Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problems with Sudden Death trigger

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Problems with Sudden Death trigger Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems with Sudden Death trigger - 3/27/2005 1:54:57 AM   
Emx77

I would like to know is it somehow possible to disable Sudden Death option? I think the problem with SD trigger is that it's very favorable to NATO side at the ending allocation of victory points (at least in scenarios which I have played against AI).

For example in Red Hammer scenario I was very near to completly destroy British 1st Staffordshires battalion and to take all key objectivs but after NATO forces droped below 19% of initial strength scenario ended (to early) with Decesive NATO Victory!!? There were 13 turns left and I'm sure that I was able to annhilate those NATO units which remained at map (mostly second line artilery and HQ units) and to take all objectives but Sudden Death trigger prevented me to do that. Very frustrating and also unrealistic.

There should be option to disable Sudden Death trigger or to allow player to continue with game if he wants after one force drops bellow 20% of initial stength. Or even to allow manual setting of Sudden Death percent level before starting scenario.
Post #: 1
RE: Problems with Sudden Death trigger - 3/27/2005 11:20:14 AM   
Raukman

Had a similar experience playing the British forces. My positions where falling apart and I was preparing to face the fact; a loss! I was surprised when I got a decesive victory. My forces had dropped below 20%.

This is not fair... if it was WP's forces who had dropped below 20% i can take that. But as a defender... NOT. I can see a strategy here in the future. One side is going to loose due to material losses; throw your remaining units at the enemy and hoping to get under 20% before the enemy manage to get enough victory points.

I think the defending part shall not get away with the 20% rule before all turns hav been played.

I can be wrong in this, it has happend before

(Me spelling english bad... me from Sweden zeeeee )

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit! - God, look at the time! My wife will kill me!
Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for the war

(in reply to Emx77)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems with Sudden Death trigger - 4/20/2005 4:09:42 AM   
Yakstock

Having fell victim to this I think the option to turn it off is good. I also think when it is "on" it should be 15%, and should be the attacker being measured when in an attack defend scenario. A meeting engagement scenario could be both. It is very easy to get into a situation where as the attacker you whittle down your opponent before reaching your physical objective and thus loose the match. Personally I would likely just turn it off.

(in reply to Raukman)
Post #: 3
RE: Problems with Sudden Death trigger - 5/7/2005 12:40:46 AM   
Burthold

I agree. Could you see the headlines? "USSR Guards Regiment is driven to a stop after destroying too much of Nato while only 2000m away from their objective. LOL

"I am sorry general...but you have just killed too many of the enemy in the general location of your objective. You should have gone for that cattle farm 10000k from the objective. We have been traing for YEARS and is the USSR's docrtine to take cattle farms and not destroy too much of Nato. I am sending you to a goulag(sp)."

(in reply to Emx77)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Problems with Sudden Death trigger Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI