Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

crash messed up savegame

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> crash messed up savegame Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
crash messed up savegame - 2/11/2002 6:12:00 PM   
Unknown_Enemy

I send an email (and a log) to Paul about a crash I went into using the 2-5 mech.exe with MCLV, but there is something I was not able to tell, my install seems to be DEAD. After my crashed I stopped playing. I tryed to launch SPWAW the following day, I launched SP all right, went directly to MC, load a savegame, then I started to see a mass of 'could not load OBB' flickering in the low left side of the screen.
Reboot the comp, reload the MC savegame : same result. Seen anything like that already ? By the way, on Win XP, should the mech.exe file should be launched in an emulation mode ? If yes, which one ? specs :
athlon 1200
384Mo SDRAM
NVIDIA Gforce 256 32MoDDR drivers 23.11
MB ASUS A7V-E with 4in1 4.37v
SB live!
Windows XP
FALSE ALARM I WAS ABLE TO RELAUNCH ANY LV DDF OR W WITHOUT PROBLEMS BUT SAVEGAME IS DEFINITELY DEAD
SO THE CRASH MESSED UP THE SAVEGAME, BUT NOT THE INSTALL. [ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: Unknown_Enemy ]

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn.
Yaah ! Yaah ! Cthulhu fhtagn ! Cthulhu fhtagn !
Post #: 1
- 2/13/2002 1:00:00 AM   
Supervisor

Try deleting the steel.prf file from MatrixGames/SPWAW/save folder and restart the game sometimes crashes corrupt this file, if no help, try to start an new campaign. The crash could have corrupted the save file because when the game ends it automatically tries to update the save file and if it ended prematurely it could have corrupted it because it didn't get the proper chance to update it correctly.

(in reply to Unknown_Enemy)
Post #: 2
- 2/15/2002 12:15:00 AM   
Unknown_Enemy

I tryed to reload after deleting the steel.prf file, but it didn't worked. The save game is dead. Fortunately, I am a coward who manually save his gave before each battle, just in case I get slaughtered too much for my taste......

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn.
Yaah ! Yaah ! Cthulhu fhtagn ! Cthulhu fhtagn !

(in reply to Unknown_Enemy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> crash messed up savegame Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI