Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Correct way to install new scenarios?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Correct way to install new scenarios? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Correct way to install new scenarios? - 2/9/2005 11:20:04 PM   
Trapper

Howdy all,
I have installed numerous new scenarios into SPWAW, but have encountered one that I can't seem to get to work. It's called Tiger 134 and it is numbered 286. Well as with past scenarios that have numbers the same as existing scenarios in the game I renamed the txt, dat, and cmt files 345 so as not to overwrite an existing scenario. My renamed files are as follows: Spscn345.cmt, Spscn345, and spscn345. The last two corresponding with the respective dat and txt file for each. What I noticed that with the above spscn prefix the scenario does not even show up in the games scenario list at position 345. I also noticed that none of the other scenarios use the spscn label. Shouldn't the prefix be scen like all the other scenarios or am I missing something? Anyway if someone would be so kind as to show me what the proper renaming should look like I would greatly appreciate it! Thnx a bunch.
Post #: 1
RE: Correct way to install new scenarios? - 2/10/2005 2:28:08 AM   
chief

Trapper:

Where did you download that scene from ????????

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Trapper)
Post #: 2
RE: Correct way to install new scenarios? - 2/10/2005 5:07:36 AM   
Trapper

HI Chief,
I used the scenarios link at the SPWAW site. It goes to the GamersDepot site.
At first I thought I downloaded a scenario for another game, but the Tiger 134 scenario is labeled for SPWAW. Thnx for the help.

(in reply to Trapper)
Post #: 3
RE: Correct way to install new scenarios? - 2/10/2005 7:46:43 AM   
chief

Trapper:

Was that download a Wild Bill Wilder setup of multiple scenarios.

< Message edited by chief -- 2/10/2005 12:47:11 AM >

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Trapper)
Post #: 4
RE: Correct way to install new scenarios? - 2/10/2005 1:48:59 PM   
Warrior2

The correct forms are scen.xxx, dat.xxx, cmt.xxx, and rec.xxx.

(in reply to chief)
Post #: 5
RE: Correct way to install new scenarios? - 2/10/2005 5:20:57 PM   
Trapper

Thnx guys,
I've never seen a spscn prefix before. They have all been scen.... Anyway I will rename the files scen345.cmt, scen345.txt, and scen345.dat and see what happens. There is no .rec file with this scenario. Warrior, is there suppose to be a period before the scenario number or after the number? Also when you renumber the txt and dat file do you type in the whole name ie scen345.txt, scen345.dat or can you leave the .txt and .dat out? I'm still wondering why the author of the scenario used spscn instead of scen to begin with!
Have a great day!

(in reply to Trapper)
Post #: 6
RE: Correct way to install new scenarios? - 2/10/2005 6:01:35 PM   
M4Jess

go here

http://www.spwaw.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3411

Im making war, not trouble~

(in reply to Trapper)
Post #: 7
RE: Correct way to install new scenarios? - 2/10/2005 6:41:13 PM   
Trapper

Thnx Jess,
The procedure in the link is basicly what I do. It's just that I've never seen SPWAW scenario files labeled with the spscn prefix before. They have all been scen.

(in reply to Trapper)
Post #: 8
RE: Correct way to install new scenarios? - 2/11/2005 3:22:22 AM   
Orzel Bialy

Did Wulfir make a SPWAW version of Tiger 134? The one I recall seeing at the GameDepot was for SPWW2.

(in reply to Trapper)
Post #: 9
RE: Correct way to install new scenarios? - 2/14/2005 4:47:57 PM   
RockinHarry

Spscn* prefix is used by Camo Groups SP2WW2 for its scenarios! Ya know, both games are completely incompatible when it comes to scenario files and OOB, although Terrain icon files can be used in both,...at least partly (just rename files...).

Something that is overlooked nowadays is that scenario/campaign makers have the option to pack their stuff in Mod Swapper format! IE you can set up your mod swapper package in a way that your new scenario is installed in senario slot1, without regard to what is located there at the moment, as Mod Swapper deals with backupping of files automatically! Also very useful if you combine your scenario with a particular mod (what I do oftentimes).

Personally I have different scenario folders sorted by topics (IE Scen_Own, Scen_Original, Scen_downloaded, ect.) and rename them accordingly to what I want to play or load at a time before I launch the game. It´s less labourous than finding free scenario slots and renaming 2-4 files each time you have downloaded a new scenario.

You can also use Ectizens Scenario Wrangler for managing scenarios and it works well after you´re getting used to it.

Note: You don´t need to add the *.rec file normally! It will be filled up with "replay" data once the game is started and is created on the fly. Only exception I can think of is that you use a renamed save game as your scenario and have particular "replay" stuff added to the scen as integral part of it. That replay data might be a prolonged bombaredment from the previous turn, or a lengthy air landing ect. I´ve not seen anything like that used by a scenario/campaign maker and also didn´t use something like that yet myself.

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Orzel Bialy)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Correct way to install new scenarios? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI