Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questino for David!!!! AI question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Questino for David!!!! AI question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questino for David!!!! AI question - 4/26/2005 3:40:19 AM   
NFLRules

Long time lurker on both forums. This question is for David!

1. David, how is the AI overall. I have an understanding of how it works on both forums, but can it easily be exploited like Madden football or NFL 2k? I know this game is not a console, but I am just curious. Even a lot of the text sims can be easily exploited very easily after just a couple of plays. Im hoping this game does not fall into that boat.

2. Your main website has had not updates since Jan 11th. I know your busy, but should you not update your main web page to synch with what is all going on, I almost thought this game was abandoned just because you had no post on your main site.

3. Im looking very much to this game, however, with Madden 06 and Madden Next gen both coming out during this coming NFL season, you may lose and I know of several others interest in this game. Do you not worry about how pumped up a lot of people were for this game and after several delays, you have lost some following. Many feel like this game will be a wash.

Im not bashing you by no means, I think this is great what you are doing as a lone progammer, but a lot of us were really wanting this by Superbowl..

Again this is for David or Matrix.
Post #: 1
RE: Questino for David!!!! AI question - 4/26/2005 4:32:13 AM   
David Winter

quote:

1. David, how is the AI overall. I have an understanding of how it works on both forums, but can it easily be exploited like Madden football or NFL 2k? I know this game is not a console, but I am just curious. Even a lot of the text sims can be easily exploited very easily after just a couple of plays. Im hoping this game does not fall into that boat.

The AI relies heavily on the user creating the plays and coaching profiles. The better you create your coaching profile (meaning the more detailed) the better the AI should be. The game will ship with a three or four playbooks (based on what gets done in time from the testers) and a few hundred plays. That will give you a fairly good starting point on which to build.

quote:

2. Your main website has had not updates since Jan 11th. I know your busy, but should you not update your main web page to synch with what is all going on, I almost thought this game was abandoned just because you had no post on your main site.

I really don't make updates unless there are significant events. I don't post updates for ever little thing I do or that's all I'd be doing.

quote:

3. Im looking very much to this game, however, with Madden 06 and Madden Next gen both coming out during this coming NFL season, you may lose and I know of several others interest in this game. Do you not worry about how pumped up a lot of people were for this game and after several delays, you have lost some following. Many feel like this game will be a wash.

I'm not worried at all. This game and Madden have nothing in common with one another. If people want console/arcade they've got Madden. If people want something a bit more cerebral, they've got Maximum-Football.

quote:

Im not bashing you by no means, I think this is great what you are doing as a lone progammer, but a lot of us were really wanting this by Superbowl..

This was intended to be released for Superbowl (actually before), however additional features are being added that required some more time.

(in reply to NFLRules)
Post #: 2
RE: Questino for David!!!! AI question - 4/26/2005 1:15:17 PM   
NFLRules

Thank you David!! I appreciate it.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: Questino for David!!!! AI question - 4/26/2005 6:42:24 PM   
redfox000

quote:

ORIGINAL: NFLRules

Again this is for David or Matrix.

I know what you mean. I ended up buying FOF2004 and now am hooked on it. This game will have to surpass that for me to purchase it.

(in reply to NFLRules)
Post #: 4
RE: Questino for David!!!! AI question - 4/26/2005 7:46:20 PM   
NFLRules

I have FOF2004, I play it a lot, but it lacks something to keep my interest for very long. I put it away for a few weeks play it for a little while and put it away again.

Im hoping this game fills that what FOF2004 lacks.

(in reply to redfox000)
Post #: 5
RE: Questino for David!!!! AI question - 4/26/2005 10:07:52 PM   
David Winter

What do you think FOF lacks?

(in reply to NFLRules)
Post #: 6
RE: Questino for David!!!! AI question - 4/27/2005 12:21:29 AM   
NFLRules

I will rephrase what I said a little bit. I think it lacks in areas and has too much in others. It obviously lacks the graphics. "Text Game", but it would be nice to see the plays develop on field, which I know your game can do. Without being able to watch that even from a x's and O's perspective you do not feel like your actually coaching the game, even though you have the option of calling the plays. You just do not feel like your coaching. It lacks that feeling like your a part of the game. Football Pro series gave you that feeling, like you were a part of the game.

I also feel like FOF has too much. I really do not care about setting ticket prices etc or even player contracts. I like career mode, watching players develop as seasons go by and the stats.

Im a huge football fan. As a football fan, I care about watching the games, looking at the stats, I really do not care about ticket prices, Scouts, etc. Football Mogul you can even set concession prices. Do people really care about setting prices for a soda and popcorn? LOL.. Just for me, give me the meat and potatoes. I really do not like all of the side dishes.

Post #: 7
RE: Questino for David!!!! AI question - 4/27/2005 2:31:46 AM   
GlennN

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

What do you think FOF lacks?

I used to enjoy FOF also, but it just loses something not being able to actually see the players on the field, and control the action, like the FBPro series. Actually, I thought TPF was better than FOF, but neither fills my football need. I still await MaxFB patiently!

Post #: 8
RE: Questino for David!!!! AI question - 4/27/2005 7:00:18 AM   
Chicago Paytons

I agree 100% with both NFLRules and GlennN. The central and most important thing about a football simulation is the game itself. To paraphase Lombardi, "The game is not the thing, it is the only thing." Both FOF and TPF totally missed this key element (sorry, no pun intended). I feel that that the old "NFL Challenge" game from the late '80s, with Xs and Os literally running around the field as the players, held my interest longer and was just plain more fun than either FOF or TPF. That's why I too am willing to wait for however long it takes to finish this game and finish it right.

(in reply to GlennN)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Questino for David!!!! AI question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI