Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Screen move jerky

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Screen move jerky Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Screen move jerky - 11/7/2000 7:21:00 PM   
jamiep1

Hi everyone, First, what an excellent game!! Fantastic job by all involved. I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere but when moving my mouse across the screen to another part of the battlefield, the movement is very jerky. My units move fine, it's just me sweeping across to a different spot. I have a PII 233mhz with 64 mb. It's a clean machine that I maintain religiously so I don't think that's the problem. It has no problem with several windows open working between graphic programs & such. I appreciate any help! Jamie

Post #: 1
- 11/7/2000 11:45:00 PM   
BlitzSS

Somewhere on one of my machines I thought I saw this problem once. Do you have the Visibility/Info screen on the top right corner? I didn't have that and it wasn't because of older version scenerios not getting BLOBed up. A reload solved my problem.

"Nuts"

(in reply to jamiep1)
Post #: 2
- 11/9/2000 7:44:00 PM   
jamiep1

Thanks BlitzSS, It is definitely my machine. SP2 has always run fine so I played with running more programs at startup to see if I could bog it down. Presto! SPWAW is so much larger so that is the way on my machine at this time. I loaded SPWAW on my son's 533 machine & it screams. It's a thing of beauty. Good news, I have a good buddy that has tons of stuff laying around. More RAM is on it's way! Hopefully this will help things out. Good thing for him, EDO RAM is big $$$$$. ------------------ [This message has been edited by jamiep1 (edited November 09, 2000).]

(in reply to jamiep1)
Post #: 3
- 11/13/2000 6:24:00 PM   
waynef

Not a tech person but I've had this from time to time. It might be what is running in the background may be bogging things down. I have shut down Norton Anti Virus etc with good results. PS... I have 384 mg of Ram and still had that problem, so I assumed it was what was running in the background.

"At My Signal...Unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne

(in reply to jamiep1)
Post #: 4
- 12/2/2000 12:42:00 PM   
QQQ

I agree with waynef. turn off everything else. Use Ctrl+Alt+del to find out what is running; you only NEED explorer and systray running. REMEMBER to restart your security stuff after, though... If you have Norton system works or similar, dig into "my Computer" to find out what is using your memory, and kill it. Luck ------------------ Corpus Mens, Corpus Sana

Corpus Mens, Corpus Sana

(in reply to jamiep1)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Screen move jerky Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI