Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

David Copperfield and the teleporting Swordfish...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> David Copperfield and the teleporting Swordfish... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
David Copperfield and the teleporting Swordfish... - 5/21/2005 12:56:08 PM   
tabpub

Two part post

Part one:

4th AACU Swordfish unit, after being worn down in the Java area, was loaded onto an AK weeks before this and transported to Columbo to requip and prepare for future operations. On April 11, they were sitting in Columbo, drinking G&Ts, toasting themselves on escaping the hell that Java was about to become:

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: David Copperfield and the teleporting Swordfish... - 5/21/2005 12:59:55 PM   
tabpub

Part Two:

A huge electrical storm ravaged Columbo, sweeping through the city. In the aftermath, no one could find the 4th AACU Swordfish unit! Later on, radio transmissions from Surabaya found them there! They had toasted there luck too soon as the gods of war had brought them back to face the fate that they had thought they had dodged!
Here they are on the 12th of April:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tabpub)
Post #: 2
RE: David Copperfield and the teleporting Swordfish... - 5/21/2005 1:06:30 PM   
ADavidB

I've seen the same thing in my game with PzB with one particular fighter group that just won't stay in Port Moresby - it keeps on going back to Australia on its own. After fighting the "overnight flyaway" a half dozen times I gave up and left the lazy s.o.b.s in Oz...

Dave Baranyi

(in reply to tabpub)
Post #: 3
RE: David Copperfield and the teleporting Swordfish... - 5/21/2005 1:08:51 PM   
tabpub

Now, all joking aside; has anyone seen this one before? I have heard all the disappearing units stories, but not one that jumps 1500 miles across the map for no explainable reason.

This is a 1.4 to 1.5 game, so I don't expect any sympathy/support/handholding and actually, I find it quite amusing to some degree....though, I am scared of rebuilding a 72 plane P40E group and later on finding it decided to go back and fight for the Dutch after I risked an AK to get the one plane that was left in the group the heck out of there 2 weeks ago.

On the off chance that someone would be interested in this from the technical side, I do have all the saves going back 2 weeks from this point, though I have the feeling that it was all just a burp in the space/time continuum.

Oh and Herbie, if you read this, just consider that you got a couple of good spies in Surabaya and enjoy what ever info you get from this.

(in reply to tabpub)
Post #: 4
RE: David Copperfield and the teleporting Swordfish... - 5/21/2005 1:17:08 PM   
ADavidB

quote:

Now, all joking aside; has anyone seen this one before? I have heard all the disappearing units stories, but not one that jumps 1500 miles across the map for no explainable reason.

I think that it has something to do with air unit fragments. I find air units reconsituting themselves thousands of miles away from the original pieces and in general I can't do anything with those regenerated fragments until I either get them within flying range of the originals or bring the originals back. I also occasionally have frontline fragments just disappear with time, despite supplies at the bases. But this game has been upgraded a number of times so who knows what is up with the data structure any more.

Dave Baranyi

(in reply to tabpub)
Post #: 5
RE: David Copperfield and the teleporting Swordfish... - 5/21/2005 1:28:34 PM   
michaelm75au

I would be interested in viewing this and seeing if there are fragments around for this unit.
The interesting thing is that all planes need repair as if they had been crated or upgraded.
Send me the save for the turn the unit is sitting in Columbo (4/11/42) before it disappears.

michaelm75@hotmail.com

Thanks
Michael

(in reply to tabpub)
Post #: 6
RE: David Copperfield and the teleporting Swordfish... - 5/21/2005 10:13:22 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

Now, all joking aside; has anyone seen this one before? I have heard all the disappearing units stories, but not one that jumps 1500 miles across the map for no explainable rea

Out of curiousity, do you have ANY part of the map under computer control?

(in reply to tabpub)
Post #: 7
RE: David Copperfield and the teleporting Swordfish... - 5/22/2005 1:20:20 AM   
tabpub

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

Now, all joking aside; has anyone seen this one before? I have heard all the disappearing units stories, but not one that jumps 1500 miles across the map for no explainable rea

Out of curiousity, do you have ANY part of the map under computer control?

No.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> David Copperfield and the teleporting Swordfish... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI