Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question citizens

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Question citizens Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question citizens - 7/7/2005 6:17:53 AM   
le adder noir

Hi all

I recently purchased COG (excellent game) ive also been keeping an eye on battles of napoleon (also by matrix games) some one in their forums brought up an interesting idea.
Basically the ability to purchase both games and use the tactical system from battles of napoleon for detailed battles.
Obviously this is not going to happen but just out of curiosity would anybody use this feature if available.
Ie: playing COG get to a battle and click a button which saves a file in a directory you then load up battles of napoleon play out the battle save and load up the results in COG and continue on your conquering way.

cheers
Post #: 1
RE: Question citizens - 7/7/2005 6:52:50 AM   
2gaulle

would be a nice feature

(in reply to le adder noir)
Post #: 2
RE: Question citizens - 7/7/2005 7:19:44 AM   
sol_invictus

That would be great.

(in reply to 2gaulle)
Post #: 3
RE: Question citizens - 7/7/2005 8:49:34 AM   
jchastain

Having games that link in that way is an often discussed vision, though it does present some practical problems. In any strategic game, you may have several battles during each turn. If they must all be fought using a very detailed battle simulator, then the strategic game will move at rather anemic pace. It is likely that this is something that would be cheered at first, but as players grew weary of fighting detailed battles without ever making any real progress on the strategic situation, it would likely get used less and less.

An even more interesting concept would be the ability to amass a team of gamers with them splitting up responsibilities. Imagine a war game center where a new player would join a team and play at the tactical level and with experience, might be promoted to where he fights at the operational level, and finally perhaps at the grand strategic level with the battles in each game being assigned out to series of player who amassed scored and earned promotions. Imagine if every division were led by a real human player with real human corp and army commands above him coodinating the fight. Imagine if you are the strategic player and you have an army where you are trying to decide if Ralegh is up to the task of taking on that Prussian army you see across the way that just devastated a Russian general with a pretty good reputation. Again, it would take a very long time to finish games, but the idea has potential and could certainly be very cool. Perhaps my (as yet unborn) kids will one day get to enjoy such a thing.

(in reply to sol_invictus)
Post #: 4
RE: Question citizens - 7/7/2005 8:55:52 AM   
frodon

quote:

ORIGINAL: jchastain

An even more interesting concept would be the ability to amass a team of gamers with them splitting up responsibilities. Imagine if every division were led by a real human player with real human corp and army commands above him coodinating the fight. Imagine if you are the strategic player and you have an army where you are trying to decide if Ralegh is up to the task of taking on that Prussian army you see across the way that just devastated a Russian general with a pretty good reputation. Perhaps my (as yet unborn) kids will one day get to enjoy such a thing.

Would have been a dream come true. In the meantime, you should check out Napoleonic Wars Online that gives you a chance to play on a team with a lot of other human commanders...

http://www.distance-simulations.com

< Message edited by frodon -- 7/7/2005 9:14:00 AM >

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Question citizens Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI