Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake/publish?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake/publish? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/3/2005 2:09:32 AM   
Lonewolfpj

I would love to see Task Force 1942
I would also like to see a remake of the Great Navel Battles series

DISCLAIMER: Poster makes no guarantee that the above expressed information is accurate, complete, current, funny, new, spelled correctly, or grammatically correct.

(in reply to Kung Karl)
Post #: 121
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/3/2005 2:54:20 AM   
Zap

quote:

would pay GOOD MONEY for another harpoon game

So what is good money to you mean Jjax? Since you have stated in other threads you don't want to pay the going price for WitP. I believe you would not be willing to pay the price asked for Harpoon, either.

< Message edited by Zap -- 3/3/2005 12:55:18 AM >

(in reply to jjax)
Post #: 122
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/3/2005 8:48:17 AM   
coregames

A tribute game to GDW would be awesome... perhaps it could code versions of Air Superiority and Air Strike, Assault and Boot and Saddles, and Harpoon or Harpoon II. Avalon Hill and SPI dominated so much in the golden age of wargaming, but GDW's excellent contributions to the industry were very impressive, fun and challenging.

(in reply to Lonewolfpj)
Post #: 123
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/3/2005 5:13:18 PM   
showboat1

I still have a copy of TF 1942 that I run on a REALLY old PC that I acquired recently. Now I get to play alot of those old games that I used to enjoy so much.

SF3C B. B. New USS North Carolina BB-55 - Permission is granted to go ashore for the last shore leave. (1926-2003)

(in reply to coregames)
Post #: 124
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/4/2005 3:59:28 AM   
RBWhite

I've made it a point some years back to keep a few old machine and boxes of spare parts.

I've been running a 386/17 and a 486/75 ODP. I still play Task Force 1942, Pacific Airwar 1942 and alot of really moldy oldies, even the original Starflight with an EGA video patch. It's the only way to go these days.

I see reading back through the thread that the consences is a WWII & Cold war surface naval combat sims. A really good subsim, X-com, Age of Rifles and a WWI flight sim. The good old standards.

Rick White

(in reply to showboat1)
Post #: 125
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/4/2005 4:54:42 AM   
CapnDarwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: coregames

A tribute game to GDW would be awesome... perhaps it could code versions of Air Superiority and Air Strike, Assault and Boot and Saddles, and Harpoon or Harpoon II. Avalon Hill and SPI dominated so much in the golden age of wargaming, but GDW's excellent contributions to the industry were very impressive, fun and challenging.

I agree. Although Flashpoint Germany is pretty much Assault (Series). Given the number of C64 fanatics here, I'm surprised MULE wasn't mentioned. One of the first massive multiplayer games, all 4 of you. Many lost evenings to that game. SSI's Overrun and Panzer Strike. So many great titles back then when wargames outnumbers RTS and Shooters.

S!

Cap'n D

(in reply to coregames)
Post #: 126
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/5/2005 6:45:37 AM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

quote:

I agree. Although Flashpoint Germany is pretty much Assault (Series). Given the number of C64 fanatics here, I'm surprised MULE wasn't mentioned. One of the first massive multiplayer games, all 4 of you. Many lost evenings to that game. SSI's Overrun and Panzer Strike. So many great titles back then when wargames outnumbers RTS and Shooters.

S!

Cap'n D

Harpoon II??? Uuuughhhhh

That was a crap game, not as good as Harpoon (original) or Harpoon (alliance)

Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 127
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/5/2005 5:33:13 PM   
coregames

actually all I have is Harpoon, I just assumed Harpoon II would be an improvement (guess I have the only version I need).

(in reply to Cmdrcain)
Post #: 128
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/6/2005 7:11:22 PM   
delta2864

Yep a harpoon 2 vers that really worked would be nice.Pity about the original it was way ahead of it's time.Steel panthers 2 was nice.Peoples General,almost runs

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 129
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/9/2005 3:02:54 AM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

actually all I have is Harpoon, I just assumed Harpoon II would be an improvement (guess I have the only version I need).

Harpoon II had whole new graphics, more a spherical type, it looked nice but it never ran right, it wasn't put out by The same ones that did the original Harpoon.

On the Original...

Theres the Original (DOS)

Then theres both Alliances spiffed up versions of Original, Alliance spiffed up graphics, fixed some bugs and it basically
was Original Harpoon with a Facelift, issued in a DOS and also A windows version (win 3.1)

I have Original and both alliances DOS and Windows versions.

Still play the windows version on my XP home.

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to coregames)
Post #: 130
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/9/2005 4:21:32 AM   
RayM

I too kept my old Win3.1/MS-DOS 6.2.2 machine for the old games. I had a Packhard Bell 66MHz machine that I had ported into a 233MHz machine several years ago. It works just fine and I enjoy firing up old games such as TF 1942, Aces of the Pacific, GNB (bought the complete set in one package), and even A-Train. Lots of fun.

RayM

(in reply to Cmdrcain)
Post #: 131
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/9/2005 11:29:46 PM   
ravinhood

Woah A-Train, another favorite that I spent many hours, days and months playing.

(in reply to RayM)
Post #: 132
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/10/2005 12:39:21 PM   
sonofdavros

Board games which I would love on PC:

Bismarck
Jutland
Squad Leader

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 133
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/10/2005 4:21:06 PM   
ravinhood

Welcome to the boards sonofdavros and yes, we'd all like to see many board wargames converted to the PC, but, it doesn't seem we can convince any developers of that. I'm a big fan of Squad Leader also. As many people that praise and still to this day play Squad Leader, you'd think someone by now would have picked up the torch and converted it to the PC instead of creating these wanna be clones that come close, but, still are not the same. I want my lil card-board counters and "Les the Sarge" unit. hehe Unfortunately Paradox has bought the rights to "Squad Leader" by AH and heh, they are going to ruin it yet again like I think it was microprose the first time that ruined it, was NOTHING like the board game, was pretty awful in fact.

(in reply to sonofdavros)
Post #: 134
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/10/2005 4:43:02 PM   
sonofdavros

Hi, Ravinhood, and thanks for the welcome.

The thing is, these sort of games are ripe for computerisation - people like us are not intersted in super-3D graphics etc; we just want a computer to do all the number-crunching for us. Like how many hexes can my squad go. Over marshland. Carrying an MMG. When fatigued. And under a foreign NCO..... etc. etc.

Bismarck, too, would be ideal for PC. Then you could play solo, searching the north Atlantic for it (or being searched for!). And as for those battle calculations...! Which way is the target going? Which way are you going? Are you being fired upon? etc etc!

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 135
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/10/2005 6:15:07 PM   
elcidce

check out Harpoon 3. They are about to add mulitplayer support to it. Its available as a download and cdrom.

The Citadel
G Company
Class of 1991

(in reply to Cmdrcain)
Post #: 136
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/10/2005 8:45:20 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

yep, Harpoon III is great and Harpoon I ( classic is nice too )

both games doesnt need a refit from matrix , the work is already done

http://www.advancedgaming.biz/index.php

STEEL PANTHERS 2 STEEL PANTHERS 2 STEEL PANTHERS 2 STELL PANTHERS 2

< Message edited by Oliver Heindorf -- 3/10/2005 7:46:22 PM >

(in reply to elcidce)
Post #: 137
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/12/2005 3:50:20 AM   
RUPD3658

Never made into a computer game (only a terrible version of Star Fleet battles) but Task Force Games's "Federation and Empire"

As for computer games, Red Lightning would be nice.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 138
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/12/2005 3:51:29 AM   
RUPD3658

Add "Wooden Ships and Iron Men" to the list.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 139
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/12/2005 7:52:01 AM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: RayM

I too kept my old Win3.1/MS-DOS 6.2.2 machine for the old games. I had a Packhard Bell 66MHz machine that I had ported into a 233MHz machine several years ago. It works just fine and I enjoy firing up old games such as TF 1942, Aces of the Pacific, GNB (bought the complete set in one package), and even A-Train. Lots of fun.

RayM

Many old DOS/win 3.1 games can run under XP.

Harpoon (alliance,win) runs fine, Colonization runs fine, Civ I, Civ II run fine, starflight 2 runs, and others.

Sometimes may need tinker with properties
for example for one game I setup a 2MB XMS since game needed xms memory

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to RayM)
Post #: 140
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/12/2005 4:03:23 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: sonofdavros

Hi, Ravinhood, and thanks for the welcome.

The thing is, these sort of games are ripe for computerisation - people like us are not intersted in super-3D graphics etc; we just want a computer to do all the number-crunching for us. Like how many hexes can my squad go. Over marshland. Carrying an MMG. When fatigued. And under a foreign NCO..... etc. etc.

Bismarck, too, would be ideal for PC. Then you could play solo, searching the north Atlantic for it (or being searched for!). And as for those battle calculations...! Which way is the target going? Which way are you going? Are you being fired upon? etc etc!

Buy Squad battles.

(in reply to sonofdavros)
Post #: 141
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/13/2005 5:33:21 AM   
Bombur

-Carrier strike...the market really needs a tactical carrier battle game. I would like to see an editor, a campaign editor, a better surface vs surface engine and so on....

(in reply to Lonewolfpj)
Post #: 142
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/13/2005 5:40:07 AM   
scout1

How about Ironclads. Was a boardgame that covered the Civil War naval conflict. Several scenarios. Sure was fun to ram those Union ships.

(in reply to Bombur)
Post #: 143
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/13/2005 5:49:44 AM   
gunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
Never made into a computer game (only a terrible version of Star Fleet battles) but Task Force Games's "Federation and Empire"
As for computer games, Red Lightning would be nice.

In 1981 the Warp Factor was a good Starfleet Battles clone for the apple. It was SSI's second game released after tigers in the snow. Its been unfortunate that the only SfB remake went realtime 3D first person ship simulator. Sure it was pretty enough but the game was not really meant to be that way.

This would be a good candidate for some independants to recreate a hex game that missed its calling in the 486 days.

< Message edited by gunny -- 3/12/2005 11:59:06 PM >

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 144
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/13/2005 9:40:26 AM   
Zap

Any civil war is good for me

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 145
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/13/2005 1:23:48 PM   
jnewl

A few off the top of my head:

X-Com
Balance of Power
Conquest of the New World
Imperialism II -- leave the AI alone, though.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 146
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/13/2005 2:03:34 PM   
rhondabrwn

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

How about Ironclads. Was a boardgame that covered the Civil War naval conflict. Several scenarios. Sure was fun to ram those Union ships.

Ah yes, Yaquinto Games I believe! Actually, I would like to see a naval simulator series for different eras along the lines of games iike Ironclads. The point and click games like "Age of Sail" while fun to play are too much of a "clickfest" once you get beyond a couple of ships.

I would like to be able to give orders to each individual ship's commander and then watch it all execute in real time action until I paused for another round of orders.

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 147
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/13/2005 4:28:13 PM   
map

there was an old apple 2 game called fighter command. it was you being the raf and battling the blitz. you had to do alot of the logistics on a board with counters, i would love to see it remade. ssg and even grisby tried the same idea, but fighter command was a great game.
also, over at the octopus overlords site there are links to "dosbox" which a lot of people are having a lot of success with running old dos games under xp.

< Message edited by map -- 3/13/2005 2:40:37 PM >

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 148
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/14/2005 2:21:05 PM   
ravinhood

Fighter Command was on the Commodore 64 also. Yes great game. I played the heck out of it and "Europe Ablaze by SSG", SSI did Fighter Command I believe.

I want the WWI "EAGLES" by SSI redone first though, I'm desperate for a good tactical WWI airwar game and I'm tired of the slow play of Blue Max online.

Wish my ole Amiga still worked, I'd pull out "WINGS" and play that through again, it was arcadic, but, it was fun. ;)

(in reply to map)
Post #: 149
RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake... - 3/14/2005 3:29:47 PM   
wodin

Have you seen Wings over France? A bit expensive for what it is but beggars can't be choosers.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What OLD titles would you like to see Matrix remake/publish? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI