Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BUG: German tank company HQs use wrong siluette

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support >> BUG: German tank company HQs use wrong siluette Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BUG: German tank company HQs use wrong siluette - 2/20/2005 8:07:06 PM   
CoffeeMug

Hi guys,

in the Soviet punch scenario I just realized that the German tank company HQs use wrong siluette. I am always using NATO symbols so I did not realize this error before.

The tank company HQs use the siluette of a M113, but the inspector shows that the unit is made up of 1 Leopard II tank, which is historically correct. So it's just the siluette which is wrong.

Cheers,

CM

Post #: 1
RE: BUG: German tank company HQs use wrong siluette - 2/20/2005 11:38:55 PM   
CapnDarwin

CM,

All HQ units for NATO use the 113, just like WP forces use a BTR image. From what I've heard one of the next releases will allow for custom unit pics. This should fix the issue your are talking about.

S!

Cap'n D

(in reply to CoffeeMug)
Post #: 2
RE: BUG: German tank company HQs use wrong siluette - 2/21/2005 9:06:11 AM   
CoffeeMug

Thanks! That's good news.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: BUG: German tank company HQs use wrong siluette - 2/21/2005 9:46:32 PM   
IronManBeta

Yes, currently there is just one generic icon for each general class of unit e.g. all NATO tanks have the same icon. This was done deliberately so that recognition would be instant in short order. We are trying to give the newcomers to our great hobby a bit of a break here and having 178 different vehicle profiles is a bit overwhelming.

With version 1.02 of the game you will be able to switch back and forth between the existing set (default) and a new image file with (yikes) 178 individual profiles. How you want to present a mixed unit with say 3 different vehicle types in a space of 25 x 15 pixels is up to you. I'm not sure yet if we will try to supply any more of these additional icons or just let interested third parties supply them and share them around. I'm leaning towards the latter myself.

Cheers, Rob.

(in reply to CoffeeMug)
Post #: 4
RE: BUG: German tank company HQs use wrong siluette - 2/22/2005 10:11:20 AM   
CoffeeMug

quote:

ORIGINAL: RobertCrandall

Yes, currently there is just one generic icon for each general class of unit e.g. all NATO tanks have the same icon. This was done deliberately so that recognition would be instant in short order. We are trying to give the newcomers to our great hobby a bit of a break here and having 178 different vehicle profiles is a bit overwhelming.

Hmm, I am nor sure what you mean or if you did not understand me. To have one tank siluette for all NATO tank units is perfectly ok for me. I don't need siluettes for all M1 variants. :)

What occured to me, is that a TANK COMPANY HQ is depicted as a M113, which could confound the new guys, because the vehicle of a Co. HQ is a MBT not an APC.

IDEA: To designate a TANK or MechInf Co. HQ you could just add a small pennant to the siluette.

Cheers,

CM

(in reply to IronManBeta)
Post #: 5
RE: BUG: German tank company HQs use wrong siluette - 2/23/2005 4:08:11 AM   
IronManBeta

Darn good idea!

Rob

(in reply to CoffeeMug)
Post #: 6
RE: BUG: German tank company HQs use wrong siluette - 2/23/2005 6:00:40 AM   
CapnDarwin

When I did my unit ID work I added and asterick (*) to the end of the name. That way a T-72* was an HQ and a T-72 was a subordinate unit. Little flaggy thing could be done too. I'll have to take a look. Not an overwhelming amount of pixels on the counters (40X25).

S!

Cap'n D

(in reply to CoffeeMug)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support >> BUG: German tank company HQs use wrong siluette Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI