Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unable to initiate on-line play ... Part II

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Unable to initiate on-line play ... Part II Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to initiate on-line play ... Part II - 8/24/2001 7:20:00 PM   
Don Eddins

Please disregard posting below ... Cockpit error. However, all is not yet well. We are able to get through all the steps up to actually connecting but we never succeed in making the connection. The atttempts time out and we get the message indicating unable to connect. We have disabled the fire wall (Zone Alarm) but still no success. Any suggestions for things to check out or try? Thanks.

Post #: 1
- 8/24/2001 11:01:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Do you or your opponent use internet connection sharing, multiple NIC cards or a DSL connection? SPWaW (and many other games) can't resolve what PCs using ICS, or multiple NIC cards. THe game can't always resolve the IP of a DSL connection, you may have to manually put it in. any of those aply?

(in reply to Don Eddins)
Post #: 2
- 8/24/2001 11:30:00 PM   
Don Eddins

Thanks, Paul .. We both have cable modems. One of us has a router in line. But we get the same result no matter who tries to initiate the connection. None of the other items you suggested apply. Thanks again.

(in reply to Don Eddins)
Post #: 3
- 8/26/2001 7:08:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Are you sure you are using the right IP address? Many ISPs change them every time you log on and you have to use WINIPCOONFIG to find out what it is. Are you trying to connect manually or through the gameserver?

(in reply to Don Eddins)
Post #: 4
- 8/27/2001 10:14:00 AM   
Don Eddins

Hmmm ... we're both using the IP addresses displayed at the bottom of the set up menu. And we're simply following the game menu for on line play. (I should have known it wouldn't be that simple.) Does that answer the question you asked? .. and thanks for your patience and attempt to help out.

(in reply to Don Eddins)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Unable to initiate on-line play ... Part II Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI