Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to Form a Protectorate?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> How to Form a Protectorate? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to Form a Protectorate? - 7/10/2005 5:06:12 PM   
tgb

What must the relationship between a minor and your country be before they offer to beocme a protectorate? As Turkey, I've subsidized and charmed Cyenaipa to the point that their attitude towards me is approx. +1200, but still no deal. Am I just throwing my money away?
Post #: 1
RE: How to Form a Protectorate? - 7/10/2005 5:31:44 PM   
Ralegh

It depends - if they have a lot of fear about somebody, then you don't even need that much. If they are pretty placid, you might need 1500. I think. (I don't really monitor this anymore)

HTH
Steve/Ralegh

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 2
RE: How to Form a Protectorate? - 7/10/2005 6:02:59 PM   
msin

I seem to be on a roll today with stupid questions so here is another one... Where do I see the actual relationship value that a minor country has towards me (i.e. +1500, +1200).

In the battle between good and evil, evil has more fun...

(in reply to Ralegh)
Post #: 3
RE: How to Form a Protectorate? - 7/10/2005 6:52:18 PM   
Ralegh

You are fine - ask and it shall be explained to you.
Click on a country - press the 'relationship details' button (or something like that) - near where the province development button would be if it was one of your provinces. You might need to have a diplomat nearby to see values.

HTH
Steve/Ralegh

(in reply to msin)
Post #: 4
RE: How to Form a Protectorate? - 7/11/2005 12:47:19 AM   
tgb

You do have to have a diplomat either in the province or right next door.

(in reply to Ralegh)
Post #: 5
RE: How to Form a Protectorate? - 7/12/2005 9:54:29 PM   
jstransue

I knew if I searched down I'd find a question relating to this. That part cleared it up some for me.

Do they have to offer to become a protectorate to you? Does it just have a pop-up box one month?

I'm playing a game as Britain now and finally had the insurrectionists cause France to surrender to me. As part of the surrender package, I made France liberate some of her protectorates and now I want them to see the beauty of joining me.

Great game.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 6
RE: How to Form a Protectorate? - 7/12/2005 10:24:27 PM   
Mynok

Sometimes it will show up in the right-click menu where you declare war and subsidize if you have bribed them enough. Select it and they will become a protectorate when the turn runs (without them having to ask).

I've had them ask for protection because I invaded a neighbor (Tripolitania seems inclined to become a protectorate if you invade Cyrenaica--which I always do as Turkey).

BTW, a protectorate has some advantages but for empire status, I prefer conquered provinces. That is why I always conquer Cyrenaica and Sicily if I can. Tripolitania, Tunisia and Algiers have corps (very helpful for defending North Africa), so I make them protectorates if possible.

(in reply to jstransue)
Post #: 7
RE: How to Form a Protectorate? - 7/13/2005 2:11:48 AM   
Ralegh

I normally dump all my diplomats into one set to charm, and let them do their thing.
\Note that rating points are each roughly equal to one gold, so you can use bulk cash to move them forward. [At high game levels the AI gets so much more cash than you do that this is not even worth trying: I am bullying eric into changing this.]

HTH
Steve/Ralegh

(in reply to jstransue)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> How to Form a Protectorate? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI