Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scenarios - 3/31/2005 11:59:55 PM   
Andrew Brown

There is now a new version - 3b - of my map. Here is the list of fixes:

1. The "Burma Railway" was changed from a railway to a track on the map, but the map data was not changed. This has now been fixed so that the link really is a trail.
  2. The trail between Chungking and hex 47,28 (near Kungchang and Sian) was wrongly represented as a road in the map data. The map data has been corrected from road to trail.
  3. Pagan in the Marianas had its name changed to Meiktila, as well as the Pagan in Burma, due to an overenthusiastic scenario conversion script. The proper name has been restored.
  4. The Soviet base name "Ohka - Sakalin" has been changed to "Ohka".
  5. The base name "Waigeu Island" in Dutch New Guinea has been changed to "Waigeo Island".
  6. The "ModSelect" utility may not work properly on Windows 95, 98 and Millenium Edition operating systems. The utility has been revised to ensure that it works OK on those systems (I HOPE).
  7. Several minor documentation faults fixed (base names etc.)

The new version is available on my witp website, or directly here:

Andrew's map version 3b (44 MB)

If you already have version 3, you can download a separate update package to update the map to version 3b, without having to update the full map again:

Andrew's map version 3b update (1.1 MB)

There is also a new version of the special extended map for the CHS scenario. As before, you need to install the full map before installing this extension:

Andrew's special map extension version 3b (10 MB)

And there is an update for the special extenstion that you can download and install if you have version 3 of the special extension already installed. If you download and install this update you don't need to download and install the above update for v3 of the map - this update includes all of the files for updating the standard and extended map:

Andrew's special map extension version 3b update (1.1 MB)

I have also coverted a few more scenarios as follows:

I hope to have some more scenarios converted soon, as well as some alternative map styles.

My WitP site, with more inforation about my map and other mods, is here:

Andrew's WitP Website

As always, please let me know if you spot any problems with these files. Thanks to CobraAus, reg and others who spotted problems.

Andrew

< Message edited by Andrew Brown -- 4/1/2005 12:10:51 AM >

Information about my WitP map, and CHS, can be found on my WitP website

Post #: 1
RE: Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scena... - 4/1/2005 1:54:42 AM   
Ron Saueracker

Getting confused. Which do I need to run the CHS using WIN 98? I had V2 with all extensions for Aden/Panama etc. Only thing I was missing was Burma fixes I believe.

So, Do I just load V3 onto the previous builds?

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 2
RE: Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scena... - 4/1/2005 3:10:33 AM   
Tristanjohn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

Getting confused. Which do I need to run the CHS using WIN 98? I had V2 with all extensions for Aden/Panama etc. Only thing I was missing was Burma fixes I believe.

So, Do I just load V3 onto the previous builds?

For our test you'll need the special map v3b. And the upgrades will copy over. Just be sure you select the right map for use from the .bat program he provides.

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 3
RE: Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scena... - 4/1/2005 8:04:11 AM   
bradfordkay

As always, thanks Andrew.

Okay, this was a shameless bump to help guarantee that this thread will be easily seen in the morning so I can dl the files at work!

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Tristanjohn)
Post #: 4
RE: Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scena... - 4/1/2005 8:10:07 AM   
Andrew Brown

Hi Ron,

If you have v2 of my map installed, then you need to do the following:

1. Download and install Version 3b of my map . Because you are using Win98 you need to install it manually - sorry.
  2. Download and install the special map extension version 3b.
  3. Use the ModSelect utility to select either my standard map, my special CHS map, or the official map.

Please let me know if you still need help.

Andrew

Post #: 5
RE: Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scena... - 4/1/2005 8:16:36 AM   
Platoonist

Thanks! I'm a big fan of your cartographic efforts.

Bump.

Post #: 6
RE: Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scena... - 4/1/2005 8:21:13 AM   
Ron Saueracker

Sorry AB. Got it all going with your latest version. Nice! Worked fine. (Havinf a smoke did the trick!)

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 7
RE: Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scena... - 4/1/2005 8:28:43 AM   
bradfordkay

" (Havinf a smoke did the trick!)"

Yeah, we've heard about that Canadian smoke!

fair winds,
Brad

Post #: 8
RE: Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scena... - 4/1/2005 8:59:13 PM   
BRZ

I'm having trouble with scenario 104... I can't see Noumea and some southern OZ bases. Cause the Map limits are different than the originals

1) I've instaleld Andrew's map version 3b
2) Scenario 104
3) Ran the bat file
4) Ran the game and selected 104

Something wrong?

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 9
RE: Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scena... - 4/2/2005 12:24:32 AM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: BRZ

I'm having trouble with scenario 104... I can't see Noumea and some southern OZ bases. Cause the Map limits are different than the originals

2) Scenario 104
3) Ran the bat file

Something wrong?

Maybe. I should have reset the map limits for the limited maps to make sure that Noumea is included, but maybe I slipped up with scen 104. I'll check it and update it if necessary.

(in reply to BRZ)
Post #: 10
RE: Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scena... - 4/2/2005 2:00:39 AM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: BRZ

2) Scenario 104
3) Ran the bat file

Something wrong?

Hi BRZ,

Could you please download the scenario 103 again and see whether you still have the same problem with it? I have upoaded another copy that should have the correct map limits. Please let me know whether it looks OK.

(in reply to BRZ)
Post #: 11
RE: Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scena... - 4/2/2005 4:45:22 AM   
BRZ

working fine! thanks

Post #: 12
RE: Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scena... - 4/2/2005 2:18:25 PM   
Ramjet

Andrew, your docs show several alternate maps that can be downloaded and used. I can't find them on your website. How can I get them? Alt 4 or 6 would be great!

(in reply to BRZ)
Post #: 13
RE: Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scena... - 4/2/2005 2:26:28 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ramjet

Andrew, your docs show several alternate maps that can be downloaded and used. I can't find them on your website. How can I get them? Alt 4 or 6 would be great!

They are coming soon. I am starting to upload the maps now. It will take a few days though - I only have dial-up internet access and uploading large files is S-L-O-W...

(in reply to Ramjet)
Post #: 14
RE: Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scena... - 4/2/2005 2:36:14 PM   
Ramjet

Well, your map looks much better from a gaming perspective than the original. Awsome work! But the overlays are a bit too much I believe. Would be great to hit an 'F' key and turn them on/off. Question for you; when 1.5 is available, do you intend to update the scenarios so as to allow us to use your maps with the new version? Also, I love the CHS scenario but they got carried away with the new bases and the extensions. I think the ideal game would be the CHS scenario with your map on version 1.5 without the extra bases.

Post #: 15
RE: Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scena... - 4/3/2005 12:23:20 AM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ramjet

Well, your map looks much better from a gaming perspective than the original. Awsome work! But the overlays are a bit too much I believe. Would be great to hit an 'F' key and turn them on/off.

There will be alternative maps "with hexes" available soon that don't have the overlays. In the meantime, the map "without hexes" does not have any overlays.

quote:

Question for you; when 1.5 is available, do you intend to update the scenarios so as to allow us to use your maps with the new version?

Yes.

quote:

Also, I love the CHS scenario but they got carried away with the new bases and the extensions. I think the ideal game would be the CHS scenario with your map on version 1.5 without the extra bases.

I am planning on making a version of CHS without the "special map" and bases as well.

(in reply to Ramjet)
Post #: 16
RE: Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scena... - 4/3/2005 1:00:14 AM   
Ramjet

1. Excellent!
2. Cool!
3. Awsome!
4. Would like to at least buy you a beer for all your troubles but I believe I am almost exactly on the opposite side of the world from you. Last time I was "down under" was returning from Desert Fox on USS Carl Vinson in 1999. We visited Fremantle and Hobart. 4th time in Australia for me, but always a wonderful port visit!

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Version 3b of my map now available, plus more scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI