Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

where must i put music?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> where must i put music? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
where must i put music? - 6/6/2001 3:40:00 PM   
BiggaHero

i think its in sound but i dont no for sure neway thx :confused:

Post #: 1
- 6/11/2001 12:36:00 AM   
m10bob

Open your "Steel Panthers waw" directory,wait for everything to show up..Look for "snd".."Slide your music there"..(what i'd really like is for somebody to tell me how to play my download of "Patton" into the snd directory and make it run on spwaw..????) :)

(in reply to BiggaHero)
Post #: 2
- 6/11/2001 3:01:00 AM   
KG Erwin

I don't have any answers for you, but it would be cool be able to start a long campaign as the Germans and hear the "Panzerlied" playing as you begin. Is it possible to be able to run Windows Media Player and SPWaW together, or is it too resource intensive, or result in a resource conflict? I haven't had a chance to test this.

(in reply to BiggaHero)
Post #: 3
- 6/11/2001 5:32:00 AM   
m10bob

I think spwaw is too power stingy to allow another open windows application,but i just *know* some enterprising cpu guru out there can fugure this out..yeah!!!! if a flag was in the program telling the "snd" file which "custom" song to play for any given game/campaign,etc..heck,maybe even a "jukebox" panel on the "preferances" screen?????not so far-fetched...remember the record player on "aces of the deep"?? same principal...... :eek:

(in reply to BiggaHero)
Post #: 4
- 6/18/2001 3:51:00 AM   
stellar

quote:

Originally posted by m10bob: I think spwaw is too power stingy to allow another open windows application,but i just *know* some enterprising cpu guru out there can fugure this out..yeah!!!! if a flag was in the program telling the "snd" file which "custom" song to play for any given game/campaign,etc..heck,maybe even a "jukebox" panel on the "preferances" screen?????not so far-fetched...remember the record player on "aces of the deep"?? same principal...... :eek:
I dont know how much you have memory, but i have 96Mb and i can keep several windows open with spwaw without any problems...

"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on." - Joseph Heller (Catch 22)

(in reply to BiggaHero)
Post #: 5
- 6/22/2001 2:06:00 PM   
Reg

I routinely have Winamp or the windows CD player running in the background whilst playing SPWaW. Just use Alt-Tab to get to the volume controls etc. Before you ask, PIII 450. 128Mbytes RAM. Reg.

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to BiggaHero)
Post #: 6
- 6/24/2001 11:07:00 PM   
Howling H R Bryars

I also have no problem multitasking with SPWAW. In addition to resources (256MB RAM and 1.2GHz Athlon), I think a key factor is to be running a good, stable OS like Windows 2000. Kudos to Matrix for making this game work so well under Win2k! :p

HRB3

(in reply to BiggaHero)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> where must i put music? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI