Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> After Action Reports >> The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 3/30/2005 9:12:26 PM   
Canoerebel

Greetings,

I am the Allied player. My opponent and I are on the "honor system" - pledging not to read each other's posts in the AAR.

I played perhaps 10 email games in 2002-2003 against a number of worthy opponents (including Admiral Dadman and Reiryc), but then took more than a year off. This will be my second email game since I resumed. The first - also against John - is still ongoing.

I am a fairly conservative player as the US, willing to wait a LONG time before striking. This scenario lends itself to that because the US won't have a single carrier for at least 45 days, and won't have the full compliment (4) until approximately 70 days into the scenario. That stinks. The Japs suffer similar delays, but do get carriers in advance of the US. Until the carriers arrive, it's a surface fleet action.

In our other game, John was very aggressive in using bombardment. He attacked but failed to take Port Moresby, probably a fatal blow to Jap hopes. Since the Allies held PM last time, I expect him to organize a much larger assault this time, or to perhaps turn his attention to Luganville.

The Allies start with nearly no ground troops in the Noumea/Louganville area. I think I'll send all my transports to Brisbane, load them up in, say, 20 turns, and have them ready to steam to either Luganville (or Noumea if I'm too late) or Port Moresby, depending upon which way the Japs seem to be heading.

Allied air power is also pitifully weak at the start. The fighters stink.

I'm more used to Scenarios 17 and 18 where the carriers give both sides immediate offensive options and keep the game exciting. This scenario, however, is a long, slow grind until August 1942.

"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Post #: 1
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 3/31/2005 8:01:53 AM   
Canoerebel

6/2/42 - Allies draw first blood. S-39 puts a torpedo in PG Nikkai Maru. Allies lose two planes to operations. Japs landed uncontested at Buna and Gili Gili. Japs sent 42 Zeros to PM, but I had nothing up as all Allied planes are training at low levels at this point. All APs are heading for Brisbane. Most of the Allied surface combat fleet is heading for Townsville. My minelayers dropped a load at Irau.

"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/1/2005 3:07:31 PM   
Canoerebel

6/4/42 - The quiet continues. Most of my APs are nearing Brisbane. I loaded a brigade and a headquarters unit on APs already there and may send them toward PM. If I know John, he'll bombard PM fairly soon.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 3
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/1/2005 4:25:56 PM   
CMDRMCTOAST

Congrats to the new war, Keep it going gentlemen...

The essence of military genius is to bring under
consideration all of the tendencies of the mind
and soul in combination towards the business of
war..... Karl von Clausewitz

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 4
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/2/2005 1:29:42 AM   
Canoerebel

6/5/42 - Jap task force between GG and Townsville. Recon shows CA and 2 PC. It's probably a large CA/DD bombardment force heading to Townsville. That's where I have the bulk of my surface fleet (3 CAs, 1 CL, 5 or 6 DDs) under the command of Kincaid. I'll leave them there in hopes of bloodying the Japs a bit. I've also readied most of my bombers and fighter bombers to strike any Jap ships that might limp out of Townsville after combat. It seems to me that John's proclivity for shore bombardment results in a lot of wear and tear on his surface assets and also strains his petrol supplies. Elsewhere, the infantry reinforcement TF is off Rockhampton (heading for PM).

(in reply to CMDRMCTOAST)
Post #: 5
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/2/2005 4:40:45 PM   
Canoerebel

6/6/42 - To my surprise, the Jap TF did not hit Townsville. It moved NW and is now closer to PM (perhaps 10 hexes). Perhaps John had second thoughts or this is a diversion. I left Kincaid's TF at Townsville. Reconn says 2 CA and 2 PC which probably means 5 CA and 8 DD or more. Kincaid's group is 4 CA, 1 CL, 5 DD with 4 more DD from Brisbane to join in a couple of turns. My reinforcement APs will be near Townsville next turn. I won't send them further if large Jap assets are around. Minelayer arrives at Nevea next turn.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 6
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/3/2005 1:30:24 AM   
Canoerebel

6/7/42 - Jap TF (now scouted as 3 CAs and a PC) now between GG and PM. Another TF closing GG from Solomons area (CAs, CL, and DDs). My AP TF is between Townsville and Cairns. I'll have to decide shortly whether to commit or recall it. I don't have enough power to risk it in a pitched battle.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 7
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/3/2005 7:36:33 AM   
Canoerebel

6/9/42 - Jap surface fleets steamed east to Rossel Is. and linked up with a transport convoy. Another fast transport group landed troops at Irau (at least three Jap minesweepers cleared the way). At the moment, I do not see any Jap surface ships immediately threatening PM. I have a fast tr. convoy arriving there this turn with part of the 25th Brigade. The APs are two turns out of PM. If the Japs concentrate on Irau and Rossel, it may indicate interest in Luganville. Even if the Japs head southeast, a secure PM is a big head start for the Allies.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 8
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/4/2005 1:23:32 AM   
Canoerebel

6/10/42 - S-46 is sunk after torpedoing Aoba at Rossel. Fast transport to PM successful. APs may arrive next turn. Sent Kincaid's TF north from Townsville to protect the APs if the Japs react.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 9
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/5/2005 4:36:11 PM   
Canoerebel

6/12/42 - My AP TF at PM undergoes air attack. The Japs score a tactical victory, sinking Esperance Bay, putting single torps into DD Bagley and AP Largs Bay, and downing 30 Allied aircraft while losing about 16 of their own. All ground troops had already been unloaded (a brigade and a headquarters unit). I consider the reinforcement of PM at the cost of one AP a very successful operation for the Allies. A 4 DD fast transport convoy is already at PM and will unload part of the 25th brigade this turn. Jap CA/DD TF between PM and GG. I hope my DDs will unload and depart before the Japs arrive. I've ordered the other ships out of PM and I sent all serviceable aircraft to Australia to rest and refit.

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 4/5/2005 4:39:50 PM >

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 10
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/6/2005 3:38:31 AM   
Canoerebel

6/13/42 - Successfully evaded the Jap TF that hit PM and my ships are returning to Australia. DD Faragut hit a mine at Townsville, inflicting minor damage Also, John had his TF set for surface combat rather than shore bombardment, so the Jap TF that went to PM didn't hit the base (my supply officer expresses gratitude).

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 11
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/6/2005 3:59:06 PM   
Canoerebel

6/14/42 - Quiet. Very different from the first Scenario 16 game John and I played. Beginning to wonder if he is opting for a strong defensive perimeter game. I'll continue to focus on defense of PM and Luganville, but I'm going to begin planning how to proceed if John stays on the defensive. One of the first moves will be to airlift some supplies and troops to Wau.

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 4/6/2005 6:14:51 PM >

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 12
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/7/2005 1:33:51 AM   
Canoerebel

6/16/42 - The previous day was unusually quiet. On 6/16, Jap TF bombarded PM (light damage) and also hit it with Nells. Another TF is midway between GG and Townsville. I have vacated Townsville (most of my combat ships had been put in a fast transport convoy to carry the rest of the 7th Brigade to PM and is due to arrive on 6/17 - I hope the Japs don't hit PM again....). Another Jap TF unloaded troops at Nevea, while another visited (and probably layed mines at) Gavigama. I still think this is beginning to look like a strong defensive perimeter set up for the Japs, but I've got to watch out for a larger strike at PM or Luganville when the Jap CVs arrive. Right now I feel good about PM, but Luganville is very weak. Saratoga (my first CV) is 18 days out, but I will NOT commit my CVs to serious action until I have at least 4.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 13
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/7/2005 6:16:30 AM   
Canoerebel

6/17/42 - The Fast Transport to PM went through unchallenged. The Jap combat TF is due east of Cairns 12 hexes or so, still threatening Townsville, but all Allied ships are heading to Rockhampton and should be out of harm's way. PM bombers sunk two Jap APDs north of Buna (the first Jap ships sunk). I've probably finished reinforcing PM for awhile. I'll see what develops over the next few turns.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 14
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/8/2005 3:25:58 PM   
Canoerebel

6/19/42 - Quiet the last two turns. John is either waiting for his CVs to arrive at Truk or has chosen a defensive strategy. Allied ship losses are so light that I am concerned that Pearl won't release my CVs when they finally arrive. So I'll begin sending ships back to Pearl for refitting. Detailed CA Australia and three DDs to head to Noumea for that purpose. Sent CA Salt Lake City, CL Phoenix, and 3 DDs from Noumea to Rockhampton as replacements to join Kincaid's surface group. Marines arrive Noumea 25 turns.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 15
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/9/2005 2:10:08 AM   
Canoerebel

6/20/42 - Nothing this turn. John commented in his email that the game seems "interesting but BORING". I think it's up to the Japs to initiate contact in Scenario 16. The Allies are exceedingly weak now, but time is on our side.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 16
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/9/2005 3:42:44 PM   
Canoerebel

6/22/42 - Japs bombard PM, doing minor damage to the airfield. Jap ground troops (one infantry and various support) arrive at Wau. I deployed two transport squadrons to PM to begin air lifting troops into Wau and ordered some bombers to hit the Japs. (I should have reinforced Wau several turns ago when I first mentioned it, but I was awaiting the arrival of ground troops in Townsville since I had rather use troops from Australia than PM). The last of my "big four" carriers - Wasp - is due to arrive in Pearl in 18 days. With Marines and other units scheduled to arrive in theater in less than 30 days, that means the Allies should be in a position to mount their first offensive in about 40 days - the first of August.

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 4/9/2005 3:44:10 PM >

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 17
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/10/2005 4:56:11 AM   
Canoerebel

6/25/42 - Jap TF hit PM on successive turns, shutting down the airbase, preventing my Dakotas from flying reinforcements to Wau. On 6/24, the Japs (including the 144th Regiment) attacked the Kanga force at Wau, but somehow the Kanga's held. This turn, 26 B-26s hit the Japs, inflicting about 20 casualties. Then my Dakotas brought in enough of the 30th Brigade that a Jap shock attack met with a stinging repulse (Japs lost about 280 men to some 30 Kangas). I've shut down the Dakotas on the assumption that John will have plenty of Zero cover this turn. I hope that the loss of the 280 troops reduces the odds sufficiently that John will either wait to get more troops to Wau or begin a concerted bombing effort. Either way Wau becomes a bit of a whirlpool sucking in more Jap forces and effort than John had intended.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 18
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/10/2005 11:39:01 PM   
Canoerebel

6/27/42 - Wau indeed has become a vortex of activity. On 6/26, the Japs launched an attack and incurred only slightly more casualties than the Allies. Therefore, I resumed air transport of the 30th Brigade to Wau. Zeros intercepted the Dakotas, but the effort more than doubled the 30th Bgd. numbers in Wau (500 combat troops and 300+ support). Jap combat ships hit PM again, inflicted minor damage, and underwent air attack. Beauforts from PM put single torpedos into CA Kinugasa and CL Yubari. Other medium bombers hit CAs Mogami, Furutaka and Ashigara with shellfire. B-17s bombed the Japs at Wau. Overall, the Allies lost more planes than I would have expected (about 30, mostly B-25s to navy flak), but Wau is a bit of a quagmire for the Japs. Kincaids TF heading north from Townsville looking for targets of opportunity.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 19
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/11/2005 6:08:06 AM   
Canoerebel

6/29/42 - Jap CL Yubari sank. Sighted Jap TF that appears to be heading toward Luganville or one of the islands to the north (none yet occupied by the Allies). Allies formed a surface TF at Noumea from newly arrived ships, Spruance in command, and ordered it north. A second CV has been released from Pearl, but my shipping needs rating has dropped to "Moderate" as I feared. I'm sending more ships back to Pearl and I'll use my ships more aggressively in order to restore the "High" priority rating. There are several indications that the Japs have been heavily reinforced. All quiet at Wau at the moment. I'm surprised John isn't bombing my troops. I'll airlift more of the 30th Brigade in another turn or two.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 20
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/12/2005 2:51:58 AM   
Canoerebel

7/2/42 - Version 2.41 seems to have a bad bug where combat replay bears no resemblance to the turn file. Therefore, at this point I really do not know what is happening on a particular turn. It's not a big problem yet, because nothing much is happening; but as soon as we mix it up, I'll be almost completely in the dark without all the intel that the combat replay provides - from coastwatcher reports to ship sightings to air attacks. I won't be able to properly react to developments....The last two turns have been quiet. Jap TF landing reinforcements at Nevea. I "think" Hudsons from Luganville scored one hit on an AP, but I'm not sure (because of the replay snafu). Spruance's TF heading out of Luganville to Nevea. I'm also preparing to send additional combat ships to Pearl. No attacks on Wau.

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 4/12/2005 2:52:21 PM >

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 21
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/12/2005 2:52:27 PM   
Canoerebel

07/03/42 - Here is the combat report my opponent sent:

Weather: Overcast

Night Time Surface Combat, near Nevea at 50,43

Japanese Ships
DD Oite, Shell hits 30, and is sunk
DD Tachikaze, Shell hits 33, and is sunk
AP Kenryu Maru, Shell hits 49, on fire, heavy damage
AP Meiten Maru
AP Nana Maru, Shell hits 9, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
AP Oigawa Maru, Shell hits 30, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CA Portland, Shell hits 3
CA Louisville
CA New Orleans, Shell hits 1
CA Astoria, Shell hits 1
DD Wilkes
DD Anderson
DD O'Brien
DD Morris
DD Ralph Talbot
DD Jarvis
DD Benham
DD Lang
DD Gridley
DD Craven
DMS Hovey

B-26s from PM inflicted 93 casualties at Wau. They are scheduled to strike again along with B-17s from Cairns. Dakotas from PM (carrying the 30th Brigade) and from Cooktown (carrying supplies) are scheduled for Wau this turn also. Pulled combat ships from L'ville back to Noumea and from Townsville back to Rockhampton. Intel indicates Jap CVs are on the map now. Saratoga arrives 1 turn, Wasp in about 15, with Enterprise at Pearl and Lexington to arrive at Pearl in around 15 turns. I don't have enough CAs at Pearl to get the CVs released, so I'm rotating back a number of ships as fast as I can.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 22
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/13/2005 2:12:39 PM   
Canoerebel

7/6/42 - Jap TFs bombarded PM and Townsville and another "visited" Efete apparently hoping to find merchant ships there. I sent about ten ships back to Pearl and successfully raised the ship priority to "high". The last of the four CVs will arrive in Pearl in 4 days. Marines in Noumea in ten days. Wau still quiet. John likely ordered reinforcements but they have a long way to walk. One squadron Dakotas will transport 30th Brigade to Wau this turn. One AP to arrive PM today with needed supplies, but may also run into a bombardment group. Need to take that chance. Supply level now orange.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 23
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/13/2005 5:09:41 PM   
Shadow of the Condor

Good AAR - Keep the entries coming. :)

Phil

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 24
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/14/2005 3:14:08 PM   
Canoerebel

7/9/42 - It remains unnaturally quiet. No Jap bombardments in several turns. The 30th Brigade is in Wau. No attacks at Wau for many turns, although John still maintains Zero cap (probably from Lae). A sub sank one of my MSW (just the third ship I've lost this game, indicating just how quiet it has been) near Brisbane. Hornet to arrive in Pearl next turn with Wasp arriving Noumea shortly. That will give me two CVs on the map and two CVs in Pearl (unfortunately lacking enough CAs to get them released. One CA and two CLs will be available in 7 turns with two more CAs in about 22 turns. That means it may be 40 days before I get all four CVs on the board. )

(in reply to Shadow of the Condor)
Post #: 25
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/15/2005 5:31:27 AM   
Canoerebel

7/10/42 - To my considerable surprise and pleasure, Pearl released Enterprise and Hornet even though they will have an escort of only 7 DDs. That means the Allies will have 4 CVs and should be in position to mount an offensive by August 1. I have detailed a FT mission to deliver two engineer units to Wunpuko. Japs appear to have a second infantry unit at Wau and launched an attack with results posted below. Light, medium and heavy bombers from PM, Cooktown and Cairns ordered to strike the enemy at Wau.

Ground combat at Wau

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 6992 troops, 83 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 4979 troops, 46 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese ground losses:
Men lost 139

Allied ground losses:
Men lost 112

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 26
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/16/2005 4:02:14 PM   
Canoerebel

7/12/42 - Intel reports that the new Jap ground unit at Wau numbers only some 750, not enough to give the Japs a numerical advantage. No recent Jap attacks at Wau. Allies occasionally bombard the Japs there with minimal results (about 10 casualties). Jap TF about to hit PM, so I've recalled two APs from the port. Something a bit weird happened at Wunpuko - my two engineer units landed last turn and already there are plenty of supplies, some fuel, and a level one fortification. The Allies must begin the game with Wunpuko at those levels, but if so I did not realize it (this is only my second time playing Scenario 16 - I didn't use Wunpuko the first time - and I don't believe Wunpuko begins with those advantages in Scenarios 17 and 19). The engineers are focusing on airfield construction. A Jap BB was spotted not far from Wunpuko, possibly heading to L'ville. No Allied shipping at L'ville right now. I've sent the merchants at Efete back to Noumea.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 27
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/17/2005 6:05:51 PM   
Canoerebel

7/14/42 - Jap combat TFs are prancing about the Pacific unchecked. Two hit PM and one hit Efete this turn. Sadly, DM Preble had the misfortune of making a mine laying run to Efete... The Japs have crippled the air fields at Efete (where there is just a PBY squadron) and PM, but otherwise aren't accomplishing anything substantial. John may be using the raids as decoys, hoping to draw out my warships, but right now I'm content to let him use fuel and incur some wear and tear. Kincaid's TF is moving from Rockhampton to Townsville. A couple of merchants are zig-zagging south of PM awaiting the "all clear" so that they can head into port and unload. A FT convoy (one CA and about 8 DDs) is landing more engineers at Wunpuko tonight. Hopefully they won't encounter Haruna and the Boys.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 28
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/17/2005 9:03:57 PM   
Canoerebel

7/16/42 - Lady Haruna was not present and the Japs have been quiet the past two turns. Both sides lost a couple of small ships to subs. FT groups are taking 6th Seabees and supplies to Kourakouratopa. Reinforcing Wunpuko with part of 186th Regiment via Dakota. Kincaid's TF is heading to PM to (hopefully) allow the merchants to unload. Shifted additional fighter squadrons to PM to (hopefully) provide cover. No sight of the Jap CVs yet, but I'm sure John is anxious to unleash them.

Just after finishing the preceding paragraph, I received the new turn file from John with this comment: "Let the games begin!!!" I hope Kincaid didn't walk into a hornet's nest.....

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 4/17/2005 9:08:29 PM >

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 29
RE: The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective - 4/17/2005 10:05:46 PM   
Canoerebel

6/17/42 - Kincaid DID walk into hornet's nest face first, but it really wasn't his fault. The commander miscalculated the date of Kincaid's arrival at PM (I thought it would take parts of two days rather than one). Thus Kincaid arrived in port, but I hadn't put up CAP yet. Bad things then began cascading (as Michael Crichton puts it in "Airframe"). The Jap CVs slipped between GG and Australia (Allied recon failed miserably). Jap naval and land-based bombers then feasted on Kincaid's unprotected ships. To this point, CA Salt Lake City is the only ship sunk, but three or four other CLs and DDs suffered moderate to severe damage. I've left them in PM and bolstered the CAP. The undamaged DDs (some ten) have been ordered to make a run to Cairns where there is newly augmented CAP. A DMS and a CL have been ordered to steam SW from PM to no-man's-land, hoping that they will somehow be able to avoid detection and destruction. At this point, the damage hasn't been all that great. Too, the Jap naval air has suffered some losses. But the next turn or two will really tell the story. If John sticks around, he can decimate the American surface ships in the area before my CVs are available (the last two are 12 days out). Jap surface TF is not far from Cairns. I'm not sure what it is doing or where it is going. Here is the day's unhappy combat report:

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 07/17/42

Weather: Rain

Night Time Surface Combat at 13,46

Japanese Ships
CL Sendai
CL Isuzu
CL Natori
CL Yura
DD Yamagumo
DD Minegumo
DD Arare
DD Hibiki
DD Shirakumo
DD Ayanami

Allied Ships
AP Moreton Bay, Shell hits 39, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk (Moreton Bay was at sea, well SE of PM, don't know how the Japs managed to end up in the same hex ).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on 144th Regiment, at 8,35

Allied aircraft
Beaufort x 9

Allied aircraft losses
Beaufort x 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
Men lost 11

Attacking Level Bombers:
3 x Beaufort at 2000 feet
6 x Beaufort at 2000 feet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF at 10,51

Allied aircraft
A-20B Havoc x 14

Allied aircraft losses
A-20B Havoc x 1 destroyed
A-20B Havoc x 13 damaged

Japanese Ships
DD Minegumo
DD Arare
CL Yura

Attacking Level Bombers:
2 x A-20B Havoc at 1000 feet
4 x A-20B Havoc at 1000 feet
4 x A-20B Havoc at 1000 feet
3 x A-20B Havoc at 1000 feet

Allied aircraft
Hudson x 14

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson x 18 damaged

Japanese Ships
CL Isuzu, Shell hits 4, Bomb hits 1
CL Yura
CL Sendai

Attacking Level Bombers:
3 x Hudson at 100 feet
3 x Hudson at 100 feet
4 x Hudson at 100 feet
4 x Hudson at 100 feet

Air attack on TF, near Port Moresby at 10,40

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 39

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty x 8 destroyed
G4M1 Betty x 43 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Case, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
CL Phoenix
CA Salt Lake City, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
CL Achillies, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
DD Lamson, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
CL Honolulu

Attacking Level Bombers:
3 x G4M1 Betty at 200 feet
2 x G4M1 Betty at 200 feet
4 x G4M1 Betty at 200 feet
1 x G4M1 Betty at 200 feet

Allied aircraft
A-20B Havoc x 5

Allied aircraft losses
A-20B Havoc x 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
CL Natori
CL Isuzu

Attacking Level Bombers:
3 x A-20B Havoc at 1000 feet
2 x A-20B Havoc at 1000 feet

Allied aircraft
Hudson x 3

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson x 4 damaged

Japanese Ships
CL Sendai

Attacking Level Bombers:
3 x Hudson at 100 feet

Japanese aircraft
B5N Kate x 29

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N Kate x 1 destroyed
B5N Kate x 1 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Case, on fire, heavy damage
CA Salt Lake City, on fire, heavy damage

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 12
G4M1 Betty x 3

no losses

Attacking Level Bombers:

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 31
D3A Val x 44
B5N Kate x 24

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A Val x 2 destroyed
D3A Val x 15 damaged
B5N Kate x 2 destroyed
B5N Kate x 2 damaged

Allied Ships
CL Honolulu, Bomb hits 3, on fire
DD Stockton
DD Conyngham
CL Achillies, Bomb hits 1, on fire
DD Balch
DD Grayson
CL Phoenix

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 4/17/2005 10:10:33 PM >

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> After Action Reports >> The Copperas Bowl: Allied Perspective Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI