Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug in 5.03

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Bug in 5.03 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug in 5.03 - 6/28/2001 1:02:00 AM   
Lucullus

In Brave men of Betio, .30 cal MMg's are replaced by M3 halftracks on screen. These are also seen in Marine Ordeal. In Dicker Max. There is what appears to be an M3 halftrack with the German Army armed with .45's. ?????????????

"America ... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable. "

Hunter S. Thompson, US journalist, Fear & Loathing on
Post #: 1
- 6/28/2001 1:23:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Actually I tried it and I don't see that, but there is a problem with the new OOBs - the AMtracs are changed fom HEAVY AMPHIB to AMPHIB so the men now ride exposed (a DUKW is that way) They ride protected inside an LVT...

(in reply to Lucullus)
Post #: 2
- 6/28/2001 1:32:00 AM   
Lucullus

Do you have any idea as to why I'm seeing it? It does not appear to be a problem in all of the Scenarios. If anything it is rare. I did not notice it in 5.02, of course I'm not sure I played these scenarios when I upgraded to 5.03. Help!!! PS. I like the changes in 5.03. I think the problems with the lack of support weapon lethality has been corrected. Thanks.

"America ... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable. "

(in reply to Lucullus)
Post #: 3
- 6/28/2001 3:29:00 AM   
Voriax

This .30 cal mg bug appeared already in 5.01. I played one of those scenarios as Japanese and didn't spot it..but then later a friend mentioned that it showed when he played it as US..I just credited it as a bug caused by the difference between the oob that was in use when the scenario was made and the one that was in use when it was played. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to Lucullus)
Post #: 4
- 6/29/2001 12:11:00 AM   
Lucullus

Paul I reinstalled and upgraded to 5.03. Bug is still their. In Brave men of Betio in only seems to appear on the troops in the landing craft in the lower left. It does not appear with all .30 Mg's. Maybe I should delete and purge the files and reinstall again? I

(in reply to Lucullus)
Post #: 5
- 7/2/2001 10:33:00 AM   
Wild Bill

It is not really a bug as such, my friend. It is due to the OOBs being changed after the scenario was done. I plan on sending a revision that will be included in the 5.4 patch of the game. In the meantime I will send you a copy of that one and the Peleliu "Marine Ordeal" that has the same problem. There used to be a Marine .30 cal LMG and then it was removed. Hence the HT, which is the default icon and symobolizes nothing. Sorry this has not been replaced before now. Wild Bill Sent...should be there by now. [ July 01, 2001: Message edited by: Wild Bill ]

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Lucullus)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Bug in 5.03 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI