Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Don't have the time for a 48 hour download

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Don't have the time for a 48 hour download Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Don't have the time for a 48 hour download - 6/22/2000 12:42:00 PM   
Ron6590

Everytime I try to download SPWAW I'm told its a bout a 48 hour download . Since I don't have the time to download for that long how can I get this game ? I have all the other SPsand I WANT THIS ONE !!! I remember something being said about SPWAW being included in a computer game mag's CD ..is that still on tap if so which one(s) and when ? Please help !!! Thanks

Post #: 1
- 6/22/2000 1:01:00 PM   
Drake666

You most be out side of north amarica are you. I have only a 32.6 connection and it took me 18 hours. The game will be out in gameing mags next month. Cant remember witch ones.

(in reply to Ron6590)
Post #: 2
- 6/22/2000 1:54:00 PM   
Von Rom

Look for the complete game of SP:WAW in next month's issue of PC Gamer magazine (August issue). It should hit the newstands between the 8th and 10th of July. ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge...

(in reply to Ron6590)
Post #: 3
- 6/22/2000 8:11:00 PM   
Charles22

I'm in Texas with a 56k modem (my ISP actually uses the full amount), and I loaded the next to the largest version and it took about 30 hours.

(in reply to Ron6590)
Post #: 4
- 6/22/2000 9:20:00 PM   
xopher

quote:

Originally posted by Ron6590: Everytime I try to download SPWAW I'm told its a bout a 48 hour download .
Use GetRight or one of the other programs that can pull a little bit down each night when you are sleeping. I pulled it down over a 28K modem (my ISDN is down)...

(in reply to Ron6590)
Post #: 5
- 6/22/2000 9:37:00 PM   
GeneralOberst Teufel

send me your mailing address ~~if you reimburse postage I will gladly put SPWAW on a cd for you (no charge, after all it is a free download) I also have over a thousand senarios for the following SP1, SPII, and SPIII ( these are downloads collected over the last couple years ) if interested i would gladly send these also [This message has been edited by GeneralOberst Teufel (edited 06-22-2000).]

(in reply to Ron6590)
Post #: 6
- 6/23/2000 3:03:00 AM   
Dean Robb

quote:

Originally posted by xopher: Use GetRight or one of the other programs that can pull a little bit down each night when you are sleeping. I pulled it down over a 28K modem (my ISDN is down)...
Second the recommendation of GetRight or Go!Zilla. I got my copy over 2 nights using GetRight. It even has an oh-so-handy redial feature so when my ISP disconnected every 4 hours (time limit) it dialed back up and resumed d/ling. Handy doggone product, esp. for free!

Job Security: Being a Micro$oft lawyer...

(in reply to Ron6590)
Post #: 7
- 6/23/2000 6:11:00 AM   
David Heath

Here are some unannounced information. Matrix Games has signed a deal with EzGamer to alow them to add SPWAW in full form ( not a demo version ) to any of there demo CD's. Gamers can now order a CD with any demo with want and a full copy of SPWAW. We are not receving any money from this. The cost for the CD $7.00 (Plus $3.00 US $8.00 Overseas for shipping) This what we mean when we say giving the gamers what they want. You should be able to place orders on Friday. David Heath [This message has been edited by David Heath (edited 06-22-2000).]

(in reply to Ron6590)
Post #: 8
- 6/23/2000 7:26:00 AM   
nikb

Ron Initially I was getting my brother to download the full version from his work. However, the temptation was too much and I downloaded the smaller version over a weekend (literally the weekend). It was well worth it...just takes up too much of my time playing it! I say let rip. Nik

Nik

(in reply to Ron6590)
Post #: 9
- 6/23/2000 7:45:00 AM   
Wild Bill

General, where did you find all those scenarios? That is a nice collection!...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Ron6590)
Post #: 10
- 6/23/2000 1:39:00 PM   
Ron6590

Thanks to all for the suggestions and ideas, but General YOUR THE MAN !!! Not only will I gladly reimburse you, but I'll come wash and wax your Tiger tank if you want !! I was going to say spit shine your boots with my tounge, but that sounded kinky. I'll gladly take the scenarios too . I be happy to reimburse you the cost of the CDs too. I E-mailed you my mailing info. This goes to prove that war gamers are the best folks on the planet ( even if we do play at blowing it up ) And the folks in the SP family are the best of all. Once again Thanks

(in reply to Ron6590)
Post #: 11
- 6/23/2000 10:23:00 PM   
GeneralOberst Teufel

quote:

Originally posted by Ron6590: Thanks to all for the suggestions and ideas, but General YOUR THE MAN !!! Not only will I gladly reimburse you, but I'll come wash and wax your Tiger tank if you want !! I was going to say spit shine your boots with my tounge, but that sounded kinky. I'll gladly take the scenarios too . I be happy to reimburse you the cost of the CDs too. I E-mailed you my mailing info. This goes to prove that war gamers are the best folks on the planet ( even if we do play at blowing it up ) And the folks in the SP family are the best of all. Once again Thanks
Yours and 10 others CD's went out in the mail about two hours ago I included the Full CD Version SPWAW ready to play ( V 1.0 ) I also included on a seperate CD the Senarios for SPI, SPII, SPIII, and SPWAW (around 1000 total)and all the known patches to include the 1N patch from Novastar for SPI ** Anticipating the patch GeneralOberst Teufel

(in reply to Ron6590)
Post #: 12
- 6/23/2000 10:46:00 PM   
Wild Bill

General, my compliments! Are you from the south ? That is a joke guys! Please, no one take offense. But seriously, it is a courtesy rarely seen in the world today. You have my personal thanks for this expense in time and money. You're my kind of guy!...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Ron6590)
Post #: 13
- 6/24/2000 8:04:00 AM   
Ron6590

General, not only are you the man but you are the fast man at that ! I really am thankful to you for your kindness, and I will be just as prompt with the reimbursment. Wild Bill was right you must be true "Southern Gentleman" I will await the arival of the CDs with baited breath ( I just ate shrimp ) Once again, thanks a millon ! [This message has been edited by Ron6590 (edited 06-23-2000).]

(in reply to Ron6590)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Don't have the time for a 48 hour download Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI