x 119
B-24D Liberator x 24

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
7 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
4 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
42 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
19 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
20 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
18 x B-24D Liberator bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
5 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
18 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
9 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
6 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
6 x B-24D Liberator bombing at 6000 feet
TF 57 troops unloading over beach at Lombok, 24,69

Japanese ground losses:
37 casualties reported

Ground combat at Madang

Attacking force 617 troops, 7 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 20 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Madang base !!!

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 729
RE: Summer holidays in Alaska? - 1/10/2005 11:48:27 AM   
Luskan

Another turn another base I've stolen from Raver in PNG.
I did however discover some small allied troops (base forces) on a couple of isolated indonesian islands. My SNLF landing parties don't have the moxy to take them on their own, so I'll probably land the 35th brigade. They could use the exercise.

Also, this is about the 5th turn in a row I've hit one of Raver's subs. he is leaving them in shallow water, under plenty of my air cover and ASW patrols, which aren't hitting them with bombs but locating and IDing them for my ASW groups to kill. Good leader in your ASW groups is essential.

I picked some of my lower experience DDs, put thme under an admiral and sent them off Singapore and they sank the Tarpon last turn, and this turn they hit the Seawolf 3 times, crippling her. She was then reported sunk but hasn't appeared on the sunk ships list just yet so I'll hold my breath. Narrow, shallow waters. Enough said.

Not sure what the hell they were doing there anyway - Any resources and supplies and fuel I want transported between Rangoon and Singapore will be using the railway line, so there aren't any transports to bother. Maybe he's hoping for military targest moving to and from Rangoon? He's too late for all the troops, and there hasn't been any ship to ship action with any damage resulted up there for months so there aren't any cripples limping back - truth be told I was lucky with this ASW encounter because the sub manage to fire first and the torpedoes were duds.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 07/21/42

TF 57 troops unloading over beach at Lombok, 24,69

Sub attack at 21,47

Japanese Ships
DD Tachikaze
DD Kuroshio
DD Oyashio
MSW W.12
DD Sanae
DD Wakatake
DD Nokaze
DD Akikaze
DD Hakaze
DD Sawakaze
DD Hatakaze
DD Kamikaze
DD Mochizuki
DD Mikazuki
DD Kikuzuki
DD Isonami
DD Shirakumo
DD Hatsuharu
DD Natsushio

Allied Ships
SS Seawolf, hits 3, on fire

TF 51 troops unloading over beach at Siador, 54,85

Japanese ground losses:
18 casualties reported

TF 51 troops unloading over beach at Siador, 54,85

Japanese ground losses:
68 casualties reported

Day Air attack on 26th Division, at 45,25

Allied aircraft
I-16c x 20
SB-2c x 18

Allied aircraft losses
I-16c: 3 damaged
SB-2c: 3 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
13 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
20 x I-16c bombing at 2000 feet
9 x SB-2c bombing at 6000 feet
9 x SB-2c bombing at 6000 feet

Ground combat at Pamakasan

Attacking force 723 troops, 6 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 1651 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 1

Japanese ground losses:
36 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
13 casualties reported

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 730
RE: Summer holidays in Alaska? - 1/10/2005 1:47:11 PM   
Raverdave

Yes I have been reckless with my subs of late, but only in the attempt to start hitting targets...........shallow hexs and Jap ASW TF are not good for your subs health. I have lost and damged more subs this month than I have in the last 6. Time to switch tactics and steam for deeper waters.
Another big raid on Mandalay to ensure that the oil production is shut down....and it is. Troops are bound to clash soon in PNG and if Luskan is going to win some battles here he is going to have to get serious and stop pissing around with Battalion strength units and look at using Divisions....infact I am banking that he will.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 731
RE: Summer holidays in Alaska? - 1/10/2005 2:18:14 PM   
Luskan

Psych ops suck. See, I wonder if Raver is saying I should bring divisions to PNG because he wants them there instead of smoewhere else, or should I really be bringing them????!? If I'd already decided I sometimes start to second guess myself . . .

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 732
RE: Summer holidays in Alaska? - 1/11/2005 9:50:00 AM   
Raverdave

I'm not using PsyOps.....I simply want you in a place that I can defeat you in detail.....and PNG is the place of my choosing..........so bring it on Banananana boy.

The following would have to rate as one of the smallest CRs that I have ever seen

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 07/23/42

Sub attack at 37,60

Japanese Ships
AK Gosyu Maru, Torpedo hits 2, on fire

Allied Ships
SS S-36

Allied aircraft
I-16c x 3
SB-2c x 6

Allied aircraft losses
SB-2c: 3 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x I-16c bombing at 2000 feet

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 733
Luskan gets slapped ! - 1/12/2005 10:39:24 AM   
Raverdave

Today marks the opening of a new phase in my war against Luskan and his evil Bananananana empire!

Today over 220 bombers with some 70 fighters leveled the airfield at Rangoon destroying at least 51 aircraft on the ground, 47 of which were Zeros! This is a dark day for banana boy, and a victory to the Allied forces !

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 07/24/42

TF 73 troops unloading over beach at Lombok, 24,69

Japanese ground losses:
204 casualties reported

Day Air attack on Rangoon , at 29,34

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
Wellington III x 40
P-40B Tomahawk x 68
B-25C Mitchell x 180

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-Ib Oscar: 14 destroyed, 19 damaged
A6M2 Zero: 47 destroyed, 26 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Wellington III: 2 damaged
B-25C Mitchell: 10 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
635 casualties reported
Guns lost 15

Airbase hits 35
Airbase supply hits 11
Runway hits 140

Aircraft Attacking:
23 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
26 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
15 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
11 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
7 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
3 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
8 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
4 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
Day Air attack on Pagan , at 31,31

Allied aircraft
Spitfire Vb x 3

No Allied losses

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 734
RE: Luskan gets slapped ! - 1/12/2005 11:47:29 AM   
Luskan

Good thing I've got hundreds of zeroes in the replacement pool.

Was a good hit, but better than watching my planes get blown apart in the air with the pilots aboard.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 735
RE: Luskan gets slapped ! - 1/12/2005 11:56:43 AM   
Raverdave

I could careless where they get wacked, in the air or on the ground, still counts for a kill.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 736
RE: Luskan gets slapped ! - 1/12/2005 2:10:35 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Sorta like using a flyswatter to kill a bear. :)

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 737
RE: Luskan gets slapped ! - 1/13/2005 2:22:52 PM   
Raverdave

Well I DID have a bombardment TF trying to sneak up on Rabal, and I damnwell nearly got away with it! I was one turn away from rainning steel down upon banananana boys head when I was spotted. Needless to say I am now running like hell towards PM before he launches his Betties.

Otherwise things are somewhat slow.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 738
RE: Luskan gets slapped ! - 1/14/2005 12:54:05 PM   
Luskan

Apart from me invading the aleutians. Very quiet.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 739
Lots of Daylight There - 1/15/2005 4:43:19 AM   
Capt. Harlock

So I guessed right about ops in the Alaska area, eh?

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 740
RE: Lots of Daylight There - 1/15/2005 4:50:46 AM   
Luskan

Close enough. I took Kiska without a fight this turn.

I did get hurt at Rangoon again - lots of planes on the ground. I haven't timed an bomber interception yet, so this has been very poor play on my part. I've decided to pull the crappy pilots out of rangoon - just leave some search planes. These crap pilots will have to train at singapore.

As to whether or not I send better pilots in to replace them? Not sure I want to waste them on level bombers. I want to save them for when I really really need to sink CVs. At any cost. Might be too late.

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 741
Rangoon dies - 1/15/2005 7:15:41 AM   
Raverdave

Once again I launch a huge air attack against Rangoon smashing 81 fighters on the ground.........not one took to the air to defend it's own base. The fighter jocks were really pissed at that but the bomber drivers were more than happy. My plan for Rangoon is simple..bomb it back to the stoneage.

Luskan has made a small landing in the North Pacific with the grand idea of what? Taking control of the aleutians? More likely it is simply a diversion for something else that is going on. I will boot the Japs out of the aleutians, after all I have something like 6 or 7 RCTs sitting around doing nothing but building snow men, it is just a question of getting the shipping available to carry the troops. I am still hamstrung by a lack of sea-lift ability.

My grasp on PNG is getting firmer, with the 6th Aussie Div well dug in at Lae. In addition to that I have another 7 inf Divisons sitting at PM waiting for Luskan's move.i.............f it ever comes.
B-17 should soon be starting flight operation out of PM, and I intend to do to Rabal what I have done to Rangoon.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 07/28/42

TF 83 troops unloading over beach at Kiska Island, 92,35

Japanese ground losses:
32 casualties reported

Sub attack at 54,44

Japanese Ships
AK Kinka Maru
AK Eizan Maru
PG Myoken Maru
PG Takunan Maru #3
PG Oi Maru

Allied Ships
SS Tuna

Sub attack at 54,44

Japanese Ships
AK Shinamogawa Maru
PG Myoken Maru
PG Takunan Maru #3
PG Oi Maru

Allied Ships
SS Tuna

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
Wellington III x 26
Beaufort V-IX x 6
P-40B Tomahawk x 42
B-25C Mitchell x 130

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-Ib Oscar: 33 destroyed, 17 damaged
A6M2 Zero: 31 destroyed, 22 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Wellington III: 1 damaged
B-25C Mitchell: 2 destroyed, 17 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
696 casualties reported
Guns lost 10

Airbase hits 28
Airbase supply hits 8
Runway hits 155

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Beaufort V-IX bombing at 6000 feet
21 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
15 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
4 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
2 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
2 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet

Allied aircraft
I-16c x 24
SB-2c x 15

Allied aircraft losses
I-16c: 2 destroyed
SB-2c: 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
10 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
20 x I-16c bombing at 2000 feet
3 x I-16c bombing at 2000 feet
ASW attack at 55,44

Japanese Ships
PC Ch 9
PC Ch 8
PC Showa Maru #5
PC Showa Maru #3
PC Shonan Maru #7
PC Shonan Maru #6
PC Sonan Maru #6
PC Gamitsu Maru #1
PG Zuiko Maru
PG Saiko Maru
PG Magan Maru
PG Koei Maru
PG Keijo Maru
PG Edo Maru
PG Chosa Maru
PG Hashidate
MSW Tama Maru #2
MSW Ranzan Maru
MSW Fukeui Maru #7
MSW Atsu Maru
MSW Asahi Maru
MSW Wa 2
MSW Wa 1

Allied Ships
SS Sailfish

TF 51 troops unloading over beach at Sag Sag, 57,88

Japanese ground losses:
74 casualties reported

Ground combat at Kiska Island

Attacking force 2742 troops, 15 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 82 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Kiska Island base !!!

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 742
RE: Rangoon dies - 1/15/2005 9:09:01 AM   
Raverdave

A quick carrier raid on Rangoon nets some hits! The RN still has some life in it

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 07/29/42

ASW attack at 58,44

Japanese Ships
PG Myoken Maru
PG Takunan Maru #3
PG Oi Maru

Allied Ships
SS Guardfish

Day Air attack on TF, near Rangoon at 29,34

Allied aircraft
Fulmar x 9
Swordfish x 28

Allied aircraft losses
Swordfish: 13 destroyed, 21 damaged

Japanese Ships
CA Atago
BB Nagato, Torpedo hits 1
BB Mutsu, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
CL Oi, Torpedo hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x Swordfish launching torpedoes at 200 feet
2 x Swordfish launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x Swordfish launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x Swordfish launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x Swordfish launching torpedoes at 200 feet
ASW attack at 52,94

Japanese Ships
SS RO-33

Allied Ships
MSW Mildura
MSW Bunbury
DD Whipple
DD Bulmer

Sub attack at 61,89

Japanese Ships
ML Ma 1
ML Ma 2
ML Washizaki
ML Hoko

Allied Ships
SS Cachalot

Ground combat at Sag Sag

Attacking force 620 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 4 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Sag Sag base !!!

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 743
RE: Rangoon dies - 1/15/2005 10:51:34 AM   
Luskan

Well the CV raid I wasn't expecting. But this turn raver's level bombers came in at rangoon and 5 of my fighters managed to engage. Finally I shot down a couple of fighters, damaged a few bombers that didn't make it home.

As for the aleutians, I doubt Raver will bothe.r

Allied troops at Lunga and Lae is bad news - but the good news is my front line is rushing up to meet them. The contest for PNG is about to start, and I am confident that Raver's heavies won't be doing the damage he thinks - and also that my myriad of units are equal to the task I have set them. Of late I've been spreading out throughout the SRA more evenly.

There were lots of little unmanned bases - they're all being manned and built up (since most of my strongholds are complete now). I have strategic-ly- placed reserve supplies in places that Raver's bombers wont hit them, and I've got to admit I've been impressed with the amount of firepower I'd be abler to reroute to china. The question rises again . . . A Chinese offensive? My aim wouldn't be to win, but to savage Raver's troops badly enough (force him to fight) that I could delay his inevitable chinese offensives due about 6/44 (or 1/44!).

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 744
RE: Rangoon dies - 1/15/2005 11:14:01 AM   
Raverdave

Luskan is thinking of a Chinese offensive? Well that is NOT good news, as my Chinese troops are even now STILL recovering from his Dec'41/Jan'42 campaign.................I am at a loss to see how I can stop him, certainly at this point of the game.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 745
RE: Rangoon dies - 1/15/2005 12:43:50 PM   
Luskan

I've got unsurpassed firepower in China. Unfortunately I haven't been preparing for a chinese offensive. My supply stockpiles are elsewhere - it will take a while for me to build one in China for the war.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 746
RE: Rangoon dies - 1/15/2005 1:11:18 PM   
Raverdave

And now Luskan can kiss good-bye to all that oil he was getting from Rangoon:-

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 07/30/42

Sub attack at 29,29

Japanese Ships
SS I-164, hits 5, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
CL Birmingham, Torpedo hits 1
DD Paladin
DD Pakenham
DD Foxhound
DD Van Ghent

Sub attack at 61,89

Japanese Ships
ML Kyosai
ML Ma 2
ML Ma 1
ML Hoko

Allied Ships
SS Cachalot

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 2
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 3

Allied aircraft
Wellington III x 19
Beaufort V-IX x 9
P-40B Tomahawk x 19
B-25C Mitchell x 94

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-Ib Oscar: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
Wellington III: 5 damaged
P-40B Tomahawk: 5 destroyed
B-25C Mitchell: 2 destroyed, 13 damaged

Oil hits 19 BooM !

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
6 x Beaufort V-IX bombing at 6000 feet
26 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
23 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
17 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
13 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 2
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 2

Allied aircraft
B-24D Liberator x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 3 destroyed, 3 damaged
Ki-43-Ib Oscar: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
B-24D Liberator: 3 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
31 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Runway hits 5

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x B-24D Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
ASW attack at 28,34

Japanese Ships
PC Ch 20
PG Yoshida Maru
PG Unkai Maru #1
PG Tosho Maru
PG Shotoku Maru
PG Shosei Maru
PG Shoei Maru
PG Shinko Maru #5
PG Shinko Maru #2
PG Shinko Maru #1
PG Shinko Maru #3
PG Seikai Maru
PG Nishho Maru
PG Nikkai Maru
PG Kyo Maru #8
PG Kozan Maru
PG Kongosan Maru
PG Kogyoku Maru
PG Hong Kong Maru
PG Hirotama Maru
PG Heijo Maru
PG Hayakafuku Maru
PG Choko Maru #2
PG Choan Maru #2

Allied Ships
SS S-38, hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

TF 18 troops unloading over beach at Finschafen, 55,87

Japanese ground losses:
124 casualties reported

TF 51 troops unloading over beach at Arawe, 57,89

Japanese ground losses:
120 casualties reported

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 747
RE: Rangoon dies - 1/15/2005 1:53:35 PM   
String

quote:

ORIGINAL: Luskan

I've got unsurpassed firepower in China. Unfortunately I haven't been preparing for a chinese offensive. My supply stockpiles are elsewhere - it will take a while for me to build one in China for the war.

Why do you need to stockpile it? .. in my PBEM that started from may 1942 in which the situation in china is exactly the same as in scenario 15 i had NO problems with supply, i sent no supply in and yet i launched an all out offensive on all fronts and have over 700 planes there conducting ground attacks..

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 748
RE: Rangoon dies - 1/15/2005 2:39:29 PM   
Luskan

I'm guessing I have a lot more firepower in China than you. Also, I'm guessing that your troops have had some attrition - mine are all fully supported and at 100%. They'll stay that way if I've got supplies on hand (and enough troops in the replacement pool) to replace any losses I take.

Operation End Run was launched today. CV division 1 sailed from base fully fuelled and packing a punch.

(in reply to String)
Post #: 749
RE: Rangoon dies - 1/15/2005 3:46:53 PM   
String

quote:

ORIGINAL: Luskan

I'm guessing I have a lot more firepower in China than you. Also, I'm guessing that your troops have had some attrition - mine are all fully supported and at 100%. They'll stay that way if I've got supplies on hand (and enough troops in the replacement pool) to replace any losses I take.

Operation End Run was launched today. CV division 1 sailed from base fully fuelled and packing a punch.

Maybe, i just sent the imperial guards, almost all of my armor, all of the southern area artillery, pulled out most of the arty in Kwantung and one division too (no i didn't pay PP's for them) .. The chinese have about 200k troops in Kweilin and Hengchow that are going to be totally surrounded real soon and about 100k in Homan that are probably doomed also. North is being overrun and so is the south. Hanoi-Canton railroad is open. Changsha resources and factories are in ruins..

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 750
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Jap ASW TF wins dual victory Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI