Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SPWAW 8.3 display problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> SPWAW 8.3 display problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SPWAW 8.3 display problem - 6/20/2005 8:40:36 PM   
bryanmaguire

If I start SPWAW using Mech.exe it displays the Main Menu but the screen then goes black. If I move the mouse around the area of the screen underneath the mouse gets displayed briefly but then goes black again. I have updated my video drivers to the latest version but the problem remains. Any help appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: SPWAW 8.3 display problem - 1/18/2007 7:29:35 PM   
mglshark

I had this problem for several years, notice it after version 6 or 7 showed up. I have several machines and the problem shows up only on my main - fastest state of the art machine, which been through different video cards and mother boards.

The ram I use is a meg and shows plenly is available even running this memory hog. Shutting down background programs don't seem to have an effetc. Something did change because the old versions played fine in the past. Now I have to hit the "P" key to go back to previous unit to redraw the screen or swirl the mouse around the black screen. Also shows during opp fire as well.

Search the site here, quite a few computers have this issue.
We are not alone...

ML

(in reply to bryanmaguire)
Post #: 2
RE: SPWAW 8.3 display problem - 1/28/2007 5:51:08 AM   
deleeuw

Hey all,
I'm having a similar problem:
When I click on Quick start, screen goes blank for a bit, then returns back to the desktop. When I check TaskManager, the program isn't there.

When I click on General start, the screen resolution goes to 640*480, then I get "DynaZip UnZIP error: ZIP file read error!" I click OK, then I get "Failure to get archive directory listing". After clicking OK on the second error, my screen resolution returns top 800*600

When I click on Standard start, the screen resolution goes to 640*480, and
I get a generic spwaw.exe error (the kind that says to send Microsoft an error report". After clickin OK, the error goes away and my screen returns to the normal resolution.

My OS is WinXP Pro and I installed DirectX 9; My system is 2.3Ghz w/ 256 MB DDRAM.

Any additional assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

(in reply to mglshark)
Post #: 3
RE: SPWAW 8.3 display problem - 1/28/2007 7:14:58 AM   
chief

Try Starting game from mech.exe, (in main folder), if that solves ur prob make it ur shortcut. You'll only miss all the welcome stuff etc.  Good Luck

< Message edited by chief -- 1/28/2007 7:28:10 AM >

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to deleeuw)
Post #: 4
RE: SPWAW 8.3 display problem - 1/28/2007 7:47:41 AM   
deleeuw

Thanks but I've tried that. I get a blank screen for a sec then it goes back to the desktop (as with starting in Standard mode).
I also uninstalled and reinstalled it. Is there any video card or graphics issues (such as relating to hardware acceleration)?

Thx

(in reply to chief)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> SPWAW 8.3 display problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI