Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any wargames that you make the decison to goto war?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Any wargames that you make the decison to goto war? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any wargames that you make the decison to goto war? - 4/13/2005 8:07:55 PM   
mendipbus

Hello

Ok I am wondering are there any wargames or even political-wargames, where the player actually makes the decision to goto war?

e.g not a defined scenario

Maybe I am thinking of a more political-wargame type of game?

thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Any wargames that you make the decison to goto war? - 4/14/2005 1:31:12 AM   
Lonewolfpj

There is a game called Superpower which is simular to what you are asking for

DISCLAIMER: Poster makes no guarantee that the above expressed information is accurate, complete, current, funny, new, spelled correctly, or grammatically correct.

(in reply to mendipbus)
Post #: 2
RE: Any wargames that you make the decison to goto war? - 4/14/2005 1:46:27 AM   
Warfare1

There is also Hearts of Iron I and II (start as a country in 1936 and determine its progress through the war years with research, etc) as well as Europa Universalis II (play one of many nations from 15th century through to 1800s).

Both games are continuous time with pause buttons. They both play on HUGE world maps.

(in reply to Lonewolfpj)
Post #: 3
RE: Any wargames that you make the decison to goto war? - 4/14/2005 2:40:47 AM   
freeboy

hio2 was what I was thinking

(in reply to Warfare1)
Post #: 4
RE: Any wargames that you make the decison to goto war? - 4/14/2005 3:14:35 AM   
Warfare1

There is also the soon-to-be released Supreme Ruler 2010:

http://www.battlegoat.com/

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Any wargames that you make the decison to goto war? - 4/14/2005 3:32:39 AM   
KG Erwin

Yes--Medieval Total War --when you place your army in neutral territory, you are prompted with a message asking if you want to declare war. Read the review of a very nice MTW mod (which I use) here: http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/medieval_totalwar_xl/

This game offers strategic decision-making, diplomacy, and leading your troops on the battlefield (if you so choose) from the 11th thru 14th centuries, with each turn representing one year. The XL mod makes it more histrorical, and adds a new level of complexity. There are dozens of different units available (dependent on region) , which change as your empire develops & expands.

Right now, you can buy the MTW/Viking Invasion Expansion as a combo pack for only $20. I got it as a Christmas present last year, and it is VERY intriguing.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 4/14/2005 3:41:42 AM >

(in reply to mendipbus)
Post #: 6
RE: Any wargames that you make the decison to goto war? - 4/15/2005 8:26:26 PM   
oi_you_nutter

although not a true wargame, being more of a stategy game then I would suggest civ3

as the leader of a nation you can take diplomatic courses or militaristic policy over a long and detailed game.

otherwise I would have to agree with the other posters and suggest the Paradox games EU2, Victoria, HOI and HOI2.
Medieval Total War has a great mix of action and strategy.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Any wargames that you make the decison to goto war? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI