Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Intrest in a Team Game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Intrest in a Team Game? Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/26/2005 10:39:33 PM   
SoulBlazer

I'm interested in getting into a team game, but since there does not seem to be one open I thought I would start a new thread. :)

We'd need someone to organize the thing and be the 'leader' also -- I'm too inexperienced of a WITP gamer to do it despite my Matrix rank.

Please post here if you are interested in joining up.

The US Navy could probaly win a war without coffee, but would prefer not to try -- Samuel Morison
Post #: 1
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/26/2005 10:59:32 PM   
Nomad

Sign me up as interested, either side, just let me know.

(in reply to SoulBlazer)
Post #: 2
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/27/2005 2:48:22 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Ditto that. Sign me up...me scenario 2 opponent seams to be having comp problems again.

I'd like to be on an Allied team.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 3
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/27/2005 4:17:27 PM   
Tom Hunter

I'm interested in a team game as well. I have a preference for allied since I have never played Japan but I might be convinced to give Japan a try if the other Japanese player was experienced.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 4
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/27/2005 5:21:05 PM   
eMonticello

How will you split the teams? Will it be split between theaters or a historical split between Army and Navy (IJA/IJN and MacArthur/Nimitz)? It would be interesting to create a historical split with two role-playing players representing Tojo and Roosevelt who would decide how the resources would be allocated based on the player's proposals for the future operations. (note that everyone would have plenty to do. Tojo would control the Japanese War Economy and Home Defense while Roosevelt would control the forces in India, China, and all restricted commands) Of course, I'm not sure how to define a "win" for each player, though.

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example. -- Pudd'nhead Wilson

(in reply to SoulBlazer)
Post #: 5
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/27/2005 6:27:19 PM   
Nomad

Who cares about scoring? Just the playing is enough.

I like you idea of having a tojo/roosevelt(winnie and peanut included).

(in reply to eMonticello)
Post #: 6
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/27/2005 6:53:39 PM   
Cap Mandrake

If you include Rosevelt's dog, then the Allies would task a destoyer to carry the little pooch around (which did happen)

Please lets leave out Eleanore If one player wants to handle repairing ships, training LCU's and air groups and shipping oil and supplies to the SW Pacific and Pearl that sounds good to me . Seems like a thankless job, but perhaps there could be satisfaction in handing out PP's, perhaps also controlling Alaska and Canada

PS.....I would be available to send a turn along ususally 7days a week 7:30-9:30 (GMT-8)...that is unless the warden calls a lockdown and I cant get to the recreation area to use the computer.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 7
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/27/2005 8:57:09 PM   
Gem35

warden = wife i assume...

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

Post #: 8
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/27/2005 9:37:22 PM   
SoulBlazer

First of all, thanks for everyone who responded. I'll take charge of this for right now, but if anyone else wants to set this up, please do so. :)

Right now, the players who I have confirmed are:
SoulBlazer (either side)
Nomad (either side)
Cap Mandrake (Allies)
Tom Hunter (Allies)

eMonticello, did you want to play also?

Dividing up the players and teams and areas --

I looked at how the other team game has their areas set up and also looked at the game itself, and I'd like to propose the following:

The Japanese side will have three players, the Allies three. Note that we could also have the Allies have a forth player due to how much more there is to do for the Allies as opposed to the Japanese, but we can talk about this later.

Allies:
Player One: North and Central Pacific, Hawaii, Midway, North American coast, Alaskan Islands, That island north of Japan (:) ), all islands in the Centeal Pacific including Iwo Jima and Okianawa.
Player Two: Australia, New Zealand, New Guinea (entire island), Solomons, South Pacific, Philipines (AFTER the island is captured by the Japanese)
Player Three: CBI Therarte (China, Burma, India), Indochina (including Malyasia and Singapore), Philipines (at start of game), all of Dutch West Indies, Japan itself.

It's not perfect, but this setup has Player One roughly playing as Nimitz, Player Two roughly playing as McArthur, and Player Three in command of ABDA at the start of the game and also in command of British and Chinese forces. Should be planey of stuff to keep everyone busy.

As I said above, I think we could also easily add a forth Allied player by splitting the CBI and Malasia areas from the Philipines and Duth West Indies, but let's just see how many players want to play. ;)

Japanese:
I would prpose ALMOST the EXACT same divisions we have for the Allies, with the major excpetion being the Phillipines. Player Two would be in command of the islands all through the game.

This way, each Japanese player has enough to do at the start of the game without being overhwlemed.

What do you guys think? Thoughts, suggestions, ideas? You can also start claiming theratres that you would like to command if it works for you. Please give me a first choice and a second choice.

The US Navy could probaly win a war without coffee, but would prefer not to try -- Samuel Morison

(in reply to SoulBlazer)
Post #: 9
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/27/2005 10:33:37 PM   
Roger Neilson

Best wishes guys, our team game is just about to begin. maybe a swapping of experiences as we go along via this forum would be helpful and an aid to others who fancy trying this method?

I can keep updating our situation as WITP2005 team.

Roger

(in reply to SoulBlazer)
Post #: 10
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/28/2005 1:51:20 AM   
eMonticello

Unfortunately, I won't have any free time until late April. I have a 20+ page history paper that I need to research and write in addition to my regular consulting job. Joining in the discussions on the board has even replaced game play

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoulBlazer
eMonticello, did you want to play also?

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example. -- Pudd'nhead Wilson

(in reply to SoulBlazer)
Post #: 11
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/28/2005 4:35:48 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gem35

warden = wife i assume...

Away message Cap Mandrake: "I am unable to answer right now as I am brewing up a big batch of raisin jack"

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 12
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/28/2005 5:19:21 AM   
SoulBlazer

Still looking for some feedback and two more players. :)

(in reply to SoulBlazer)
Post #: 13
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/28/2005 6:04:28 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoulBlazer

Still looking for some feedback and two more players. :)

Soul;

In regard to Allied division..perhaps division by controlling HQ attachments would be easier (and more historical). Im looking into the Allied OOB for senario 15 right now. Ill get back to you

(in reply to SoulBlazer)
Post #: 14
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/28/2005 6:24:45 AM   
Cap Mandrake

I like your idea about ABDA, SE Asia, China as one (lotta work though)

perhaps Australia, NZ command, USAFEE, SW Pac and South Pac as another

and lastly, Central Pac, West Coast, Alaska and Canada as another

The West Coast player would be responsible for shipping troops and oil to the South Pacific and Australia as well as training up air units stateside, cleaning up the likely mess at Pearl, getting ships to the West Coast for repair and upgrade etc. And, of course, somebody has to decide what to do with the US carriers..other than not getting them into a battle too early

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 2/28/2005 4:38:12 AM >

Post #: 15
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/28/2005 6:29:23 AM   
mike charley 7

If you guys need another player or a fill in for sombody, then give me shout i haveant played ijn at all so if possible i would like to be allies...

i can maintain the long haul 37 year old dis vet. sittin in NJ

mark

Post #: 16
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/28/2005 7:28:02 AM   
scott64

I would like to join. Allies if one is open

(in reply to mike charley 7)
Post #: 17
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/28/2005 5:04:54 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Soul;

FYI

Time Zone: GMT-8
Language: English

It would be nice to pass files East to West, but this would also depend on the player's schedules. In general, I would have time to look at the turn from 6:30 to 7:30 AM GMT-8 and 20:30 to 21:30 GMT-8 (more on the wekends usually). I would be more than willing to designate another teamate to move for me if things come up.

Any volunteers for nominal Allied CIC (perhaps a player with some experience and a reliable schedule and an iron fist ) My experience with other multiplayer PBEM games is someone needs to be in charge to nudge the process along.

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 18
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/28/2005 5:54:45 PM   
mike charley 7

okay, lets put this thing together

(in reply to SoulBlazer)
Post #: 19
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/28/2005 8:16:17 PM   
Nomad

Who besides Soulblazer and myself are playing Japan? I would like to have three Japan players.

I think each side should set up there areas like they want to. Might be more fun that just a straight 1 on 1 three times.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 2/28/2005 11:17:24 AM >

(in reply to mike charley 7)
Post #: 20
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/28/2005 11:00:45 PM   
SoulBlazer

Hey Cap, I thought your nickname sounded farmilar -- did'nt we used to talk in the UV forum?

Roger, I am indeed interested in sharing notes with you. :)

Okay, here is who I have down for what:

SoulBlazer (Japanese)
Nomad (Japanese)
Cap Mandrake (Allies)
Tom Hunter (Allies)

Mike Charley 7 and Scott1964 also said they want to play, but we need ONE of you guys to take the Japanese. :) If you two can work that out, then we have our six players. I'd like to find a backup or two, however, in case something happens.

Cap, how would you like to be in charge of the Allied team? I'll run the Japanese team. :)

I also need to hear from everyone as to what forces that you want to control for your side (first and second choices, please) and what time zone that you are in.

Following Cap's suggestion, we'll go from east to west. The Japanese team will start. The first player will enter his orders, and then save the game file into slot 10 (should'nt be used by anyone). DO NOT END THE TURN! Just save the game and send the file to the next Japanese player in line. He enters his orders and then passes on to the third. The third player will then end and save the turn and pass to the first Allied player, and so on. Communication will be needed in daily e-mails to make sure you guys support each other.

I'd like to have at least one turn done a day -- as long as you can enter one turn a day for you, I think that will keep the game pace going.

The last big thing we need to settle is how the forces are going to be divided up.

Following Nomad's suggestion, I have no problem with the three Allied players dividing up the map as they wish.

For us Japanese players, I propose the division I suggested in a eariler thread. Nomad, what do you think of that?

Okay, this is coming along well. :)

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 21
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 2/28/2005 11:44:55 PM   
scott64

I have never tried the IJN, but I will give it a try.

(in reply to SoulBlazer)
Post #: 22
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 3/1/2005 12:11:25 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Soul;

The one turn per day is admirable, but may be unsustainable. Do you really mean one full turn with turn execution per day or each side taking about one day to turn around a turn. That might work if one team were in Europe and the other here, o/w, given the sequential nature of the file sharing and the unfortunate biological requirement for sleep, it might be a challenge.

As a time saver, I suggest the person executing the turn resolution (last Allied player) email the combat replay and turn file to all members of both teams immediately. They wouldn't be able to enter their turn yet, but could review the replay at their convenience, jot down a note or two, easing the time required to enter their turn.

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 23
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 3/1/2005 2:55:57 AM   
Nomad

A couple of things here. I have a PBEM game in slot 10 right now, could we use 20 instead?

I am in the US, Mountain Time zone.

The Japanese captain will be the one to execute the turn. It would be nice if he could email the combat res to everyone. Cap Mandrake, the turn file will be unusable to the Allies until the last Japanese player ends the turn.

Soulblazer, set us up as you choose, just let me know. email is kdamon(at)wyellowstone_dot_com

Post #: 24
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 3/1/2005 3:32:35 AM   
SoulBlazer

Cap, I agree with your thoughts and ideas. Sounds good to me. :)

scott1964, you're entered as the third Japanese player.

scott1964 and Nomad, if you check my thread where I suggested Allied division of forces, I also put in there how to do the Japanese forces. Please suggest if you want changes made. If it looks allright to you, please list what area you want -- Central and North Pacific; South Pacific; West Pacific roughly. And please rank your three choices so I can divide them fairly.

Slot 20 is fine for the game save.

Are we all in agreement to do Sec 15, the Grand Game? ;)

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 25
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 3/1/2005 4:27:38 AM   
scott64

I am in Mountain Time Zone also

(in reply to SoulBlazer)
Post #: 26
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 3/1/2005 7:14:43 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Nomad;

Yes...you are right. The first Japanese player to open the turn will execute the resolution. He can forward the combat save to the Allies (I believe they can still review it..just wont be able to enter orders, but still might be able to consider options). He can concurrently send the combat save and blank turn to his teamates...they of course cant save their moves unitl they get the partially done save file from their teammate.

Of course, this is all very confusing..and people might end up overwriting their files..perhaps it isnt worth the confusion

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 27
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 3/1/2005 8:19:47 PM   
SoulBlazer

If the player is entering turns for a major battle and feels the need to send the turn to his teammates to look at, I see no problem with that. I just suggest you mark a second slot to keep open for the backups and copies only.

Cap, do you want to take charge of the Allied side? Since I'm playing on the Japanese side, we need someone to take chare of the Allied forces and decide on final division of forces.

I need every player to give me a e-mail addy, what time zone that you are in, and if you are playing the Japanese side, your first and second choice for combat zones. I'd like to pull this together by Thursday.

Also, two players have e-mailed me and indicated a desire to be a backup player. I will have them sent the turns as well so they can keep informed. I'd like those players, if they are reading this, to please post the same information.

Post #: 28
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 3/1/2005 8:27:15 PM   
Nomad

As Japan player 2 or player 1.

Mountain time zone.

kdamon(at)wyellowstone._dot_com

(in reply to SoulBlazer)
Post #: 29
RE: Intrest in a Team Game? - 3/1/2005 8:47:56 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Soul;

Sure..I can take that administrative role to get things going for the Allies. I have already Emailed or PM'ed the two players identified for the Allies.

Mike Charley and Tom Hunter please report for duty in this thread. If you arent here please raise your hand.

We need to have an private assignment/logistical/strategic planning pow wow. Of course, if you want to post disinformation here for the Japanese team and pretend it was a mistake...that is fine.

My Email mbennettmd@cox.net...please dont use the email button in the Matrix forum..it is a hotmail thing I never use anymore.
Time Zone: PST
bench press: 350 lbs
40 time: 4.3 sec

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Intrest in a Team Game? Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI