Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Installing Steel Panthers: World at War

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Installing Steel Panthers: World at War Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installing Steel Panthers: World at War - 9/22/2000 8:23:00 AM   
PaDuece

When I try to install the downloaded version of Steel Panthers World at War version 4. (I have no other versions installed) The install screen asks for me to insert disk two? It is all on the hard drive already. I just need to install. Please Help

Post #: 1
- 9/23/2000 5:14:00 AM   
dmart

Same problem here. I even tried browsing to every directory and file that the install icon created, but to no avail. Where is the hidden Disk 2?

(in reply to PaDuece)
Post #: 2
- 9/26/2000 4:15:00 AM   
Voriax

Howdy Your download is somehow corrupted/incomplete. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to PaDuece)
Post #: 3
- 9/27/2000 5:49:00 PM   
Bone

I have the same problem with disk two, how can we solve it then. As I read the other msg's it seems the corrupted version is on the server, plz help us find the right one ------------------ ßone will survive longer then your skin

ßone will survive longer then your skin

(in reply to PaDuece)
Post #: 4
- 9/28/2000 2:54:00 AM   
Voriax

I think the disk 2 problem was related to incomplete download. Search the main SPWAW forum, there was few topics about this not so long ago. You can find the correct filesizes from those posts. The file from the finnish site seems to be corrupted but it gives a different kind of error message. I just patched my game so didn't encounter this problem. If you find that your download was too small then you just have to try downloading again, download managers help a lot. Download from the links from Matrix games site, those are sorta official Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to PaDuece)
Post #: 5
- 9/29/2000 9:59:00 PM   
davanden

I downloaded the full version of SPWAW 4.0 to a Jaz disk. The installation worked just fine on my computer at work. However, when I took the Jaz disk home, the installation locked up my computer. The installer seemed to be copying a WAV file at the point where it stopped. Both computers are Dells. The one at work is an Optiplex 450 MHz, and my home computer is a Dimension 750 MHz. The hard drive at home has about 20 GB free. The home machine runs Win 98SE while the office machine runs Win 95. Any ideas? Dav Vandenbroucke

(in reply to PaDuece)
Post #: 6
- 9/30/2000 3:06:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Unfortunately many of you are running into problems that occasionally crop up with these large files. The files we have sent out are working files, unfltnately teh download process is not certain and all it takes is a bit here or there to be corrupt and the thing won't work. The only fix is to download the file again. Try copying teh installation file to your computers hard drive first - that has helped some folks who had problms installing it directly form the CD (might work for Jaz drive too...)

(in reply to PaDuece)
Post #: 7
- 9/30/2000 8:05:00 AM   
Wizarc

I spent a day and downloaded V4 five times and everytime it finished downloading. When I checked the file size it was around 95MB. I thought it was suppose to be 350MB. I installed the 95MB one and then it asks for disk 2, which of course I do not have. Is it the download process or the file? I do not know. I just bought the CD with V4 on it.

(in reply to PaDuece)
Post #: 8
- 10/1/2000 6:24:00 PM   
wong

I have the pcgamer cd and when I try to install steel panthers its gets to a file called 'vid998.smk' and then it says insert cd 2.

(in reply to PaDuece)
Post #: 9
- 10/1/2000 8:30:00 PM   
dmart

After several more lengthy and apparently complete downloads of v4, I continue to be queried about the notorious Disk 2. I'm not going to try yet another download and "hope" that it works.

(in reply to PaDuece)
Post #: 10
- 10/3/2000 12:57:00 AM   
chief

Wong: I'm no expert, but while installing the pc gammer cd I came across 'Must Read Notes before installing or using SpWaW v2.1', I also realize we don't have 2.1, but again it came with the disc and para. 7 says "Players must have "vid998.smk" in your snd\stream directory in order to run the game. (paraphrased next) If you don't have get from SPWaW web site etc. I ihope this works for you. ------------------ Sm:):)th Sailing...chief

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to PaDuece)
Post #: 11
- 10/5/2000 12:20:00 AM   
wong

I didnt notice that before i have checked the download page on this site but with no luck could not find vid998.smk there

(in reply to PaDuece)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Installing Steel Panthers: World at War Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI