Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does Link work?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Does Link work? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does Link work? - 7/30/2001 7:08:00 PM   
Centurione

Hi all!! I'm new user and i'm trying to download SpWaW. But I can't download the upgrades (5.01 to 4.02 and 5.02 to 6.1!!) or Italian language pack! Sombody can help me!! I Thank you very very much! Bye! Centurione

Post #: 1
- 7/30/2001 9:00:00 PM   
Tomanbeg

Are you connecting thru a proxy server? I'm on a cable modem\WAN and cannot change the protocals to match what matrix wants. I'm going to have to wait until one of the other sites picks up the Patches. Or go back to playing 5.01. I wouldn't be suprised if everone with a LAN or WAN connection has this problem, although I'm not very knowledgeable about networks. If anyone can help, please post. Thanks, T.

"The 15th May, 1948, arrived ... On that day the mufti of Jerusalem appealed to the Arabs of Palestine to leave the country, because the Arab armies were about to enter and fight in their stead."
– The Cairo daily Akhbar el Yom, Oct. 12, 1963.
[IMG]http

(in reply to Centurione)
Post #: 2
- 7/30/2001 9:17:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

I'm on a cable modem (home) and a LAN (at my "other work") and works fine - it is not a proxy server issue on our end, could be that your LAN blocks such downloads? The limitation we have is that we do not allow annonymous ftp login for security reasons and require http redirection - so you have to use teh web page to access teh links, vice an ftp client. THe former works with both cable modems and network proxy servers.

(in reply to Centurione)
Post #: 3
- 7/31/2001 12:27:00 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys If you connect to ftp.matrixgames.com as annonymous ftp login you should be able to find all the files you are looking for. Please note that you should use a FTP Client and not your browser.

(in reply to Centurione)
Post #: 4
- 8/1/2001 11:46:00 PM   
Darkstar

I've been trying for days to login to the matrixgames ftp, using both browser and ftp-prog.. still no go. I just get "can't connect" and "couldn't establish connection to server"-type messages! :confused: And I'm not using any proxies or anything funny that could screw stuff up. No blocking of downloads or firewalls on my network. I hope it will somehow start working in the near future though.

(in reply to Centurione)
Post #: 5
- 8/2/2001 9:41:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Darkstar: I've been trying for days to login to the matrixgames ftp, using both browser and ftp-prog.. still no go. I just get "can't connect" and "couldn't establish connection to server"-type messages! :confused: And I'm not using any proxies or anything funny that could screw stuff up. No blocking of downloads or firewalls on my network. I hope it will somehow start working in the near future though.
After seeing that the links on the web page didn't work I went to one of the fan sites, and used his link to the files, got them first time. Just using in exploder and my cable modem I got all of the files in just a couple of hours. I never saw the need for a dedicated ftp program on a personally owned machine, with a browser that is at least somewhat competant. thanks, John.

(in reply to Centurione)
Post #: 6
- 8/3/2001 3:09:00 AM   
Darkstar

quote:

Originally posted by john g: [QB] After seeing that the links on the web page didn't work I went to one of the fan sites, and used his link to the files, got them first time. Just using in exploder and my cable modem I got all of the files in just a couple of hours. [QB]
Yes, I eventually got hold of the needed upgrade files by dwonloading them from Fabrio Prado's fan site. Somehow I can't get anything from matrixgames ftp. Just about any other ftp works, got the full 5.0 SPWAW from the EDome ftp as an example, just by clicking the link on the SPWAW DL page using MS IE 5.5. But when clicking the Matrix Games link, I only get "can't connect" blabhblah :confused: Anyways, I'm finally set for some serious wargaming.. just wish I could get that manual and stereo sound pack too.. hmmm :)

(in reply to Centurione)
Post #: 7
- 8/3/2001 3:43:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

The manual is in the full download. manual.pdf - just download adobe acrobat to view it.

(in reply to Centurione)
Post #: 8
- 8/21/2001 9:33:00 PM   
Asheshi

I am on a cable\LAN modem and behind a firewall, and whenever I try to dl the 5.1-5.2 it asks for a name and password. the 4.5-5.0 worked fine

In the beggining, there was the end

(in reply to Centurione)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Does Link work? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI