Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Paralyzed units - bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Paralyzed units - bug? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Paralyzed units - bug? - 6/26/2000 6:59:00 PM   
Calvin

First of all, a thousand sincere thanks. I got a lousy cold today, and when not nappin', I'm having a blast with SPWAW 2.0! To think I play this FREE game more than most of the ones that cost me 40 beans! My problem is that I've noticed (with the new patch) that some units are mysteriously paralyzed. I've checked command link, damage, supression, immobilization--- nothing wrong there. So what's up? Any general ideas? Anything I might have missed? So far, it's just vehicles that do this. All input appreciated!

Post #: 1
- 6/26/2000 7:11:00 PM   
Spunkgibbon

Have you got Command & Control turned on in your preferences? I forgot about that after deleting my old preferences file and wondered why nothing would move.

------------------------- "There is nothing more exhilarating than being shot at without result" - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Calvin)
Post #: 2
- 6/26/2000 7:39:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Two things. 1. As I mentioned earlier, have you deleted your steel.prf file from the save directory. If not you need to do that. 2. Command control and unit setting. If the unit is set to defend, it probably won't move. If command control is on, and it is out of range of its commander, it won't move. Now I'm not attacking, just reminding, the manual covers many of these points. See if these ideas help you, Calvin...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Calvin)
Post #: 3
- 6/26/2000 7:53:00 PM   
Calvin

Gents, Yes, tried them all. I assume that to change the unit objective, I simply right click on the unit, then click on the setting? In any case, the unit is set to "advance," moves are listed in the lower left hand corner window, and command link is listed as in contact. Also, there is a number for moves. In this state, if I turn off "command link," yes, the unit moves, but why does it suddenly move when it was already listed as in contact? I like to use everything at the highest realism settings, but this screwed up the scenario as I couldn't get my tanks where they were supposed to be. After turning off command link, they moved (again, they had always been listed as in contact) but all this mess caused me to throw them in piecemeal with predictable results. Anyway, no big deal. Still a fantastic game. Calvin

(in reply to Calvin)
Post #: 4
- 6/26/2000 9:06:00 PM   
Dean Robb

quote:

Originally posted by Calvin: After turning off command link, they moved (again, they had always been listed as in contact) but all this mess caused me to throw them in piecemeal with predictable results.
The manual goes into greater detail, but command control governs the use of "orders". Each command unit has a number of orders each turn (modified by various things). When it's out of orders, any of the subordinate units that haven't moved; can't. It's such a pain to work with that a large number of us just turn it off. We figure that our troops have enough initiative to move without the LT having to tell them to .

Job Security: Being a Micro$oft lawyer...

(in reply to Calvin)
Post #: 5
- 6/27/2000 9:06:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

If you keep your units together and use objectives properly you should not have to tell individual units where to go. The LT only has to tell them where to go if you don't them moving toward the objective. If you are moving each unit indivdually and alwaays running out of orders, then you aren't doing it right :-) Assign the whole unit an objectivena and keep them together and you won't run out of orders unless you get fancy!

(in reply to Calvin)
Post #: 6
- 6/27/2000 10:16:00 AM   
Dean Robb

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: Assign the whole unit an objectivena and keep them together and you won't run out of orders unless you get fancy!
Well, hell that's no fun! What's the use of being God if you can't micromanage your troops?

Job Security: Being a Micro$oft lawyer...

(in reply to Calvin)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Paralyzed units - bug? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI