Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ahhhhh gents. Look at what ya made me do...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Ahhhhh gents. Look at what ya made me do... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ahhhhh gents. Look at what ya made me do... - 7/9/2005 3:41:55 AM   
rjnharvey

I was ever so patiently waiting for EiA.
Then I heard about this new game which I thought looked really cool but I was waiting for EiA.
Then said game was released and I just had to keep coming back in here to read about it.
Then I told myself well, certainly both games would be worth it but I can certainly wait till the patch and what all is said about it.

*SIGH*

Well, I am $40 poorer but I am wearing a silly grin. The digital download worked great for me and the game is installed. Haven't even run it yet.

My only fear is that Matrix picks up and releases another game in the same era before EiA comes out. ;-)

Thanks to the developers and Matrix. May you both prosper. :-)

Now to do some reading.

Post #: 1
RE: Ahhhhh gents. Look at what ya made me do... - 7/9/2005 5:45:41 AM   
eMonticello

rjn,

If you want to dive in after skimming the manual, I suggest trying Turkey. Since you'll be militarily weak, you can focus on learning the economic and political side of the game. In preparation for war with Austria, I garrisoned two armies in the north (forage only) and was pleasantly surprised with an invite by Russia, Britain, and Sweden to join their war with Austria. Fortunately, the other powers decimated Austria's armies and I was able to easily defeat it's depleted forces. I received a major surrender package from her (30 colony units, cede a province, limit military forces in three conquered provinces ... ripe for insurrection, and 8% of Austria's income for two years). I'm moving my forces back into garrison and will focus on creating a huge treasury ... which I can use to create economic and political havoc with potential enemies :)

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example. -- Pudd'nhead Wilson

(in reply to rjnharvey)
Post #: 2
RE: Ahhhhh gents. Look at what ya made me do... - 7/9/2005 5:51:29 AM   
sol_invictus

Turkey is always fun in games like CoG, EiAs, and EU because they are such a loose cannon.

(in reply to eMonticello)
Post #: 3
RE: Ahhhhh gents. Look at what ya made me do... - 7/9/2005 6:28:57 AM   
mogami

Hi, The game is a gas. As Sweden my people are always 1000 morale. Money in the bank and let stronger nations reward my being Allied with them. (Just got Pomerania from Prussia and all I did was have 50k troops sit on Berlin along with 200k Russian and British.
I've done away with the fuedal system (Sweden is now a democratic monarchy) cash comes from Colonies donated by France and Prussia.
The Army is small but well trained and high morale from victory.
Sweden is going through a baby boom.
Can't wait to try it against real people (I don't know if I can hitchhike in multi human game like against AI)

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to sol_invictus)
Post #: 4
RE: Ahhhhh gents. Look at what ya made me do... - 7/9/2005 9:14:11 AM   
rjnharvey

Thanks for the tips. I am still working through the manual. This is longest I think I have gone without actually booting up the a game. Just taking folks advice and working through it. Putting a stop on for the night (I am in detailed combat).

I will give Turkey a shot tomorrow night. :)

Thanks!

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 5
RE: Ahhhhh gents. Look at what ya made me do... - 7/9/2005 10:32:04 AM   
Krec

the game takes a bit to get used to , play alittle, read a little, adjust and so on. ive only tried one nation so far and game has been very interesting. just a tip. plan your moves and adjustments carfully because you cant go back. i dont mind , just takes some getting use too. i actually like it after a while. hey if you forget to somthing in order or just plain forget think of it as somebody messed up in you chain of command . adds a great deal to the game imo.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." Patton

(in reply to rjnharvey)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Ahhhhh gents. Look at what ya made me do... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI