Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: DasReich Core Help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> RE: DasReich Core Help Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DasReich Core Help - 2/28/2005 2:41:57 AM   
huhrlass

hi Nomad, I am going to start the game again and I read the scenario briefing again and do what you say, thanks for the tip

(in reply to KNomad)
Post #: 31
RE: DasReich Core Help - 2/28/2005 7:33:59 AM   
Goblin

Nomad has it correct. Turn Rarity OFF for the campaign. Its very buggy, and most players do not use it. I believe the OOB team recommended not using it for 8.3, IIRC.

Goblin

(in reply to huhrlass)
Post #: 32
RE: DasReich Core Help - 3/7/2005 3:58:04 AM   
Alexandra

Hi again guys.

Here's my update:

France: 3 more DVs. 39 French and 6 British Pow taken, then off to Yugo land, where we picked up 2 more DVs and a mere 10 PoWs. They didn't wanna surrender.

Also done the first Soviet Battle. DV again, and this was by far the easiest one yet. Though I do that my close support motorized mortar platoon was the main reason.

My infantry is the same as the last time I OOB posted. Mortars are all tracked, as is the FO. PzIIIs are h models, and my 88s have been changed to a pair of Mk IVe's.

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 33
RE: DasReich Core Help - 3/7/2005 4:56:51 AM   
Goblin

You are definately The POW goddess, Alexandra!

I purposefully tried to get as many as possible after reading your post, and got 6, the rest of the entire campaign!

Very nice job!

Goblin

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 34
RE: Das Reich Campiagn Posted! - 3/7/2005 11:38:40 PM   
JustACelt

Hmmph i just finished of defending the ammo dumps from the partisans and jumped to 43 and attacking pavlov but it wont let me upgrade to 43s equipment. Saw no panzer gs or tigers to use my replacement points on .... bummer when i had 500 may restart it from the save and check again..... fun campaign the human waves was a pain... two draws... and there casualtys exceeded mine on that single battle for my entire campaigne casualtys to date...

The only reason the Irish didnt conquor the world is because we conquored alchohol instead.......

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 35
RE: Das Reich Campiagn Posted! - 3/8/2005 1:40:57 AM   
Goblin

Thats a game engine limitation, Justa. The computer still counts it as the last month you fought in until you finish the battle you just started. At the end of that, you will be able to upgrade your stuff.

Goblin

(in reply to JustACelt)
Post #: 36
RE: Das Reich Campiagn Posted! - 3/9/2005 3:04:20 AM   
JustACelt

Prolly should have put a pause scenario in kinda like stalingrads campaign has to allow us to upgrade , i suffered some casaultys defending the dump but no entire unit losses so five hundred pts were useless since i had already tailored my Kampfgruppe and i did suffer casualtys running to pavlov the 76s didnt faze the tiger auxiliary s much but they chewed up a few of my IV e "s and only had 300 points to rebuild after that scen(marginal V) first time thru. But all in all i am enjoying :0) My force consists of SS Rifle Platoon with mortars changed to motorized, couple of machine guns changed to 88 ats, atr s changed to stug 33s ,Forward obs, 4 mark IVs, extra group of special ops and an engineering squad. add edit, eek the southern salient is huge totally gulping up 512 rdram computer wants to go putt putt,prolly gonna have to save every turn....

< Message edited by JustACelt -- 3/10/2005 9:07:31 AM >

The only reason the Irish didnt conquor the world is because we conquored alchohol instead.......

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 37
RE: Das Reich Campiagn Posted! - 6/29/2005 11:38:17 PM   
cato13

how do i install this campaign and others?

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 38
RE: Das Reich Campiagn Posted! - 6/30/2005 12:00:37 AM   
Terminus

There's a folder in your SPWaW directory called "campaigns"; extract everything from the .zip file into it.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to cato13)
Post #: 39
RE: Das Reich Campiagn Posted! - 9/3/2005 11:42:33 PM   
Swamprat

Just started playing the first Das Reich battle. Aaaagh! Mines! Barbed wire! Bogged down troops! Spit flying as I urge them onwards through the barrages. Raus, raus! Haven't had so much fun against the computer in ages.

Why is there a 100pts a turn victory hex behind my deployment line? Seems I can't lose with that there.

The forts threw me completely. I assumed the Polish would be 35-45 exp, and that a few 37mm rounds bouncing off their bonces would suppress them until I got closer. Someone's been giving these guys extra training though. They don't suppress easy and they shoot better than I expected.
That's what comes of playing human opponents on Battle. I forgot the sneakiness of the scenario designer.
As it is I've only managed to destroy my first fort by turn 14, nearly halfway through the game, though I'm at the first defence line and the rest are going down now. I've got to name my guys so I can yell at them more effectively.
Lost more tanks than I wanted though. I only have 5 Czech tanks, but replacing the lost ones will cost me.
Fantastic campaign so far. Hats off to the designers.

[IMG]http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k436/Swamprat98/need_help_3_126.jpg[/IMG]

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 40
RE: Das Reich Campiagn Posted! - 9/4/2005 4:52:54 AM   
Korpraali V

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swamprat

The forts threw me completely. I assumed the Polish would be 35-45 exp, and that a few 37mm rounds bouncing off their bonces would suppress them until I got closer. Someone's been giving these guys extra training though. They don't suppress easy and they shoot better than I expected.

If I remember right, Germans lost more men in Poland 39 than in Benelux and France 40. It wasn't so easy...

I'm now in France and this is an outstanding campaign!! Goblin, two bridges are in front of me and I'll try to get DV So far one MV, other DVs.

Core force:
SS Rifle Co (50mm --> 81mm)
Pz Plt (2x III, 3x IV)
FO
Ammo carrier

(in reply to Swamprat)
Post #: 41
RE: Das Reich Campiagn Posted! - 9/5/2005 7:01:08 AM   
Korpraali V

Got DV! And it sure was fun! Played only once... no second trys and no lurking the forums trying to find tips... just jumped to Pz-IV and smashed those *****
...and ended up to mines...

Very enjoyable and surprising scenario. Thank you!

(in reply to Korpraali V)
Post #: 42
RE: DasReich Core Help - 1/31/2006 1:58:26 AM   
epappas

Guys, Great campaign. I am up to scen 20 Zitadelle Opening (7/5/43)which sounds great however I can't get it to open up. I get only a black screen. Is there a bug in the campaign at this point? What do I need to do to get it to open up?

(in reply to huhrlass)
Post #: 43
RE: DasReich Core Help - 1/31/2006 2:01:54 AM   
Goblin

Did you try moving the mouse around? Sometimes the view is off the map edge due to different scenario map sizes from battle to battle.

Goblin

(in reply to epappas)
Post #: 44
RE: Das Reich Campiagn Posted! - 1/31/2006 2:03:59 AM   
Goblin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Korpraali V

Got DV! And it sure was fun! Played only once... no second trys and no lurking the forums trying to find tips... just jumped to Pz-IV and smashed those *****
...and ended up to mines...

Very enjoyable and surprising scenario. Thank you!

(in reply to Korpraali V)
Post #: 45
RE: Das Reich Campiagn Posted! - 2/1/2006 5:43:02 AM   
Korpraali V

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goblin

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 46
RE: DasReich Core Help - 2/1/2006 8:45:11 PM   
IBTyrone

quote:

ORIGINAL: epappas

Guys, Great campaign. I am up to scen 20 Zitadelle Opening (7/5/43)which sounds great however I can't get it to open up. I get only a black screen. Is there a bug in the campaign at this point? What do I need to do to get it to open up?

Goblin, I got this one.

Hi Epappas.

I am on the exact same scenario and the same thing happened to me. You have too many units in your core. The problem (which I read about elsewhere) is that the scenario was designed with the maximum amount of possible units involved. If you have too many units in your core, it will not run and just hang there with a black screen. What I did was to extract the scenario out of the campaign, pull it into the editor, delete a few units on each side, and then after renaming it back, copied it back into the campaigns folder. If you want, I can email you my modified scenarios which you just have to install in the campaigns folder for it to work.

The scenario is a major pain. I'm only 14 turns into it and I've been playing it on and off since the weekend. I'm getting my head handed to me--even with all the smoke at my disposal.

(in reply to epappas)
Post #: 47
RE: DasReich Core Help - 8/7/2006 10:09:32 PM   
Mordeep

I am having the same problem. Is there post somewhere explaining how to do this editing and how much needs to be deleted?

Thanks

(in reply to IBTyrone)
Post #: 48
RE: DasReich Core Help - 8/11/2006 1:37:25 AM   
Alby

www.spwaw.com
look in the the Das Reich section

(in reply to Mordeep)
Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> RE: DasReich Core Help Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI