Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A basic career mode is coming ...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> A basic career mode is coming ... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A basic career mode is coming ... - 1/8/2005 12:47:06 PM   
Tullius

A quote by David Winter:

quote:

... players now age and retire. Number of seasons played, and injuries are currently the only items that are taken into account for "retirements". Age effects the physical SA's of players (SPD, STR, etc...)

To begin a new season you'll be asked to do the following in the order of.

- Create New Season (schedule generated, players retire, new ones added to FA listing). Once you have started playing the season you can't add or remove teams.

- Complete league draft.

- Run Training Camp to hone player skills.

- Teams must be at league required roster sizes before playing a league game.

- Injured players are listed on the team roster, but not counted toward the active roster.

- Quick play games have no impact whatsoever on any of this and the only thing it checks for is the correct active roster size.

There are a couple of other things too but I'm in the process of working all that out.

A good chunk of this is already working and that's really all I have the time to do. I can't give any more details until the game is released as things are subject to change.
Post #: 1
RE: A basic career mode is coming ... - 1/8/2005 6:53:26 PM   
Guderon

This is fantastic news! My all-time favorite football game was FPS Football Pro '97, and this sounds like it will now be the first worthy succesor to that game. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who thought all of the 'quick-twitch' football "sims" that have come out since then were awful. Thanks for the news - I can hardly wait!!

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 2
RE: A basic career mode is coming ... - 1/8/2005 7:21:30 PM   
Steely Glint

Hurray! I think succcess may now be assured!

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to Guderon)
Post #: 3
RE: A basic career mode is coming ... - 1/8/2005 10:51:25 PM   
OrionX

good deal....

way to go David.

< Message edited by OrionX -- 1/8/2005 8:51:19 PM >

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 4
RE: A basic career mode is coming ... - 1/9/2005 1:30:09 AM   
mbMike

Great news!

(in reply to OrionX)
Post #: 5
RE: A basic career mode is coming ... - 1/10/2005 11:13:32 PM   
dwinston

Great news - when can we purchase?

(in reply to mbMike)
Post #: 6
RE: A basic career mode is coming ... - 1/12/2005 1:21:15 AM   
David Winter

Yes, these are some of things I've added. Players age and retire now. New players must be drafted at the start of every season, rosters must be set before games .etc.. There is a training camp system in place as well a very much improved draft profile system.

These changes have resulted in a big change to the manual.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 7
RE: A basic career mode is coming ... - 1/12/2005 11:59:52 PM   
Guderon

I really appreciate your participation in this forum, David. I can hardly wait for your game to come out. I had pretty much given up hope that anyone would ever make a good coaching style football sim again since the demise of the Front Page Sports Football Pro series many years ago. With the career additions you have planned, this now sounds like the game I've been waiting for. Some personal opinions - Graphics quality is *very* far down my list of important features in a football sim. As long as there's an overhead camera view so I can see how the plays develop and how the players execute their assignments, I'll be happy. A decent AI, the inclusion of a career mode and a robust playmaking utility which allows one to give each player individual assignments on both offensive and defensive plays is really all I require to be happy. Oh yeah, if at some point you decide to add an economic element to the game, (player salaries, caps, etc.) *please* make it optional. I *hate* dealing with that stuff even if it is more realistic. I like playing in leagues where the only way you lose players is through releasing them, trades, injury, or retirement - being forced to recalculate which players you can afford to keep every year and the whole contract negotiation thing is *not* fun for me.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 8
RE: A basic career mode is coming ... - 1/13/2005 1:03:42 AM   
David Winter

Salary negotiations are not something I'm going to be able to add for edition one. There just isn't the time. That said, I have enough stress finding room in the budget for projects at my day job.. I don't need to do it as a hobby either ;).. it would be optional.

(in reply to Guderon)
Post #: 9
RE: A basic career mode is coming ... - 1/19/2005 9:00:15 AM   
ravinhood

Same here Football Pro 97 was my last statistical football game for the computer I have. I'm anxiously awaiting this title myself. Are there any links to some screen shots though?

For baseball I'm using Out of the Park Baseball v6.0, there is a huge fanbase for this particular statistical game and online leagues forming every day.

I hope your game can be used to setup online leagues as well as solo play.

Now, all we need are a good computer basketball and hockey statistical simulator.

I never liked twitch sports games like Madden, I'm more the manager (strategic) coach type than trying to pass the ball or run the plays.

Oh and I like player salary arbitrations and having to work around the money caps to keep good players and try to still build a dynasty while losing them as well. That's part of real football and sports and should be in the game at some later date or version.

< Message edited by ravinhood -- 1/19/2005 2:02:47 AM >

Post #: 10
RE: A basic career mode is coming ... - 1/19/2005 7:31:45 PM   
David Winter

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Same here Football Pro 97 was my last statistical football game for the computer I have. I'm anxiously awaiting this title myself. Are there any links to some screen shots though?

Go to the games main site at www.maximum-football.com there are lots of screen shots there.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 11
RE: A basic career mode is coming ... - 1/20/2005 12:12:00 PM   
ravinhood

Maximum LACROSSE????

Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to laugh

Post #: 12
RE: A basic career mode is coming ... - 1/20/2005 10:27:06 PM   
David Winter

Maximum Lacrosse is something I've thought about doing for a longtime. As there are two major forms of the game it fits in with the Maximum-Sports style of mixing rules. And it is my county's official national sport (contrary to people thinking it's hockey)

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 13
RE: A basic career mode is coming ... - 1/21/2005 6:43:05 AM   
CFLColts

Maximum Lacrosse is something I would go for. Maximum basketball and Maximum Hockey could also fall under the same style. There are major differences in the International rules compared to the Professional rules. I mean it looks like that may be the only way we get to see hockey in the states.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 14
RE: A basic career mode is coming ... - 1/30/2005 5:57:48 PM   
GlennN

This is great news!! The successor to the FBPro series is finally here.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 15
RE: A basic career mode is coming ... - 4/5/2005 6:50:24 PM   
Marauders

Many of the members of the Maximum-Football forum had a drawn out discussion about career mode long ago where the feedback and poll showed career mode would be well used and would make the game much more attractive for many prospective purchasers. At that time, David did not agree, and he left career mode a project for a future release.

When Matrix Games became involved, the need for a career mode was immediately seen and is now being implemented.

(in reply to GlennN)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> A basic career mode is coming ... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI