Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Scenario - In the Update 2.1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Scenario - In the Update 2.1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Scenario - In the Update 2.1 - 6/28/2000 10:21:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I managed to squeeze one scenario into the 2.1 update. You may not have noticed it. It is scen057. And these slots will all be filled to 100 very soon. Two more campaigns are coming too. Here is "Cut Off" CUT OFF! Japanese Advance vs US Army Delay Mokmer, New Guinea, June 12, 1944 Turns: 18 Design: Wild Bill Wilder THE BACKGROUND General MacArthur's forces in their long, painful conquest of the w2nd largest island in the world, New Guinea, were finally reaching the end of their two year campaign. As Allied forces moved slowly westward, the next item of conquest was Biak Island. With its various airfields, Biak could present problems to the attacks on the Marianas by Admiral Nimitz's Marine and Army troops. The major Japanese defensive force on the island was the 22nd Infantry Regiment, commanded by Colonel Kuzume. He could also field a company of light tanks. It was a sizable defense group. Against this force came US Army troops of the 41st Division. After a rather uneventful landing, the GIs began the capture of Mokmer Airfield. After fighting their way through the village to the north of the airstrip, a fierce counterattack was launched by troops of the 2nd Battalion of the 222nd with tank support. The US 3rd Battalion, 163rd, suddenly found itself cut off and under heavy attack by the Japanese. One platoon was totally severed from the main body of the battalion. Under repeated attack, the 3rd was in danger of being engulfed. The tank platoon of the 603rd Tank Company supporting the battalion was smothered in banzai charges. The US Navy stepped into the action with support from LCI-34, a rocket carrying landing craft, and the destroyers Stockton and Reid. Then hidden Japanese coastal guns opened up and hit the Stockton, forcing the destroyers to withdraw. The 3rd was on its own. ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 6/28/2000 10:28:00 AM   
Tankhead

Thanks WB I'm always looking forward to your scenarios you are such a master at it. Tankhead

Tankhead

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 6/28/2000 10:46:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Thanks, Tankhead. That means a lot to me. I look for unique situations in history, something that makes a battle stand out. Then I try to find a way to convey that to the computer. Battles such as this one offer themselves handily to such efforts. It provides something a little "different," a surprise or two and makes it more challenging and more fun. The encouragement is very much appreciated on this end. There will be more...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 6/28/2000 7:40:00 PM   
GeneralOberst Teufel

Ahh.. Japan VS US Just Like old times cannot wait to play tonight Thanks GeneralOberst Teufel

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 6/28/2000 11:37:00 PM   
Wild Bill

At your orders, Mein General! Enjoy!...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 6/29/2000 1:02:00 AM   
Beantown

Gentlemen, I've been a Steel Panthers fan since the game was released eons ago, and I want to pass on that this is the most unselfish, suprlative effort I've seen in the wargaming community in some time. I also am looking forward to the new revisions of the old SSI titles as well, as they were great in their day. Wild Bill, your scenarios are always a treat, and I've learned much just by studying your layouts. Can't wait for the new stuff, and I have but one simple question: any Stalingrad stuff in the pipeline? Again, gentlemen thanks for the superior effort, and I'll pass the word about the company to my other fanatical gaming friends.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
- 6/29/2000 1:30:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Beantown, glad you asked that question, but first thanks for the kind words. It is an encouragement to me personally. Stalingrad! I would not take that one on. But Redleg, one of our top testers and designers did, using the BIG maps. Wait till you see this Stalingrad! One scenario. How about eight? I hope to post the first one today. You will love these. Good job Redleg! Kursk, Berlin, Bagration, and Korsun Pocket also coming, plus battles around the Dnieper... Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 7
- 6/29/2000 1:41:00 AM   
Dice4Eyes

Now i know there is a god and his name is Redleg. I love the east front. Are you ready for total war fellas. Thanks in advance. ------------------ Ever played chess with death Mvh Daniel E.

Divide et Impera Daniel E

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 8
- 6/29/2000 5:09:00 AM   
Von Rom

As always thanks everyone: Wild Bill, Redleg, and all you great guys... Awh shucks - you're too good to us - looking forward to many, many more... Say Wild Bill - you guys are great scenario designers - have you written an article or two on how to set up and design good scenarios? I'd love to find out how to do it. ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge...

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 9
- 6/29/2000 6:24:00 AM   
Wild Bill

There is a tutorial in the manual on scenario design. It is called Making War. Check it out...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Scenario - In the Update 2.1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI