Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

missing .dll file

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> missing .dll file Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
missing .dll file - 6/26/2000 4:00:00 PM   
McGib

Just installed V2.0 and was told that I'm missing smackw32.dll file. V1.0 still works. Anyone got any ideas?

Ready Aye Ready
Post #: 1
- 6/26/2000 4:09:00 PM   
Warhorse

Did you make sure it didn't just make another SPWAW directory within the original? Just wondered, it did for me?! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 2
- 6/26/2000 4:17:00 PM   
Wittmann44

Smackw32.dll is located in your original SP WAW directory. The install program actually creates a new subdirectory Steel Panthers World at War within the original 1.0 version directory. You must copy all the files in the root over to the new 2.0 directory. You must also take all the snd files, shp files, lbm files, and *.lbm in the enc folder from your 1.0 folder to the new 2.0 subfolder of the same name. Some files will ask if you want to overwrite file xxx with file yyy. Choose 'no' for each one, since you are not replacing the 2.0 files with 1.0 files.

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 3
- 6/26/2000 4:26:00 PM   
Voriax

quote:

Originally posted by Wittmann44: Smackw32.dll is located in your original SP WAW directory. The install program actually creates a new subdirectory Steel Panthers World at War within the original 1.0 version directory. You must copy all the files in the root over to the new 2.0 directory. You must also take all the snd files, shp files, lbm files, and *.lbm in the enc folder from your 1.0 folder to the new 2.0 subfolder of the same name. Some files will ask if you want to overwrite file xxx with file yyy. Choose 'no' for each one, since you are not replacing the 2.0 files with 1.0 files.
WHAT? Just tell the patch installer the root directory of your SPWAW game, let it do it's job, reboot, wipe the steel.prf file and play. No further copying is needed. Voriax ps. If the default install dir in the Ver 1.0 is different than the default install dir in the patch and you accepted both then I guess something described above may happen.

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 4
- 6/26/2000 4:33:00 PM   
Infanterie

quote:

Originally posted by Wittmann44: The install program actually creates a new subdirectory Steel Panthers World at War within the original 1.0 version directory.
Yes, that can go unnoticed and the patch installs in wrong directory - I did that myself but saw the clitch in time. *yawn* Got to get some sleep, tomorrow will be a fresh day to try the new version out, straight after work... SPWAW makes me heart go yonder!

"The bravery of being out of range..."

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 5
- 6/26/2000 4:33:00 PM   
Wittmann44

Yes, Voriax, the install proceedure is only set to work if you installed with the default directory on the original SP WAW 1.0; since I never install in default directories, I got a separate subfolder under the first.

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 6
- 6/26/2000 5:25:00 PM   
Voriax

quote:

Originally posted by Wittmann44: Yes, Voriax, the install proceedure is only set to work if you installed with the default directory on the original SP WAW 1.0; since I never install in default directories, I got a separate subfolder under the first.
Funny as I also did not use the default directories. All worked fine for me when I changed the directory in the installer. I got no extra directories, except a second (empty) lbm directory. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 7
- 6/26/2000 5:30:00 PM   
McGib

Thanks gents, I got it working dang hidden files!

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 8
- 6/26/2000 7:48:00 PM   
Wild Bill

It sounds like you loaded the version separately, instead of on top of the version 1.0 At any rate, if you are up and running, I am glad...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 9
- 6/26/2000 9:12:00 PM   
Dean Robb

quote:

Originally posted by Wittmann44: Yes, Voriax, the install proceedure is only set to work if you installed with the default directory on the original SP WAW 1.0; since I never install in default directories, I got a separate subfolder under the first.
I did the same thing, then realized what had happened. When you choose the non-default directory, it will place that drive and directory (ie: D:\SPWAW) in the text line and then APPEND the default directory name, giving in my case D:\SPWAW\Steel...War. Simply delete the "Steel...War" part, leaving the drive and directory and click next. Installs and runs like a champ.

Job Security: Being a Micro$oft lawyer...

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> missing .dll file Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI