Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SmackW32.dll error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SmackW32.dll error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SmackW32.dll error - 6/25/2000 5:10:00 PM   
Spearman

I must have done something wrong with the patch. I keep getting a SmackW32.dll error indicating that the file is not loading on start up. Anybody else with the same problem. I tried to load a separate game so that i would have a 1.0 and a 2.0 version on my machine, could that be the problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Post #: 1
- 6/25/2000 5:52:00 PM   
Charles22

I believe I had something of the same problem, however, I was trying to download only the upgrade to make it version 2. Try what you did at another of the possible locations. My Matrix connection seemed to come up with what you described, so I then tried The Gamers Net one, there, and it's 25% through at present.

(in reply to Spearman)
Post #: 2
- 6/25/2000 6:19:00 PM   
David Heath

Guys make sure to install the patch into the same directory as SPWAW v1.0. That file is already in SPWAW v1.0

(in reply to Spearman)
Post #: 3
- 6/26/2000 9:08:00 AM   
Spearman

Thanks for the help. I did what you both suggested and all is fine with game. I also, as many others, can't say enough to thank David and all the others that have worked so hard for so long. You guys are amazing!

(in reply to Spearman)
Post #: 4
- 6/26/2000 4:30:00 PM   
Wittmann44

The install procedure creates a new subfolder [Steel Panthers World at War] underneath the current SP WAW 1.0 folder. This subfolder contains only the updated files from version 1.0 Smackw32.dll is in your original SP WAW 1.0 home directory, and can be copied over to the new subfolder. You should also copy over all the other files in the SP WAW 1.0 home directory, but when it asks if you want to overwrite the existing file, choose NO for each one (you would be replacing 2.0 files for 1.0 files). You also need to copy over all the snd files, shp files, lbm files, and the *.lbm in the [enc] directory. Again, choose NO if it asks you for overwrite. This will give you a functioning 2.0 game... Don't forget to copy the one DLL file in the system directory (WS2_32.DLL) from the 1.0 subfolder to the new 2.0 subfolder.

(in reply to Spearman)
Post #: 5
- 6/26/2000 9:25:00 PM   
Dean Robb

quote:

Originally posted by Wittmann44: The install procedure creates a new subfolder [Steel Panthers World at War] underneath the current SP WAW 1.0 folder. This subfolder contains only the updated files from version 1.0 Smackw32.dll is in your original SP WAW 1.0 home directory, and can be copied over to the new subfolder. You should also copy over all the other files in the SP WAW 1.0 home directory, but when it asks if you want to overwrite the existing file, choose NO for each one (you would be replacing 2.0 files for 1.0 files). You also need to copy over all the snd files, shp files, lbm files, and the *.lbm in the [enc] directory. Again, choose NO if it asks you for overwrite. This will give you a functioning 2.0 game... Don't forget to copy the one DLL file in the system directory (WS2_32.DLL) from the 1.0 subfolder to the new 2.0 subfolder.
Um...actually, just delete "Steel Panthers World at War" from the drive/directory line in the 'browse' dialogue box. When you choose the v1 install location, the installer will append the "Steel...War" to the location string. Delete it, leaving only the v1 location and move on happily.

Job Security: Being a Micro$oft lawyer...

(in reply to Spearman)
Post #: 6
- 6/27/2000 7:21:00 AM   
Charles22

Actually, I don't know what y'all are talking about. Whenever I get a zip file, and it contains nothing but one executable file, which was the upgrade, I let the executable rip and see what happens. It seems to play fine, and I've seen some differences in the game, and I haven't had to switch files around. Is it posssible that the executable file did all the work needed?

(in reply to Spearman)
Post #: 7
- 6/27/2000 10:20:00 AM   
Dean Robb

quote:

Originally posted by Charles22: around. Is it posssible that the executable file did all the work needed?
It does just fine if you installed v1 in the default directory. For those of us who installed it into a custom directory, you gotta modify the patch installer's directory options.

Job Security: Being a Micro$oft lawyer...

(in reply to Spearman)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SmackW32.dll error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI