Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multiplay and menu problems, any ideas?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Multiplay and menu problems, any ideas? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiplay and menu problems, any ideas? - 6/27/2001 9:49:00 AM   
Dimmu

So I just finally got my MC cd in the mail the other day, loaded it up on mine and my roomates pcs and I've got two problems now. First off is the menu bug, I get the minimized window and music but no menu. Oddly enough the menu works jsut fine on my roomates pc. Has anyone figured this out yet? Secondly and more importantly, when we try to play a multiplayer game across the lan both pcs just lock up. It happens no matter who hosts the game. The joiner just sticks at "connecting to server" We're using the standard ip addresses 198.162.0.1 and 198.162.0.2 Every other game we have runs just fine across the lan. Any ideas as to what the problem with this could be?

Post #: 1
- 6/27/2001 10:25:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Do you have internet connection sharing active? What IP does SP:WaW indicate you have? DO you have more then one NIC card?

(in reply to Dimmu)
Post #: 2
- 6/28/2001 1:41:00 AM   
Dimmu

No we're not using any type of internet sharing, in fact I don't think I even have the microsoft connection sharing installed. We're both using Win ME and like I said we've never had a problem with say "Shogun Total War" or "Red Alert" or any other game. Yeah it shows the correct Ip address when it's trying to connect and in fact we connected one time but didn't have a "max points" button so we quit the game and haven't been able to connect since then. Neither of us have more than one nic card installed, and we both have the same type of card. "3com etherlink XL,(3c905b-tx)" I have noticed that when it doesn't connect if I ctrl-alt-del to close the game down that "Mech.exe" is not responding, I'm figuring that it's got something to do with that?

(in reply to Dimmu)
Post #: 3
- 7/2/2001 11:27:00 AM   
BobRoyall

My menu problem is now cleared and working again. The only problem is that I'm not sure what did it... Since the last time I unsuccessfully tried the menu I've re-installed the video driver for my Voodoo 4500, re-installed Direct-X 8.0a, upgraded Windows MediaPlayer from version 6 to version 7 and am trying out a tweaking program called PC Accelerator 6000. In fact, I don't have proof that any of those items is related to the menu working again but I thought I'd pass it along. [ July 02, 2001: Message edited by: BobRoyall ]

(in reply to Dimmu)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Multiplay and menu problems, any ideas? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI