Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

bewildered yet amazed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> bewildered yet amazed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
bewildered yet amazed - 6/25/2000 4:59:00 AM   
TreadHead

hi folks i just found out about spwaw last night. i was talking to a pal about how much fun we used to have playing steel panthers years ago and stumbled upon this site via search engine. i have 5 hours to go downloading the game from TGN. i am excited and delighted that the game is downloadable for free, and from what i have seen so far, it looks to be simply terrific. my small circle of friends and i are somewhat bewildered at how such a detailed game that is as time consuming to develop as this could be offered at no charge to everyone patient enough for the long download. most are asking "whats the catch?" i am the proverbial "gineau pig" here. i am basically downloading the game for all of us to check it out first, then burn copies for the rest. could someone please enlighten us on what motivated a company to assign a development team to a project that takes over a year to develop only to recieve nothing but thankful emails from the gamers who enjoy it. just curious....and thank you for doing it!!!!

Post #: 1
- 6/25/2000 5:44:00 AM   
Tombstone

The 'catch' is that you're gonna get sucked in. Tomo

(in reply to TreadHead)
Post #: 2
- 6/25/2000 5:55:00 AM   
Spunkgibbon

Yeah, and the price is your soul. Or your marriage. Or both.

------------------------- "There is nothing more exhilarating than being shot at without result" - Winston Churchill

(in reply to TreadHead)
Post #: 3
- 6/25/2000 6:07:00 AM   
Oberbefehlshaber

It is like heroin ......only legal! The first three are free .... ------------------ "Ahead of you lies battle. That means just one thing. You can't afford to be a goddamned fool, because, in battle, fools mean dead men." General George S. Patton

(in reply to TreadHead)
Post #: 4
- 6/25/2000 7:57:00 AM   
troopie

The motivation is: This is the SP game the development team has always wanted. troopie Welcome to the war effort.

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to TreadHead)
Post #: 5
- 6/25/2000 8:08:00 AM   
Dean Robb

quote:

Originally posted by troopie: The motivation is: This is the SP game the development team has always wanted.
The next game will cost $150 a copy, but you'll be helpless to resist. The subliminal messages (and you thought they were just banner ads. HAH!) will see to that!

Job Security: Being a Micro$oft lawyer...

(in reply to TreadHead)
Post #: 6
- 6/25/2000 8:09:00 AM   
Dean Robb

quote:

Originally posted by Dean Robb: The next game will cost $150 a copy, but you'll be helpless to resist. The subliminal messages (and you thought they were just banner ads. HAH!) will see to that!
See what happens when you have us hanging around the Matrix site with time on our hands????!!!!???

Job Security: Being a Micro$oft lawyer...

(in reply to TreadHead)
Post #: 7
- 6/25/2000 9:01:00 AM   
Oberbefehlshaber

You vill pay the $150.....you vill pay the $150..... .....this game is the best damn thing you can do with your clothes on !!! ------------------ "Ahead of you lies battle. That means just one thing. You can't afford to be a goddamned fool, because, in battle, fools mean dead men." General George S. Patton

(in reply to TreadHead)
Post #: 8
- 6/25/2000 9:31:00 AM   
Wild Bill

You guys crack me up! Yes Treadhead, we want you to get to know us, what we are about and where we are going. Eventually, we would like to have some of your money...not much, just a little But before we do that, we want you to know that we are for real. We just don't want to walk up and say, "Hi, we are from Matrix. Would you give us $40? (Not $150, Dean, but I like the sound of it ) And Ober..Ober..I can't spell that! I can't even say it! You sound like a man after my own heart! WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to TreadHead)
Post #: 9
- 6/25/2000 9:44:00 AM   
TreadHead

well thanks guys like i said i was just curious 20 mins left of dloading. been going since last night. i live in maine we just got phone lines up here i figure cable modems will be here by the next millenium. later thanx

(in reply to TreadHead)
Post #: 10
- 6/25/2000 8:23:00 PM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by TreadHead: i live in maine we just got phone lines up here i figure cable modems will be here by the next millenium. later
So you'll have one in 6 months ? Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to TreadHead)
Post #: 11
- 6/26/2000 7:52:00 AM   
defenseman

'Morning Guys! As we speak, I'm downloading the patch at a spritely 60K/sec and I feel like screaming like Elizibeth Taylor standing in front of a microwave..."HURRY, HURRY!!!" Seriously, after I take my sons back to their mom, referee two hockey games and then clean the mess that my sons made of my apartment, I'll load the patch and finish at least one of the jobs I've already started on SPWAW. That being taking out a couple of Mause (sorry, can't find the oomlaut key!) with infantry assaults! If I can stay on schedule today, this ought to be about midnight Central time, USA. My thanks to David Heath, Paul Webber, Wild Bill, the Art Guys, and all the other ever vigilant souls at Matrix that have put together a FANTASTIC game! I really reminds of the days of yesteryear gaming. Gives you all the fun of the old days (SL, ASL, Ogre/GEV, Foxbat & Phantom, Starship Troopers, etc.) without the headaches of physical counter management. Trust me when I say you Matrix folks won't have ANY problem getting me to open my wallet...Once you guys WISE UP!!! and start charging for a wonderful piece of programming! PS: WB, when you walk up to me and give me your "Hi, we're from Matrix. Will you give us $40?" speech, make sure you're wearing your 'Will Wargame for Food' placard so I'll know who you are! ------------------ Sincerely, The Defenseman "Offense wins battles, but defense wins wars"

Sincerely, The Defenseman "Offense wins battles, but defense wins wars"

(in reply to TreadHead)
Post #: 12
- 6/26/2000 8:45:00 AM   
Alastair at Work

Believe me, Treadhead - once you play the game you'll be hooked and life will never seem the same... When you see this game you will feel like every wargaming dream has come true all at once with very little left wanting, and anything that is left out of the game is sure to be under consideration by this great team at Matrix. To all at Matrix - well done. You are making a generally happy man even happier. Cheers Al

(in reply to TreadHead)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> bewildered yet amazed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI