Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Determining Potential Base Size

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Determining Potential Base Size Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Determining Potential Base Size - 6/22/2005 4:19:42 PM   
CGSailor

If you click on (or run your pointer over) a friendly base or "green dot" the game displays the current and potential port and airfield size (ie "0 (2)"). It does the same if you click on an enemy base (one with a "flag" on it). However, if you click or run your pointer over a "red dot," all you see is the VP value. How do you figure out the development potential of the red dot bases? I've tried running recon missions over them, but that doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone have any advice?

Bob
Post #: 1
RE: Determining Potential Base Size - 6/22/2005 7:13:41 PM   
Veer

You can't - red dot bases are in the hands of the enemy. You'll have to send an invading force to find out what their potenial is...

Or you could always open up another game as Japan and take a look thataway. Call it Ultra.

In time of war the first casualty is truth. - Boake Carter

(in reply to CGSailor)
Post #: 2
RE: Determining Potential Base Size - 6/23/2005 3:58:38 PM   
tanjman

quote:

ORIGINAL: CGSailor

If you click on (or run your pointer over) a friendly base or "green dot" the game displays the current and potential port and airfield size (ie "0 (2)"). It does the same if you click on an enemy base (one with a "flag" on it). However, if you click or run your pointer over a "red dot," all you see is the VP value. How do you figure out the development potential of the red dot bases? I've tried running recon missions over them, but that doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone have any advice?

Bob

CGSailor,

There is a file at Spooky's site http://mathubert.free.fr/ click on the UV section and then the files/scenarios link. The scenario 17 OOB MS Excel spreedsheet has a worksheet that list all the bases/beaches with their SPS list as well as other info.

Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.

(in reply to CGSailor)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Determining Potential Base Size Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI