Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Crash

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Crash Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Crash - 1/6/2002 9:57:00 PM   
oldbluelight

I just had the game crash back to the desktop.
I was launching 2 simultaneous assaults to capture 2 systems with multiple starships. As the 2nd assault got under way, the game just stopped and put me back to the desktop.

Post #: 1
- 1/6/2002 11:29:00 PM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

How rude of it. Can you send me the autosave.sav or any saved game file before it died in the Games subdirectory. Just attach it in an email to support@apezone.com Thanks

Developer of Starships Unlimited

(in reply to oldbluelight)
Post #: 2
- 1/7/2002 5:35:00 AM   
Rhuin

I also had a crash back to the desktop. I was attacking a home world, and if I remember I had just destroyed the last city on that world. If you want I can send the autosave file. Rhuin

Post #: 3
- 1/7/2002 9:14:00 AM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

Sure send it my way. oldbluelight already did and I've reproduced the problem once. Unfortunately didn't have all my debugging/logging options on. Of course, I haven't reproduced it since. Will keep on trying. I'm guessing that you can just load the saved game and the problem won't happen again?

Post #: 4
- 1/7/2002 9:19:00 AM   
oldbluelight

'Fraid not. I reproduced the crash a few hours ago. I even tried a different strategy, but I could not take the colony w/out crashing the game.

Post #: 5
- 1/7/2002 11:06:00 PM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

I've found the problem and fixed it. Thanks to both of you for providing saved games. It occurs when destroying a starship that's currently docked. After looking at the code, I realize that I had added a last minute extra check, unfortunately, it didn't check the most important thing. Is the starships still alive? I've also fixed a problem with the AI research, where it would ignore its best weapons if it was a weapon expert in another field. The graph popup wasn't displaying the player buttons if only two players existed in the game. I also want to improve how mines track enemies and a few more AI tweaks before handing over a patch to Matrix Games. Will keep you posted.

Post #: 6
- 1/9/2002 11:17:00 PM   
bja

I had a hard crash today, too. Not only that but it corrupted my save game file as well. At least that's my assumption because on reload it dies every time now. I'd be happy to send along the file. I wasn't attacking anything, either. Very annoying as I like the game quite a bit, but this is the 2nd crash I've had in 2 nights of play.

Post #: 7
- 1/10/2002 11:53:00 PM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

I'm sure it didn't corrupt the saved file. Some other races are probably fighting it out with the same results. Just in case, though, could you email me the saved game as an attachment. Saved games are in the Starships Unlimited Divided Galaxies/Games folder (*.sav files). Email me at support@apezone.com Anyways, I'll get this fix out by the end of the week, even if it means uploading a follow up for the lock up problem some machines experience when calling up the new game/game options popup. This last problem doesn't effect you and is the one I'm currently looking into (once I get that other computer!).

Post #: 8
- 1/16/2002 5:44:00 AM   
Putte

Seems like i've got the same problem as the other dudes here.
Game exits to desktop when attacking together with one of my alliance partners, and that is right after loading an autosave game.
I'm gonna send u the autosave. Would be great if you could make a patch to fix this problem..
A great game, BTW...

Post #: 9
- 1/16/2002 7:56:00 PM   
qwe0011

I have the same problem, it crashes just before I destroy the 2nd last city on this planet.
So can we expect a patch since quite a few people are having these crashing problems that can be reproduced countless times.

Post #: 10
- 1/17/2002 2:52:00 AM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

I've given Matrix Games a patch (version 1.1) that fixes a few crashes to the desktop, a hang up on slower machines, adds a bunch of AI improvements and fixes a few smaller bugs.

Post #: 11
- 1/17/2002 6:07:00 AM   
RepoMan

Will this patch be made available for download through the Matrix Games website? or through apezone.com? or both? (also, how long is the average processing time for game orders through Matrix?) Cheers!
Rob

Post #: 12
- 1/17/2002 7:06:00 AM   
qwe0011

WOW...
Now that's what I call quick response! So when would we be able to download the new patch? Not to mention where?

Post #: 13
- 1/18/2002 1:59:00 AM   
vmxa1

Do not expect the patch real soon. It will likely have to go to some testing process before release. I would hate to see them just accept it and put it out without a little QA.

Post #: 14
- 1/18/2002 2:04:00 AM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

It should be available from the Matrix website. As to when, the beta testers have been putting it through its paces. Should be any time now.

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Crash Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI