Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gas attacks and report intervals

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Gas attacks and report intervals Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gas attacks and report intervals - 4/23/2005 8:01:33 PM   
AlvinS

During a PBEM one of my units, while moving to its destination was attacked with chemicals. After saying "gas, gas, gas, and losing one runner, it continued to move towards its destination. The next turn, the headquarters unit for this group merrily drove into the gas cloud and was completly destroyed.

My question is this. Does the report interval have anything to do with this? I generally keep my report intervals to 3 hours to keep the radio traffic down. After a unit is gassed, should I manually tell it to report so that other units are aware, or is this not modeled in this game. I was not paying attention to the fact that the HQ unit had waypoints that would lead it through the gas cloud.

After a gas attack, in which a unit is involved and some survive, this info should be passed on to warn other units to avoid this area for x amount of time.

< Message edited by AlvinS -- 5/10/2005 3:10:14 AM >

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS
Post #: 1
RE: Gas attacks and report intervals - 4/24/2005 6:17:52 AM   
CapnDarwin

AlvinS,

I have had similar issues with the AI at times. I have had the move into gas cloud (and minefields, both known), move out of cover into bad guys (from arty attack), the "Arty Shuffle" where a unit gets clocked by arty, plots a move out, gets hit, plots a move, repeat until unit is crushed. These issues have be brought up to Rob here and in the Development Forum. Rob is planning on addressing more AI tweaks/enhancements for 103. I'm sure he'll jump in here to and clarify things.

S!

Cap'n D

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 2
RE: Gas attacks and report intervals - 5/10/2005 3:12:41 AM   
AlvinS

quote:

Rob is planning on addressing more AI tweaks/enhancements for 103. I'm sure he'll jump in here to and clarify things.

Just a bump so its not forgotten. The more I play this game, the more I love it.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

AlvinS

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Gas attacks and report intervals - 5/10/2005 4:25:13 AM   
CapnDarwin

It is not forgotten. It is one of the things on my list with Rob.

S!

Cap'n D

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 4
RE: Gas attacks and report intervals - 5/10/2005 5:07:02 AM   
AlvinS

Thank you.

AlvinS

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Gas attacks and report intervals Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI