Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How much time to you spend on each turn?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> How much time to you spend on each turn? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How much time to you spend on each turn? - 7/10/2005 8:21:18 AM   
stovepipe

Is it possible to conduct a reasonably thought out turn in twenty minutes? The reason I ask is, I want to know if online gaming is a reasonable option, or do well thought out turns tend to take too long for online gaming.

I would think another issue would be the politics and talking to other players. How does that work in these sort of games? Is everyone constantly instant messaging each other behind each other's backs, I guess that would all just be part of the game.

I am wondering how online gaming is going to play out. I would think you would have to set a turn time limit. Then as soon as each turn went off and results were produced everyone would start politicking again.

If you had a game filled with real people it could be quite the beautiful mess.
Post #: 1
RE: How much time to you spend on each turn? - 7/10/2005 10:41:42 AM   
Ralegh

Once you are comfortable with the game, it is a very rare turn that takes you as long as 20 minutes - usually about 5 minutes is heaps - excluding resolving battles. (Exception: the very first turn can take posivitely ages)

Resolving battles can take up to an hour and a half, and sometimes there are 2 or 3 major battles in the same month. At least with an online game, people can do something else if they dont want to watch - rather than having to sit around bored.

You might choose to only play quick battles if you actually had 8 people to cut down on the boredom factor...

HTH
Steve/Ralegh

(in reply to stovepipe)
Post #: 2
RE: How much time to you spend on each turn? - 7/11/2005 1:32:41 AM   
stovepipe

quote:

half, and sometimes there are 2 or 3 major battles in the same month. At least with an online game, people can do something else if they dont want to watch - rather than having to sit around bored.

You might choose to only play quick battles if you actually had 8 people to cut down on the boredom factor...

Sounds like online is a viable option if you go with quick battles. I am pleased.

(in reply to Ralegh)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> How much time to you spend on each turn? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI