Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MCNA bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> MCNA bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MCNA bug - 11/29/2001 1:50:00 PM   
LeibstandartePzD

Gentlemen, I have the version 7 patch for the MC and have been experiencing a strange bug. While playing the MC every so often it lapses into a multi-player game. Normally if it happens during my turn I just save and exit and start again. But if it happens during the British computer player turn I have to ctrl-alt-delete out of the game and thus loose all my progress from the last save. Any idea what may be causing this? Any insite into this would be excellent. Thanks for your time and attention to this.

Respectfully,
Jason E. Otto
Former member of the 8th US Cavalry and a grandson of a Leibstandarte tanker.

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech
Post #: 1
- 11/29/2001 9:40:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

What operating system are you running?

(in reply to LeibstandartePzD)
Post #: 2
- 11/30/2001 12:29:00 PM   
LeibstandartePzD

I am running Windows 98 non-second edition. On a PII 400 with 128 MB of Ram.

Respectfully,
Jason E. Otto

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech

Post #: 3
- 11/30/2001 9:04:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Like some of the other "weird" problems this defies troubleshooting becasue it happens so seldom, and seemingly with out cause, and only to some people. I have never seen it in hundreds of hours of playtesting, others see it the first time they play. Any details on when it tends to occur would help. One can copy the save files out of the mega campaign folder to "incrementally save" if this tends to strike you a lot. it also seeems to affect folks with older PCs, a BIOS update might help??? (grasping at straws...)

Post #: 4
- 12/1/2001 12:45:00 PM   
LeibstandartePzD

Paul, If this is an isolated incident please don't let it bother you. I realize that with a million different computers, operating, systems, etc. it would be impossible to find and fix every possible bug. I can work through it and just have to save more often. I just wanted to bring it up in case it had been reported before. Thanks for your time and keep up the great work. I eagerly await the opportunity to send more money your way for more great Matrix Games! Thanks again. Respectfully,
Jason E. Otto

Respectfully,
Jason E. Otto

Post #: 5
- 12/1/2001 11:26:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

COuld anyone else who has suffered this "game mode change" please post their system specs here? As far as I know only 4 people have reported this, and Only one reported that it had occured multiple times to them. Thanks!

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> MCNA bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI