Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitP Utility - update available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitP Utility - update available Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/22/2005 7:02:37 PM   
BRZ

Bodhi,

I'm getting this error:

"Error starting the application! System.Drawing Font 'Arial' doesn't support style 'Regular'"

Can you help me?

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 31
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/22/2005 7:53:54 PM   
11Bravo

Bodhi,

Options tab, large scroll change (hexes). My choices are .1, .2, 1, or 2.

I recommend multiplying your numbers by 10, as the map hardly budges.

Great job!

Squatting in the bush and marking it on a map.

(in reply to BRZ)
Post #: 32
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/22/2005 8:57:19 PM   
medicff

Thanks much for you effort, very nice.

'We're in business'

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 33
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/23/2005 2:03:52 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: trump

Bodhi i just installed dot net 2.0 and installer still ask me to install ver 1.1
Is this nor down compartable?

.NET 2.0 is a beta, I don't have it and I'm not intending to install it.
The simple solution is to download and install .NET Framework 1.1 (you can have multiple versions without problems).
Another possible solution is to modify a registry key to force ALL .NET based programs to use the latest version. I haven't tried this, but if you want to, the details are in the attachment.

Attachment (1)

Bodhi

(in reply to trump)
Post #: 34
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/23/2005 2:08:15 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: 11Bravo

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

My laptop (W2000) loaded ok, but got the following error message trying to execute ....
"Error starting the application. System.Drawing Font 'Arial' doesn't support style 'Regular'.

I had the same problem and was able to fix it. The problem was corrupt Arial font files. I used the Tweak UI utility from Microsoft to repair the fonts, but I've heard that renaming the files and rebooting can regenerate the correct font files as well (I didn't try that though).

http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp

Bravo Bravo11,

Thanks for that.

Bodhi

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 35
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/23/2005 2:09:07 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: BRZ

Bodhi,

I'm getting this error:

"Error starting the application! System.Drawing Font 'Arial' doesn't support style 'Regular'"

Can you help me?

See Bravo11's post above.

Bodhi

(in reply to BRZ)
Post #: 36
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/23/2005 2:17:33 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: 11Bravo

Bodhi,

Options tab, large scroll change (hexes). My choices are .1, .2, 1, or 2.

I recommend multiplying your numbers by 10, as the map hardly budges.

Great job!

Working as designed. Also designed to use the jump map, or grabbing the scrollbar, for large jumps in location. The large scroll change value is only used when left-clicking within the scrollbar itself. (However, I'll add a few options larger than 2 as well )

Bodhi

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 37
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/23/2005 3:05:39 AM   
Bodhi

Font Problems?

I wonder if everyone having font problems is running XP SP2? It seems that SP2 may have replaced the Arial font. I don't know if the font file is actually corrupted or hasn't been installed correctly for .NET. However, as I don't have XP I can't do any checking.

It may be possible to just copy your existing Arial fonts to another directory, remove the existing font files (use the delete option in explorer or fonts folder of control panel - after making sure no running program is using them) and re-install by one of the three methods below.

(1). Browse to C:\Windows\Fonts
a). Click File/Install new fonts
b). In the lower left window browse to where you copied the fonts, click "Select all" and click OK

(2). Click Start/Settings/Control Panel, find and double click the fonts folder
a). Click File/Install new fonts
b). In the lower left window browse to where you copied the fonts, click "Select all" and click OK

(3). Drag them one at a time from the folder where you copied them to C:\Windows\Fonts folder and windows will automatically install them properly. You can then delete the copies of the fonts

The Arial font files used are:
Arial.ttf
Arialbd.ttf
Arialbi.ttf
Ariali.ttf

I tried this on my system without a problem, but as I don't have the error I don't know if this fixes the problem. I'd be very grateful if someone with the error could try this and let me know the result. If this doesn't fix the problem, then you probably need new font files. Thanks.

Bodhi

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 38
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/23/2005 3:30:48 AM   
CobraAus

service pac 2 breaks everything

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 39
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/23/2005 3:39:17 AM   
Herrbear

Just to let you know I am not having any problem with it running XP Pro SP2

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 40
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/23/2005 4:24:30 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Herrbear

Just to let you know I am not having any problem with it running XP Pro SP2

Thanks for the heads up.

There's something strange going on, as I've found a couple of other .NET-based programs that have the same problem. I doubt that the font supplied with SP2 is corrupt, but there may be some problem with it's registration for use by the .NET framework. If this is the case, it may, or may not, be related to the installation of SP2. I couldn't find any info on the MS site, so I guess it's not a widespread problem. The removal/reinstallation of the Arial fonts as described above has worked for one user of another program, just wondered if it works for anyone here with the problem. Obviously Bravo11's TweakUI also seems to fix the problem, but the method outlined above can be tried without the need to download anything. Unless I hear otherwise, I think I'll just assume removing/reinstalling the font fixes the problem.

Bodhi

(in reply to Herrbear)
Post #: 41
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/23/2005 6:43:43 AM   
scout1

Bodhi,

Deleted and re-installed the arial fonts and life is grand
Everything appears to be behaving normally on my laptops running W2000 now.

For the record, my XP system has SP2 and it worked from the get go.....

Go figure.

Thanks for the help

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 42
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/23/2005 6:58:03 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

Bodhi,

Deleted and re-installed the arial fonts and life is grand
Everything appears to be behaving normally on my laptops running W2000 now.

For the record, my XP system has SP2 and it worked from the get go.....

Go figure.

Thanks for the help

Good news. Hopefully that fix will work for anyone else having the font problem.

Bodhi

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 43
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/23/2005 9:29:44 AM   
Crimguy

There is currently no way to access the actual game saves, or use the combat reports? It would be nice to see the visible units as well as the data you currently have . . .

While I'm creating my own WiTP Utility Wish List(tm), I'd like to see:
1) The ability to navigate the map using the middle-click+mouse movement, a la Internet Explorer.
2) Network support, to allow me to run the WiTP Utility on another machine while simultaneously playing on my regular computer,
3) Turn it into a java app, or compile it for linux/Max OSX, because I don't have another Windows machine, but do have an iBook and a server running debian, and therefore wouldn't be able to take advantage of #2, supra, without you also doing #3

OK maybe I should just pay you . . .

P.S. the ability to save the options (I really don't pay much attention to the malaria/cold zones).

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 44
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/23/2005 10:44:47 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crimguy

There is currently no way to access the actual game saves, or use the combat reports? It would be nice to see the visible units as well as the data you currently have . . .

Combat reports can be used. As I think I've mentioned before, the way I'd like to use them is a bit more involved than just displaying them on the map and in listings (as is done with the intel/ops). It's something that will get looked at in a future update.

Game saves are encrypted and the data is not available for viewing.

While I'm creating my own WiTP Utility Wish List(tm), I'd like to see:
1) The ability to navigate the map using the middle-click+mouse movement, a la Internet Explorer.
Good idea.

2) Network support, to allow me to run the WiTP Utility on another machine while simultaneously playing on my regular computer,
With one small change to the current version, you'll be able to do this for Windows machines that have network sharing enabled. (Although the autodetection of turn resolution may not work, or may only work for WinXP based machines.)

3) Turn it into a java app, or compile it for linux/Max OSX, because I don't have another Windows machine, but do have an iBook and a server running debian, and therefore wouldn't be able to take advantage of #2, supra, without you also doing #3
You're correct, you would have to pay me to get this.

OK maybe I should just pay you . . .

P.S. the ability to save the options (I really don't pay much attention to the malaria/cold zones).
Good idea, some options are saved, this will be added.

Bodhi

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 45
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/24/2005 12:40:06 PM   
Bodhi

Update available.

WitP Utility update 24/02/2005

• Fixed the "Process performance counter is disabled" start up error observed on some systems.
  • Utility now correctly handles operation reports of the form:
    NAMED A/C sighting report: NUM Allied/Japanese ships at XXX,YYY , Speed Z , Moving DIRECTION
  • Setting of malaria zone On/Off now configurable for start up. Also the current setting when utility closes is remembered.
    (Setting of malaria zone used for both malaria nd cold zones)
  • Extra, larger jumps available for the map scroll bars
  • Added the value of daily supplies produced in combination with resources (WITP Manual 13.2.1) to the value of supplies produced daily for a hex.
    (This is result in the supply icon and increased daily supply figure for all resource producing bases)

Bodhi

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 46
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/24/2005 10:49:57 PM   
Knavey

Bohdi,

Do you have a writeup for a help file or link to show all the features and how to use them?

x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
"Going slow in the fast direction"

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 47
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/24/2005 11:17:18 PM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Knavey

Bohdi,

Do you have a writeup for a help file or link to show all the features and how to use them?

Just started to write it. I'll post when it's done.

Bodhi

(in reply to Knavey)
Post #: 48
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/25/2005 1:40:09 PM   
Bodhi

Minor update 25/02/2005

• Added a quick reference manual that explains all the options.
  • Added the daily output of oil/6 to the daily fuel output for bases (1 fuel point is produced for every 6 oil points)
  • Corrected incorrect label on Ops Reports Tab (read All Intel Reports instead of All Ops Reports)

The manual only is also available here.

Bodhi

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 49
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/26/2005 8:58:46 PM   
CobraAus

dont know if this is possible in scope of program
but would if be possible to add a compass in relation to map orintation to help plot sightings

Cobra Aus

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 50
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/26/2005 9:20:24 PM   
Skyros

Looks good Bodhi, except you just gave my wife another reason to hate WITP

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 51
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/26/2005 10:45:11 PM   
medicff

Hi Bodhi

Just a question of utility intentions. I have using again with manual updates - awesome. However, I discovered a problem when I noticed the spotted CV didn't show up in the report. Are all sightings report in the report? I checked the appended list and it shows 20 sightings for a date, look in the report and only 6 are listed. Is it by detection level or does it miss some of the sightings?

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 52
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/27/2005 12:21:20 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: medicff

Hi Bodhi

Just a question of utility intentions. I have using again with manual updates - awesome. However, I discovered a problem when I noticed the spotted CV didn't show up in the report. Are all sightings report in the report? I checked the appended list and it shows 20 sightings for a date, look in the report and only 6 are listed. Is it by detection level or does it miss some of the sightings?

All sightings should be in the report, unless you've filtered some types out of course. If the utility parser chokes on any line, it'll dump that line out to a MissedIntel.txt or a MissedOperationReports.txt file in the utility directory. Look in there and if you see any lines you think should be included, send the file to me and I'll see why it's being missed.

Bodhi

(in reply to medicff)
Post #: 53
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/27/2005 12:24:24 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: CobraAus

dont know if this is possible in scope of program
but would if be possible to add a compass in relation to map orintation to help plot sightings

Cobra Aus

One thing I did consider was drawing sighting reports that have the direction listed as arrowed lines. Would that help, or did you have something else in mind?

Bodhi

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 54
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/27/2005 12:29:01 AM   
medicff

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bodhi

quote:

Hi Bodhi

All sightings should be in the report, unless you've filtered some types out of course. If the utility parser chokes on any line, it'll dump that line out to a MissedIntel.txt or a MissedOperationReports.txt file in the utility directory. Look in there and if you see any lines you think should be included, send the file to me and I'll see why it's being missed.

I have none filtered out and in the missedoperationsreport these types of sightings are not reported (correct side as playing allies)

Catalina I sighting report: 6 Japanese ships at 39,67 , Speed 3 , Moving West
Do 24K-2 sighting report: 6 Japanese ships at 32,57 , Speed 8 , Moving Southeast
Do 24K-2 sighting report: 1 Japanese ship at 38,59 , Speed 7 , Moving Northwest
Do 24K-2 sighting report: 3 Japanese ships at 32,57 , Speed 8 , Moving Southeast
Do 24K-2 sighting report: 9 Japanese ships at 38,59 , Speed 5 , Moving Southwest
T.IVa sighting report: 9 Japanese ships at 32,75 , Speed 17 , Moving Northwest
Do 24K-2 sighting report: 6 Japanese ships at 39,67 , Speed 8 , Moving West
Do 24K-2 sighting report: 3 Japanese ships at 39,67 , Speed 6 , Moving West
Catalina I sighting report: 1 Japanese ship at 29,26 , Speed 3 , Moving Northwest

Apparently all the non patrol sightings ie coastwatchers
(sighting report: 1 japanese ship at ....) are included
specific ship patrol sightings are included.
TF sightings of non specific ships ie the above ones in the missed operations are not included.

Allied side

< Message edited by medicff -- 2/26/2005 10:29:47 PM >

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 55
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/27/2005 12:58:01 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

I have none filtered out and in the missedoperationsreport these types of sightings are not reported (correct side as playing allies)

Catalina I sighting report: 6 Japanese ships at 39,67 , Speed 3 , Moving West
Do 24K-2 sighting report: 6 Japanese ships at 32,57 , Speed 8 , Moving Southeast
Do 24K-2 sighting report: 1 Japanese ship at 38,59 , Speed 7 , Moving Northwest
Do 24K-2 sighting report: 3 Japanese ships at 32,57 , Speed 8 , Moving Southeast
Do 24K-2 sighting report: 9 Japanese ships at 38,59 , Speed 5 , Moving Southwest
T.IVa sighting report: 9 Japanese ships at 32,75 , Speed 17 , Moving Northwest
Do 24K-2 sighting report: 6 Japanese ships at 39,67 , Speed 8 , Moving West
Do 24K-2 sighting report: 3 Japanese ships at 39,67 , Speed 6 , Moving West
Catalina I sighting report: 1 Japanese ship at 29,26 , Speed 3 , Moving Northwest

Apparently all the non patrol sightings ie coastwatchers
(sighting report: 1 japanese ship at ....) are included
specific ship patrol sightings are included.
TF sightings of non specific ships ie the above ones in the missed operations are not included.

Allied side

Yep, looks like you're using a slightly old version.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bodhi

Update available.

WitP Utility update 24/02/2005

• Fixed the "Process performance counter is disabled" start up error observed on some systems.
  • Utility now correctly handles operation reports of the form:
    NAMED A/C sighting report: NUM Allied/Japanese ships at XXX,YYY , Speed Z , Moving DIRECTION

• Setting of malaria zone On/Off now configurable for start up. Also the current setting when utility closes is remembered.
    (Setting of malaria zone used for both malaria nd cold zones)
  • Extra, larger jumps available for the map scroll bars
  • Added the value of daily supplies produced in combination with resources (WITP Manual 13.2.1) to the value of supplies produced daily for a hex.
    (This is result in the supply icon and increased daily supply figure for all resource producing bases)

Bodhi

(in reply to medicff)
Post #: 56
RE: WitP Utility - update available (25/02/2005) - 2/27/2005 1:29:37 AM   
Ol_Dog

I get a message to use .NET when I try to set-up.

Is that required?

Common Sense is an uncommon virtue.
If you think you have everything under control, you don't fully understand the situation.

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 57
RE: WitP Utility - update available (25/02/2005) - 2/27/2005 1:36:53 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ol_Dog

I get a message to use .NET when I try to set-up.

Is that required?

Yes.

##### INSTALLATION #####

>>>Required programs<<<

War in the Pacific - available only from the Matrix games web site
http://www.matrixgames.com

Net Framework 1.1
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&DisplayLang=en

Windows Installer 95/98/Me
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cebbacd8-c094-4255-b702-de3bb768148f&DisplayLang=en

Windows Installer NT4/2000
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4b6140f9-2d36-4977-8fa1-6f8a0f5dca8f&DisplayLang=en

[The program requires both the Microsoft Windows Installer and the Microsoft Net Framework 1.1. The set up program will check that you have both and stop with a message if either is not found.]

Bodhi

(in reply to Ol_Dog)
Post #: 58
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/27/2005 1:52:43 AM   
CobraAus

quote:

or did you have something else in mind?

I am trying to find out the maps Nth Sth orintaion at the moment . wath I was thinking of was a compass rose portraded in the utilities graphics somewhere) when in full screen there is a large vacant panel top right would be Ideal) orintated to the maps nth/south
from that players sould be able to plot intercepts based on TF sightings or radio transmissions - unfortunatly I do not now what your programs capable of - I am Also looking at the possiblity of incorporating compass headings on the actual maps

Cobra Aus

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 59
RE: WitP Utility - update available - 2/27/2005 2:00:32 AM   
medicff

Thanks downloaded, but didn't read the entire changes as I thought it was just the manual. Thanks Pat

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitP Utility - update available Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI