Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trade In

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great >> Tech Support >> Trade In Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trade In - 6/11/2005 8:55:42 PM   
HannibalSun

I need to trade in this game because it does not work. There were other games I would have purchased but purchased this one instead, I would like information on how to make that deal.

Otherwise, I am not going to sit here waiting for answers that are not solving the problems or futile attempts to have pm conversations with staff that do not answer back.

I have asked for help and have received no real help toward resolving the issue. I have a new computer with all the latest drivers - it is not a driver problem.

The game does not seem to have an executable file and I am not sure why that is the case when I downloaded the thing twice.

I also notice not a lot of people posting here. Maybe no one else is buying this game or digitally downloading. Maybe I was the one that downloaded a bugged version.

I need some help here and it has been a long time and I still have not gotten to give this game a run yet. This is basically frustrating and disappointing after I spent so much money on these Matrix games.

Please help.

Hannibal-Sun
Post #: 1
RE: Trade In - 6/12/2005 12:35:01 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hannibal,

We're trying to work with you - the problem you described regarding a default nVidia driver not installing for you indicates one of two things to us:

1. There is something interfering with installations on your computer that may also have interfered with our game's installation
2. There is a serious problem in your video driver files. When a default nVidia driver cannot install on a system with a GeForce card, I'm sorry, but that's not normal and usually indicates a problem.

Many, many people have succesfully downloaded, installed and played Alexander without a problem. In fact it was months before the first patch had to even be issued because it took that long for any serious problem to be found. We need you to work with us as this is an issue that has (so far) not come up for any previous customers and does not seem to be a general game issue but rather system specific.

The only PMs I've received from you, I responded to as soon as I received them. I was logged in this afternoon while away, so you may have thought I was not responding when I was actually gone but my computer was on. On top of that, it's a Saturday and we don't have the staff to be around 24 hours / 7 days, unfortunately. You first posted your problem one week ago and it wasn't until this Thursday that we found out that the driver update didn't work for you.

What do you mean "the game does not have an executable file"? This is the first time you've mentioned this and that is definitely a cause for concern. In the game's installation directory, you should have a TSATG.exe file. Is that missing?

Could you post a screenshot of the files you see in the game's installation directory please? I'm not trying to make you jump through hoops and I understand that after what you went through with Dell you probably think we gave you bad advice. In fact, that should have worked on a functioning system without any problems and we're just trying to work together with you to troubleshoot this. I believe we can get to the bottom of this with a bit more help from you if you're willing.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to HannibalSun)
Post #: 2
RE: Trade In - 7/1/2005 12:53:23 AM   
HannibalSun

Sure dude - by now you should have got the email from me that I can't send you the file you need to see. Get me that email address that supports MS word and I can send it right over. I'll try to figure out how to convert it to a JPG or something where you can see everything.

Sorry for the seemingly rude implications that you guys take too long to get back. Just that when I had the time to respond, I would have to wait. Probably would be best to do a phone conversation.

Let me know what works best.

Take care and thanks.

Hannibal

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great >> Tech Support >> Trade In Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI