Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

problem with fighting two storms and such??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> problem with fighting two storms and such?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
problem with fighting two storms and such?? - 1/17/2002 12:51:00 PM   
littleoldman

sorry if this is a really dumb question,but i cant seem to do anything after i kill off the first of 2 storms(planet guards,etc..)... it just sits there and when i click on the check mark,it takes me to the weapon menu,but nothings in range,and i cant move anywhere...also time stands still(no,it is not paused)...what the heck am i doing wrong?..or not doing right?? really like the game,but my ignorance is killing me!!

Post #: 1
- 1/17/2002 1:01:00 PM   
madmax88

When you send a starship on a mission to explore new worlds, it automatically searches for atifacts on those worlds.
When done (destroyed all guards, recovered all artifacts), you ship will stop. Just pick a new mission for your starship. Explore another world.
If you can't see anything on the map, equip either your ship or your homeworld with more computers (or better ones). If this isn't your problem, then sorry i said too much.

- -mAdMAx

(in reply to littleoldman)
Post #: 2
- 1/17/2002 11:03:00 PM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

Oops, was about to tell you to check the pause button. Could be a bug? Send me a saved game of the situation as an email attachment. Saved games are in the Games sub-folder and have names like autosave.sav. I'm probably overreacting, as I've never heard of such a problem, but I'd be willing to take a look all the same. [ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: Andrew Ewanchyna ]

Developer of Starships Unlimited

Post #: 3
- 1/17/2002 11:34:00 PM   
littleoldman

ok..sent the save file to ya.... this one is after i fired both rockets at a drone,didn't kill it,but cant fire anymore(greyed out)..i can't seemto move anywhere...time is stoped..it is not paused.....man,i know i am missing some little something,but i dont know where! thanks for the help from both of ya!..

Post #: 4
- 1/18/2002 2:05:00 AM   
vmxa1

Just a thought, but do you have damage? Any letters over the ship such as W or D?

Post #: 5
- 1/18/2002 2:12:00 AM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

Thanks for sending me your saved game file. I looked at it and didn't find any problems but I think I know what may be causing you confusion. When you press the checkmark, the weapons popup appears. Just press the checkmark again (with the weapons popup still up) to continue the game. The reason this occurs is that in some situations when you're *manually* firing, you have the option of tapping energy to your weapons (using the round lightning bolt button to the right of the round weapons button) so you can fire again. I admit that in your situation, you don't have any energy weapons to re-energize, but the logic doesn't take this into account. In order for the game logic to know what you want to do, the popup needs to be up when you continue the game, otherwise, it will direct you to the weapons popup to indicate that you *may* still want to do something. Anytime you get in a situation where pressing the checkmark button brings up a popup, consider pressing the checkmark button again to ignore further input. One area where this will not work is when asked to pick a new research topic. You'll have to manually choose a topic or select the 'Choose one for me' button to continue the game.

Developer of Starships Unlimited

Post #: 6
- 1/18/2002 6:25:00 AM   
littleoldman

thank u!!!...i knew it was something i wasn't doing!..as Homer would say.."Doh"!... thanks again!

Post #: 7
- 2/5/2002 10:40:00 PM   
madmax88

I had a similar problem quite a few times already.
I attacked a ship, the enemy ship took some damage but was clearly still able to fight back. But then it would just remain motionless and greyed out.
I can't target it anymore and the game is asking me to pick up a new mission.

- -mAdMAx

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> problem with fighting two storms and such?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI