Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patch - 1/19/2002 2:51:00 AM   
oldbluelight

Whatever happened to the patch? Any release date?

Post #: 1
- 1/19/2002 2:57:00 AM   
Erik Rutins

The patch was in testing for the last two days. Last night, we tested the final build of the patch installer. After finding one glitch, we fixed it and re-tested this morning. Right about now, I'd imagine Dave is uploading it to our servers and getting ready to link it in on the Updates page. In other words, check back later today and you should be able to download it. :-) Best Regards, - Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to oldbluelight)
Post #: 2
- 1/20/2002 12:00:00 AM   
Metalli

Get the patch from here: ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/StarshipsUnlimited/StarshipsUnlimitedDividedGalaxiesv1-1Update.exe

Post #: 3
- 1/20/2002 1:11:00 AM   
vmxa1

Seems to be a problem as noting is shown for download and the link get action canceled and the download gets disconnected.

Post #: 4
- 1/20/2002 3:45:00 AM   
Metalli

Well, if it doesnt work here, download it from my site: http://www.saunalahti.fi/~kc3581/sudgv11.exe I did rename the file incase the long name was problem. [ January 19, 2002: Message edited by: Metalli ]

Post #: 5
- 1/20/2002 5:32:00 AM   
RepoMan

Thanks for posting the patch link! I downloaded it from ftp.matrixgames.com just fine. My only question (out of random curiosity) is, why is the patch not mentioned anywhere on the matrixgames site itself? It's not on the "Updates" page nor is it mentioned on the STUN : DG download page. Cheers!
Rob

Post #: 6
- 1/20/2002 5:44:00 AM   
Metalli

I have no idea, but mayby they just didnt have time to update the web database

Post #: 7
- 1/20/2002 8:51:00 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys I am the one incharge of the web updates and my mom called with major chest pain. I had to run over there before I could finish. She still in a lot of pain and we are waiting to see what is wrong. I hope to get it done tonight.

Post #: 8
- 1/20/2002 10:41:00 AM   
oldbluelight

I hope she's OK.

Post #: 9
- 1/21/2002 1:40:00 AM   
FM_Freyland

Well, I have been lurking on these boards since before the release of STUN2, but leave it to a medical emergency to make the Physician register. I too hope your mother is well, Mr. Heath.... knowing much of what chest pain can possibly entail draws much sympathy from my breast. I have been holding off buying STUN since I never played the shareware version, and I wanted some positive feedback (especially since my poor experience with SEIV and apparent disaster Fortress Europe was at release). I have, frankly, seen enough. Please expect my order in the near future, and congrats to you, Mr. Ewanchyna. Jonathan

It is true that honesty is the best policy... however, by default, that implies dishonesty is the second best policy!

Post #: 10
- 1/23/2002 3:59:00 AM   
rich12545

I will be purchasing either this game or se4gold in the next month or so. Currently I am leaning toward se4. I couldn't seem to get into the stun demo (although I'm going to try it again along with se4gold) and read a review where stun2's ai is weak, especially in the exploration era. So I would be interested in hearing about your problems with se4 if you'd care to share them. Also if some of you wouldn't mind commenting on stun's ai I'd be interested in hearing about that too. I know reviews aren't always accurate. In addition I am interested in general comparisons between the two.

Post #: 11
- 1/23/2002 11:37:00 AM   
FM_Freyland

Hello Rich I pray you can forgive me for the lack of detail.... I fought with SEIV for the first month or so after it's release and its many patches before reselling it on ebay, so my memory is quite hazy. The bottom line was that the ai was painfully inconsistent, unable to demonstrate strategy in combat mode, and for those two reasons not fun to play with. Each patch had a list of fixes a mile long, but in the end, the ai still was just NOT fun to play with. I have no idea what the ai is like now (last patch) or what it will be like in SeIV gold. Best of luck with you decision!
Jonathan

It is true that honesty is the best policy... however, by default, that implies dishonesty is the second best policy!

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI