Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Please help! TOAW II

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Please help! TOAW II Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Please help! TOAW II - 3/17/2001 3:07:00 AM   
jive1

Anyone had the problem of downloading the patch for TOAW II - then it says place correct CD in player? I have TOAW II but have in desperation tried to patch it with FPK and Elite as well as TOAW II with the same result. Any help greatly appreciated.

So drink to the Black Cat PBY, damnedest old plane in all God's sky,
BB-gun for'd and a slingshot aft, Hundred twenty knots when in a forced draft.
Post #: 1
- 3/17/2001 8:31:00 AM   
Dagobert

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled? I would do that - uninstall, delete everything and start from scratch.

(in reply to jive1)
Post #: 2
- 3/23/2001 3:54:00 PM   
Sandeu

I'm having the same problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and tried a older patch (1.02) but that dosen't work either. I have looked for any *.ini files and even checked the registry to ensure TOAW II was looking in the right place for the CD I've emailed Talonsoft Support but I've been told they have a slow to nil return rate on support requests.

(in reply to jive1)
Post #: 3
- 3/24/2001 2:15:00 AM   
jive1

I did get a reply from talonsoft but it was just the usual list of common problems. I have ordered ACOW - hopefully that will work. My TOAW II came in a compilation of 3 games - does yours? I know of 2 others who have had the same problem. It wouldn't be so bad if we could just install the patch to fix the airborne bug

So drink to the Black Cat PBY, damnedest old plane in all God's sky,
BB-gun for'd and a slingshot aft, Hundred twenty knots when in a forced draft.

(in reply to jive1)
Post #: 4
- 10/31/2001 9:38:00 PM   
Ben.Senior

Just wanted to add that I bought TOAWII in a triple pack (by Xplosiv - a budget label) also included Battle of Britain and Chikamauga from Talonsoft. Bought it in the UK from amazon.co.uk
Having same problem with CD not being recognised after upgrading to V1.0.5!! This means we cant play missions designed for use in 1.0.5 doesnt it?! I too have had a reply from Talonsoft, but it was just a general list of fixes. I have since written back again (the email did say to do this if I still had a problem!) and am awaiting a reply.

(in reply to jive1)
Post #: 5
- 11/1/2001 10:18:00 PM   
Ben.Senior

I have since found out that:
XPLOSIV discs copied using standard CD writing software work fine! I can backup the disc and use it as the original! This is NOT the case for most CD based games (standard copying software does not copy the discs because they have additional security on them).
The Xplosiv CDs are therefore different to the original Talonsoft ones and the patch to V1.0.5 then changes the Xplosiv software installed back to that of the original Talonsoft one which requires the "original" CDs with copy protection.
Using the Xplosiv Cds is like me using copied versions of Talonsoft orignals (ie it doesnt work)!

(in reply to jive1)
Post #: 6
- 11/10/2001 7:44:00 PM   
m10bob

Several months ago i posted my lack of enthusiasm for Talonsoft...I have approx 6 or 7 of their products but after TOAW would not load *whatsoever* on my new Compaq Presario,i E-mailed them for help and *never* got a response..(I also noted on that post i simply ceased to drop anymore coin on Talonsoft,as they don't need me anymore than i needed another "drink coaster")..BTW,Matrix is just the opposite(as far as customer service) as they not only answer *every* question,they even provide this great forum for all of us to discuss "issues"..

(in reply to jive1)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Please help! TOAW II Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI