Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

not able to D/L patche' from site!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> not able to D/L patche' from site!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 5/18/2005 2:40:29 AM   
watchtower

Hi Mr Frag ( I guess?)

Have just had to do a reinstall due to hard disk fail. Had all the patches up to 1.40 but for some dumb reason didn't save 1.50 on to CD.

Just tried to D/L it but got a standard page not found from the site. (sure that everythings ok this side but - as a new install I may have missed something - any ideas or is it the site?)

Regards Watchtower
Post #: 1
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 5/18/2005 2:54:53 AM   
watchtower

Not wanting to look desparate ( I am, I am) But see this post has had a few lookers, anyone wanna tell me if the d/l section is working ok? Thanks

(in reply to watchtower)
Post #: 2
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 5/18/2005 4:12:08 AM   
Erik Rutins

Just checked, it's working fine through the Games page for WitP, Downloads section. Double-check your firewall settings, etc., it's most likely on your end that it's being stopped.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to watchtower)
Post #: 3
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 5/18/2005 4:54:59 AM   
watchtower

Hi Erik,

Well I just disabled my firewall completely and same thing. A can't find page error.

Well frustrating as I very much wanted to start a new game as th IJN for the first time as for the first time in yonks I have a few nights off.

Regards

(in reply to watchtower)
Post #: 4
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 5/18/2005 5:13:27 AM   
watchtower

Also, I have tried loads of other sites and am downloading with no problems - Its just the D/L from your members page that will not play ball - on a right click on all WitP patch links I get a 'can't find server' message.

Regards

(in reply to watchtower)
Post #: 5
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 5/18/2005 5:15:17 AM   
SWODOG

I'm having the same problem....

Don't worry about the mice when the elephants are stomping on your head...

(in reply to watchtower)
Post #: 6
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 5/18/2005 5:21:16 AM   
Mr.Frag

email me at witp.help@gmail.com

(in reply to SWODOG)
Post #: 7
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 5/18/2005 5:37:25 AM   
Erik Rutins

Sorry, I didn't check the Members Page. We recently changed IPs, so it's possible something there wasn't updated.

I'm talking about the v1.50 download from the Games section. Click on the GAMES link above, then find WitP, then click on Downloads. We're going to make this easier to find.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 8
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 6/14/2005 7:37:57 AM   
madgamer2

I have had a related problem in that some website's will only use IE and not netscape. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I hate using IE but some websites will not work with netscape....am I alone on this one?

(in reply to watchtower)
Post #: 9
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 6/17/2005 9:14:12 AM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: madgamer

I have had a related problem in that some website's will only use IE and not netscape. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I hate using IE but some websites will not work with netscape....am I alone on this one?

If the site uses active-x to run things like download's netscape, firefox, nor mozilla may not work.

Same for other things they may use active-x for.

Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 10
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 6/21/2005 12:20:10 AM   
joliverlay

OK

Ive downloaded at the members site before.

Now 1. I dont see 1.57 listed.
2. I get an error message for all links on this page (site not available). Cant even download 1.52.

Since ive been here before with no problems I'm confused.

(in reply to Cmdrcain)
Post #: 11
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 6/21/2005 12:22:19 AM   
Mike Solli

Hmm. Just checked. It's still there.

(in reply to joliverlay)
Post #: 12
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 6/21/2005 5:30:37 AM   
joliverlay

OK
"Hmm. Just checked. It's still there"

Please be specific.

Are you referring to the members area??

I just logged into members area again. The only downloads shown were for 1.52 and lower (under digital download). None of the links worked and no 1.57.

Are you saying you got a different result from this specific link? If yes, something is wrong because I'm not the only one reporting this.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 13
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 6/21/2005 5:35:46 AM   
joliverlay

OK this is a copy of the page I get to from members area. Are others seing something different? As I said the links are "dead" . The error message when I click on the links is also given below. So please tell me how I download 1.57 or anything else please.

Digital Downloads : War In The Pacific
Note : Digital Downloads are for 'Digital' products only, and require a registered serial number.
Download War In The Pacific Beta Patch v.1.52
Version v.1.52 (9 JUN 2005)
ZIP Download WarInThePacific-Patch-v152.zip (2.23 mb)
Description This is a limited beta patch. This is not an official release. See WITP Forums for more details.

Download War In The Pacific Patch
Version v.1.50 (28 APR 2005)
EXE Download WarInThePacific-Patch-v150.exe (13.56 mb)
ZIP Download WarInThePacific-Patch-v150.zip (12.51 mb)
Description This update includes a large list of fixes and improvements, ranging from submarine operations to kamikaze use. In total 55 minor bugs were repaired by this patch. Along with the fixes come 25 new player requested features! The v1.50 update is available online as an incremental update that requires the previous installation of War in The Pacific 1.40

Download War In The Pacific Patch v.1.40
Version v.1.40 (14 DEC 2004)
EXE Download WarInThePacific-Patch-v140.exe (11.94 mb)
ZIP Download WarInThePacific-Patch-v140.zip (10.95 mb)
Description This update includes a large list of fixes and improvements, ranging from bug fixes involving zones of control to 15 different player requested features and over 40 corrections to database entries, such as misspelled unit names. With these 15 new player requested features and 10 bug fixes it is very important for every War In The Pacific player to download this patch. Patch v.130 must be installed first.

Download War In The Pacific Comprehensive Patch v.1.30
Version v.1.30 (2 NOV 2004)
ZIP Download WarInThePacific-ComprehensivePatch-v130.zip (77.14 mb)
TXT Download v130 Patch Readme.txt (0.57 kb)
Description This is the full update for all previous versions of War in the Pacific. No previous updates are necessary to install this update. This includes the updated sounds as well, for those players experiencing sound problems or crashes.

We recommend that all players update to this version.

Download War In The Pacific Patch v.1.30
Version v.1.30 (2 NOV 2004)
ZIP Download WarInThePacific-Patch-v130.zip (16.28 mb)
Description This is the incremenental update for players with no sound problems or crashes who have already updated their games to v1.21.

This is only intended for v1.21 installations with no sound issues or crashes.

NOW What I see when I click on a link is as follows:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error

(in reply to joliverlay)
Post #: 14
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 6/21/2005 6:06:28 AM   
Nomad

I can't answer your question but I am downloading the 1.57 patch as I type. I had no problem finding it.

(in reply to joliverlay)
Post #: 15
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 6/21/2005 6:41:41 AM   
Mr.Frag

Caching Proxy servers suck ... what more needs to be said ... you get what you pay for with Internet Service Providers these days. Basically they have an old copy of the content and are not picking up a refresh of the real page.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 16
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 6/21/2005 7:38:22 AM   
joliverlay

I assume the comment was in reference to my post (about service providers not updating).

Thing is, this does not seem to be a problem on other sites I go to. Do they pick and choose, or could it be something wrong with Explorer, etc.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 17
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 6/21/2005 8:54:42 AM   
Mr.Frag

All a function of how the page is built, since this place is asp based with a header, the inner page content doesn't always trigger the caching servers into knowing it's actually new content.

A lot of non-Microsoft proxys do not quite know how to deal with asp dynamic code.

(in reply to joliverlay)
Post #: 18
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 6/21/2005 7:49:50 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: joliverlay

OK
"Hmm. Just checked. It's still there"

Please be specific.

Are you referring to the members area??

I just logged into members area again. The only downloads shown were for 1.52 and lower (under digital download). None of the links worked and no 1.57.

Are you saying you got a different result from this specific link? If yes, something is wrong because I'm not the only one reporting this.

Sorry. I checked in the members area. I can see the 1.57 download and the 1.50 download, but nothing in between.

(in reply to joliverlay)
Post #: 19
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 6/21/2005 8:35:27 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

Sorry. I checked in the members area. I can see the 1.57 download and the 1.50 download, but nothing in between.

That is correct, we don't keep the 1.5x bit versions as they replace each other.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 20
RE: not able to D/L patche' from site!! - 6/23/2005 1:26:10 AM   
riley555a

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/warinthepacific/index.html?q=war+in+the+pacific
You can download patches here if you like.

Pft,damn the aircraft, full speed ahead....WAIT!....

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> not able to D/L patche' from site!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI