Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI in 1.04 and other issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> AI in 1.04 and other issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI in 1.04 and other issues - 6/25/2005 4:31:44 AM   
JustinL

Hello,

I tried scenario Soviet Alamo as the West Germans vs. Soviet AI.
The Soviet AI attacked on the first turn, and were wiped out completely.

As I see it this scenario strongly favors the West German player, particularly against the computer. What is the experience of other people playing Soviet Alamo against the computer? Wouldn't it make some sense to introduce some defensive thinking into the AI?

The mechanics seem to be working well and additionally, artillery seemed effective against tanks.

The suicide strategy of the AI seems to be continuing.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: AI in 1.04 and other issues - 6/25/2005 5:52:27 AM   
CapnDarwin

GamerGuy,

Yes the AI has a bit of an issue on the defensive. Rob has done a number of tweaks within the confines of the current AI program to make the AI play as good as it can. Rob already had designs to overhaul the AI when scheduling allows the endeavor. I'm also sure the AI and future AI will be a prime discussion when the crew is at Origins next week. One other impact of the changes in AI and game mechanics over the past 3 updates has been the scenarios. There are "out of date" per say and are on the book to be tweaked to better work with those AI and game play changes. Most of the scenarios are in decent shape but a few have the AI in a quandary on how to proceed. That will get talked too as well next week and a number of scenarios are under review. As the game play and UI and other little bugs get squashed more time will open up to work these deeper issues. Hang in there. This game is getting overwhelming developer support. If you run into any other unbalanced scenarios please post about it. It will help us target them for tweaking.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to JustinL)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> AI in 1.04 and other issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI