Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Are the scenarios meant to be played from the Soviet side

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Are the scenarios meant to be played from the Soviet side Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Are the scenarios meant to be played from the Soviet side - 6/18/2005 5:36:40 PM   
Gudgey

Hi all,

I've been visiting the forum for some time now, but waited until the 1.3 patch before buying the game, and have a question:

Are the scenarios designed to be played from the Soviet side? The reason I ask is, having played the Soviet tank rush scenario as NATO (annihilating the Sov's), I tried it from the other side.
Moving West across the fields towards Rensenbach, I was surprised to find the Brit's coming the other way, instead of being entrenched in the town, as I was.
I started the scenario again, but this time positioning my units defensively around the town to the north of Norddorf. Sure enough along came the Challengers, rolling merrilly across the fields straight into my ambush.
By the end of the first turn NATO were down 15X Challengers and 2X FV-101, I had lost just a couple of T-80's.
I got pretty much the same results on the second turn, and on the third, sent my units forward to mop-up and take the victory locations.
I played the scenario another three times with almost exactly the same results, NATO just can't sit still! The scenario played out exactly the opposite to how it should, with the Soviets defending a town being assaulted by the British even though there were no NATO victory points to be had.
The reason I waited until the 1.3 patch is I thought the AI was being overhauled? (incidentally, if I select 'About' from the menu my version number says 1.0.3, not 1.3, is this correct?)

I look forward to your comments,

Gudgey.
Post #: 1
RE: Are the scenarios meant to be played from the Sovie... - 6/18/2005 5:55:10 PM   
CapnDarwin

A couple of quick comments.

1. It is version 1.0.3.
2. Scenarios are under review right now to get them tweaked a bit to better handle the AI and other adjustments made in the past 3 updates. This is a target for what is now 1.0.5. So some scenarios are now one sided or not playing out as before.
3. In some cases the AI does charge across the field. Part of that is related to (2.) and some of that is the need for some more AI tweaking. Rob is still evolving the AI and it is getting better with each update. IF you spot things that look wierd please let us know. Rob has been incredible in taking in customer feedback and comments.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Gudgey)
Post #: 2
RE: Are the scenarios meant to be played from the Sovie... - 6/18/2005 6:12:25 PM   
Erik Rutins

That particular scenario has NATO moving forward due to how the scenario is setup - victory points and such. As Capn Darwin noted, those are slated for an update/rebalance as well. I don't have a list handy now of which are the "best" scenarios to play from the WP side, but perhaps one of the testers or Rob can advise on this.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Are the scenarios meant to be played from the Soviet side Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI