Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

This one is a sleeper

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles In Italy >> This one is a sleeper Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This one is a sleeper - 5/12/2005 6:54:17 AM   
scout1

Guys,

Just checking out the AAR on the SSG website and the screenshots, this game will be a sleeper. The Italian campaign wasn't the most action packed-fasted pace theater, but the features added for this release (ESPECIALLY the map size), will make this one a real hit. Particularly as the custom scenarios come out. Here's one that will give ACOW a run for its money. And frankly, likely to be much more playable than the monster East Front game that 2x3 will be putting out in a year or so.
This one is one to watch
Post #: 1
RE: This one is a sleeper - 5/12/2005 5:09:15 PM   
U2

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

Guys,

Just checking out the AAR on the SSG website and the screenshots, this game will be a sleeper. The Italian campaign wasn't the most action packed-fasted pace theater, but the features added for this release (ESPECIALLY the map size), will make this one a real hit. Particularly as the custom scenarios come out. Here's one that will give ACOW a run for its money. And frankly, likely to be much more playable than the monster East Front game that 2x3 will be putting out in a year or so.
This one is one to watch

The East Front game from 2by3 will be THE wargame to have. I have waited for a remake for 12 years...and counting.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 2
RE: This one is a sleeper - 5/12/2005 5:11:19 PM   
Otto20000

A sleeper? I would say that the allies had a harder time in Italy than Normandy. Anzio was so very close it could really go either way. In Normandy the allies had over powering forces and the germans really had no way throw them back into the sea. I would say BII will be more balanced and more of a challege.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 3
RE: This one is a sleeper - 5/12/2005 5:34:18 PM   
Otto20000

I thought I read some where back when KP was coming out that SSG would do an eastern front game covering the whole front. Anybody heard anything?

(in reply to Otto20000)
Post #: 4
RE: This one is a sleeper - 5/12/2005 6:01:11 PM   
U2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Otto20000

I thought I read some where back when KP was coming out that SSG would do an eastern front game covering the whole front. Anybody heard anything?

Once they have released tons of Decisive Battles for all of us to enjoy and for them to make money out of I think that was the answer given. I might be wrong though...

(in reply to Otto20000)
Post #: 5
RE: This one is a sleeper - 5/12/2005 7:53:36 PM   
cabron66

quote:

ORIGINAL: U2

quote:

Guys,

This one is one to watch

The East Front game from 2by3 will be THE wargame to have. I have waited for a remake for 12 years...and counting.

Is that something we can watch for here on the Matrix forums? What is it about the game that makes it so awaitable?

Cheers

Paul

(in reply to U2)
Post #: 6
RE: This one is a sleeper - 5/12/2005 8:05:42 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

This one is one to watch

We expect that Battles in Italy will not just be a sleeper hit, but that by looking through the info on it pre-release it will be a hit from the first day. The Decisive Battles series are really at the highest level of wargaming quality in design, gameplay and AI - as good, in my obviously unbiased opinion, as any wargames ever released and scaling to accomodate even the most skilled players.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 7
RE: This one is a sleeper - 5/13/2005 1:19:56 AM   
scout1

quote:

We expect that Battles in Italy will not just be a sleeper hit, but that by looking through the info on it pre-release it will be a hit from the first day. The Decisive Battles series are really at the highest level of wargaming quality in design, gameplay and AI - as good, in my obviously unbiased opinion, as any wargames ever released and scaling to accomodate even the most skilled players.

I can see I wasn't clear in what I was saying ...... Yes, the Decisive Battle Series is a challenging and fun game(s) (though I don't own KP). But rather than just being this game or that game, these are really gaming systems (similar to ACOW). Each can be mod'd to create just about any battle, with some limitations. BiN for example could have custom scenarios made that makes it behave like an upgraded KP. So BiN expanded what the series was creatable into. BII is doing another expanation in addition. There are new features that were not possible before. But IMHO, the true strength of BII is the map size. Entire theatres can be created and played (heck I may have to break down and learn the editor for either an Atlantic Wall or Sealion scenario... with lots of help from the pro's ). ACOW was a very adaptable system that basically grew from the large user community creating custom scenarios since the sky was virtually the limit. The DB series I believe will enter this realm with the expansion of the playable map area to allow ALOT more options for scenarios. I'm not saying that BII won't be enjoyable as is, just that the strength of it is what it CAN become down the road. In frankness, I really wasn't tat interested in the upcoming release until I recognized the future possibilities. For that, I'm on board.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: This one is a sleeper - 5/13/2005 2:27:52 AM   
Fred98

The great feature about this game system is the way info is displayed.

Board games displayed info as best they could. But had limitations. Many computer wargames have hardly gone beyond displaying info this way.

This game has a series of hot keys. Each piece of info can be displayed right across the map and displayed in such a manner that you can absorb it quickly and the use it to make decisions.

Its a terrific engine.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles In Italy >> This one is a sleeper Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI