Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Loading Supplies from by Bases?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Loading Supplies from by Bases? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loading Supplies from by Bases? - 5/23/2005 2:20:12 AM   
shawn118aw

Does anyone have a easy fix for loading supplies from bases that have been by passed? I just don't like leaving tons of supplies on bases that are never going to see action again. I can load AK's all day long but I can never get the base to get below 9 tons of supplies! Any suggestions

Shawn
Post #: 1
RE: Loading Supplies from by Bases? - 5/23/2005 10:33:27 PM   
Bradley7735

you've got to be kidding? 9 supply? That's not even worth the fuel to pick it up an haul it somewhere.

Anyway, you can't load more than 10% of the existing supply from a base in one turn. So, you're at the level where you can't load 1 point of supply per day.

I've never tried, but you can see if fast transport's will load or if sub transports will load.

The older I get, the better I was.

(in reply to shawn118aw)
Post #: 2
RE: Loading Supplies from by Bases? - 5/25/2005 3:31:11 AM   
shawn118aw

It just seems like an error in the game program that will not allow you clear out a base if you have nothing there, no units or aircraft...just an abandoned island. True, it takes time and effort to pick this stuff up, but every ton counts when your haveing to go back and forth from San Fran to Northern Japan to keep guys supplied. You can do it very easy with fuel, why not supplies. By the way, I am playing US(Me) vs Japan(AI-historical), scenario-15, I am in game turn, 15 May 1944, and I have over 400,000 troops and over 1,500 aircraft Japan and only 2 hexes from Toyko.

(in reply to Bradley7735)
Post #: 3
RE: Loading Supplies from by Bases? - 5/25/2005 4:53:57 PM   
Bradley7735

You can also take a task force that has used ammo (was attacked by ships, planes or subs) and resupply it from the base. It'll probably take more than 9 supply to fill the TF back up with ammo. You're not technically loading up the supply, but you'd be using it up.

The older I get, the better I was.

(in reply to shawn118aw)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Loading Supplies from by Bases? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI