Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sound Problem with V5.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Sound Problem with V5.0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sound Problem with V5.0 - 5/8/2001 4:36:00 AM   
choco

Well, I finally managed to dwnld the whole thing, it'upgraded ok, run, it works extra ! Many Thnx all the Team ! However I got a problem after playing a bit (15 minutes or so) when changing from buy to map screen or in play screen the music or the sound track behave like a non tuned radio... only way I found to cope with was cutting both musing and soundtrack. Then i checked out ALL the wav file in SND directory and none is corrupted, I played t em all with a wav player and r ok. So where is the problem ? Does sombody else have it ? I use a classic Sound Blaster so no exotical config. Sorry for my poor Englis. ChocO

Post #: 1
- 5/8/2001 8:51:00 PM   
tracer

I'm experiencing that too; when weapons fire or vehicles move the sound stutters and breaks up. Also, the weather/battle FX seem to appear and disappear with every other unit that moves/fires. My settings are Unit, Terrain, and Weather/Battle FX 'ON' and Soundtrack 'OFF'; I'm using a Vortex2 (Aureal) soundcard. Is this a bug or a soundcard compatibility issue?

Jim NSB

(in reply to choco)
Post #: 2
- 5/9/2001 2:29:00 AM   
DrFoxy

Ditto for me too. I get the sound f/x fine but the music is all hisses and nothing else. :mad: SB Live value here. Jon

(in reply to choco)
Post #: 3
- 5/9/2001 3:27:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Try changing the emulation mode??? They are stand wav files? Very odd?? DO they play OK if you just play them in media player?

(in reply to choco)
Post #: 4
- 5/9/2001 3:57:00 AM   
James P

I get this too. :confused: Choco describes it perfectly - an untuned radio! :) I found the battlefield effects are ok, so turning off the soundtrack seems to avoid the problem. I tried a few random .wav's and they all played ok via media player. I found the main music track as 1001.wav, and this also plays through without any break up, so not sure what's causing the problem when the game access it :confused:

Cheers, JP

(in reply to choco)
Post #: 5
- 5/9/2001 4:22:00 AM   
choco

Paul, I checked out all the wav files with a wav player, they work all well... I also tried to put back my old SB AWE 64 instead of the SB Live! but that have produced no changes....

(in reply to choco)
Post #: 6
- 5/9/2001 4:54:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Enough to give one fits...they worked OK for the MC design group!

(in reply to choco)
Post #: 7
- 5/9/2001 5:36:00 AM   
tracer

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: Try changing the emulation mode??? They are stand wav files? Very odd?? DO they play OK if you just play them in media player?
Looks like its corrupted sound files in my case. I tried opening 1001 and 1002 using Windows SoundRecord and it reports them as corrupted and unopenable; others I tried at random played OK though. Guess I'll just overwrite the folder when my MC CD arrives.

Jim NSB

(in reply to choco)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Sound Problem with V5.0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI