Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does supply convoy bug effect AI?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Does supply convoy bug effect AI? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does supply convoy bug effect AI? - 5/14/2005 9:50:23 AM   
rkr

With this trouble about automatic supply convoys not forming properly, does this mean that AI can not supply it's bases? If this is the case there's no point in playing against AI with 1.5 version. Just wondering before I'll decide to start a long campaign.

If some is good, and more is better, then too much is just right!
Post #: 1
RE: Does supply convoy bug effect AI? - 5/14/2005 10:14:38 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rkr

With this trouble about automatic supply convoys not forming properly, does this mean that AI can not supply it's bases? If this is the case there's no point in playing against AI with 1.5 version. Just wondering before I'll decide to start a long campaign.

Doesn´t effect AI!

(in reply to rkr)
Post #: 2
RE: Does supply convoy bug effect AI? - 5/14/2005 10:15:16 AM   
Platoonist

Not at all. The AI doesn't use auto convoy, it uses computer control, completely different routine. The auto convoy is a player aid (although many will debate the aid level)

Quoted directly from Mr. Frag himself. Good luck.

(in reply to rkr)
Post #: 3
RE: Does supply convoy bug effect AI? - 5/14/2005 10:19:59 AM   
Fallschirmjager

This is still broken?

They should completly remove the option from the game. What was supossed to be helpful actual will no more harm if you try and use it.
I wonder how many newbies have tried using it without coming for the forums first and gotten frustrated with the game as a whole?

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 4
RE: Does supply convoy bug effect AI? - 5/14/2005 10:34:08 AM   
Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

This is still broken?

That's kind of the irony of the situation. It never worked well...but it worked well enough that some players put up with it's flaws to some extent and even came to rely on it. However as of 1.5 auto-convoy seems to have broken down completely tho. Apparently fixing the bug that caused certain ships to disappear caused it's demise. One step forward....you know the rest.

Welcome back by the way.

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 5
RE: Does supply convoy bug effect AI? - 5/14/2005 1:16:17 PM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

This is still broken?

That's kind of the irony of the situation. It never worked well...but it worked well enough that some players put up with it's flaws to some extent and even came to rely on it. However as of 1.5 auto-convoy seems to have broken down completely tho. Apparently fixing the bug that caused certain ships to disappear caused it's demise. One step forward....you know the rest.

Welcome back by the way.

Humm I'm not seeing any problems through the one where I play japan was a 1.50 over 1.40, auto convoys busy moving oil/resources.

To a lesser extent, supplies/fuel but I'm moving manually much of what I need anyway to the important points..

Also i've never had every base set ON, only certain points, I think if try to have it do too much it has a nervous breakdown

In my 1.50 fresh start as allies, not seen anything not working yet but I've only just started that..

Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 6
RE: Does supply convoy bug effect AI? - 5/14/2005 3:48:31 PM   
Twotribes

There is a difference between setting auto convoy and putting individual task forces under computer control on set runs. Or so I was lead to believe. On auto convoy, you expect the AI to pick ports that need supply and oil, to create the task forces , load them and send them on their way to this ports. When you manually load and then assign a route for a task force and then click on Computer run, all that th AI has to do is move to the port, unload, return to homeport, load and head back to destination. You made all the critical decisions, you decided route, you decided cargo, you decided size of task force. The AI doesnt need to make those decisions and it doesnt care what the supply or fuel level is at the destination either.

(in reply to Cmdrcain)
Post #: 7
RE: Does supply convoy bug effect AI? - 5/15/2005 12:23:05 AM   
Fallschirmjager

I always found it best to let the AI run as little of the war as possible.

Auto-Convoy as far as I remembered was created to get supplies to bases low on supply.
It was a complete disaster and I stopped using it before even the first patch came out.

What others are describing has been here since UV.
You can create a task force and set it to run back and forth between two spots. That system works well and as pretty useful.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 8
RE: Does supply convoy bug effect AI? - 5/15/2005 8:56:09 AM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

There is a difference between setting auto convoy and putting individual task forces under computer control on set runs. Or so I was lead to believe. On auto convoy, you expect the AI to pick ports that need supply and oil, to create the task forces , load them and send them on their way to this ports. When you manually load and then assign a route for a task force and then click on Computer run, all that th AI has to do is move to the port, unload, return to homeport, load and head back to destination. You made all the critical decisions, you decided route, you decided cargo, you decided size of task force. The AI doesnt need to make those decisions and it doesnt care what the supply or fuel level is at the destination either.

I am using auto convoy , not simply setting up CS
taskforces.

I also manually send fleets.

I just don't have alot of ports with auto convoy ON
only certain ones.

Such like Palembang, Soerabaja, and other Oil/Resource ports there are auto convoys formed up and getting resources/oil.

Thats the playing Japan one, started 1.40 with 1.50 patched and the save from 1.40 continued in use.

As I said, a fresh 1.50 game playing allies I've only jus started.

Will see how it goes in a fresh one.

Fuel and Supplies i prefer to manually or CS move.

Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Does supply convoy bug effect AI? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI